US$100
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$133
US$129
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$154/night.

US$239
  • Restaurant
Hotel Trebol(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$45
Azul Cielo Hostel(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$43
US$25
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$330
US$314
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop poolpedestrian streetsanto domingobeautiful atriumroom rates arefirst floorgreat locationac workshot cakessweet breadincluded breakfasthigh ceilingshuge bathroomthe ground floorno windowcomfortable bedno lift
Reviewed 17 January 2017

As previous reviewers have noted, most rooms (including mine) have no windows, but my junior suite was very spacious and came with bathrobes, slippers, nice toiletries, etc. The staff were very nice and helpful, and my breakfasts were good (except the coffee, which could be much better). I did have two problems: 1) music from an adjacent club was very loud on the weekends, and went on until at least 3 AM. My room faced away from it, but it still kept me up on two nights. The staff explained that they tell guests about this, but I was not advised either when making my reservation or when checking in. 2) More worrisome was an attempt to charge me at checkout for what I was told was a missing bottle of mezcal that supposedly was in my room. I explained that I never saw it, drank it, or took it, but the head of housekeeping insisted that she saw it in my room the day before. Since my room had already been cleaned between then and when I checked out the next morning, someone must have entered my room and taken it, unless the staff were mistaken about it being there in the first place. Nothing was taken from my room (although my belongings were in a locked suitcase), and the staff deducted the charge from my bill, but I would recommend keeping valuables in the room safe just in case.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
David P, Director General at Parador De Alcala, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Dear mrsirin,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your TripAdvisor experience. Today, we can only thank those who, like you, give us their opinion to improve day by day.

Allow me to apologize, as for your comments I see that your stay between us was not 100% satisfactory. I have taken good note of your observations I can assure you that I will personally review it with the corresponding staff and that I will personally follow the expected improvements.

On the other hand, and regarding your note about the mezcal bottle, I can assure you that this type of incident is not usual in our proceeding. Without a doubt, I have passed on your comments to our Rooms Division Manager to take appropriate corrective action.

I sincerely hope that we will give you another opportunity to provide you with the excellent experience you were hoping for.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this hotel - the staff were very helpful and friendly, the breakfasts were great (try the huevos rancheros), and the location is extremely close to the Zocalo. It also has a lovely swimming pool and terrace on the roof.

On the negative side, our room (and all of those on the ground floor) open directly onto the atrium which hosts the restaurant and a seating area. It felt a little intrusive as any diners would be able to see into our room when we were coming in or going out. They also have tables set up immediately outside the bedroom doors. Also, it was really noisy in the evenings because of the people in the restaurant. I'm not very noise sensitive so usually things like this don't bother me at all, but it was so loud it was difficult to get to sleep. However, I visited around Christmas Day so I guess there were more festivities than usual.

The other thing that I wanted to mention was that when I was on the roof terrace I saw 2 dogs on the neighbouring roof who were extremely thin and malnourished. They looked on the brink of starving and seemed to be up on the hot roof all day every day. A couple of times I bought dog food and threw it down to them as I felt really awful for the poor things. Anyway, turns out they have an owner who saw me throwing the food down and turned up at the hotel reception in a very angry mood. He wanted to call the police. The front desk staff were great and managed to
calm him down, but they asked me not to feed the dogs again. It left me feeling a little sad - although of course has no bearing on the rating of the hotel at all.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
David P, Director General at Parador De Alcala, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Dear Erin,

We are delighted that you enjoyed our breakfasts and that the service has lived up to your expectations. However, we regret the noise perceived from your room, believe me that we will take the necessary measures in high season.

I am pleased your acknowledge to our staff as mediators, this opens a door to foster our integration with the social fabric of the neighborhood.

I regret their perception and, despite the inconvenience, I hope we get another chance. Please contact me, would be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

This hotel is located on the edge of the pedestrian sector. You have the benefit of being dropped off with your bags close to reception, yet can step out into the vibrant, car-free pedestrian zone and enjoy the sights.
Walk out and to your left...the Templo de Santo Domingo Guzman and the Museo de las Cultaras de Oaxaca (not to forget the renowned Casa Oaxaca restaurant and its amazing rooftop dining. Just watching the waiters going up and down the steep stairs with huge trays of food was exciting enough and then you eat the food!).
Walk out and to your right....the Zocalo gardens and Benito Juarez Markets.
This renovated hotel is understated; neutral colours and limited decoration. The central courtyard has beautiful dimensions and all rooms face this courtyard, with the exception of Room 1 which faces the reception foyer. The hotel has a small rooftop pool, gym and business/meeting facilities.
Our room (4) was huge and contained two, queen-sized beds, a dressing room separate from the bathroom and a sizeable entrance foyer. Our window faced the street open to traffic, yet we heard little at night. When you see the width of the walls around the window, you understand why. Beds were extremely comfortable and the rain shower: hot and pressured. Breakfast was provided as part of the tariff and we enjoyed all our choices.
Some reviewers have commented on the fact that the ground floor room doors open up into the restaurant area. We did not find this a problem, although our room door was in a corner. At all times we found the facilities spotless and the staff friendly... though few spoke English.
The only thing I could complain about would be the lack of power points in the room. Apart from this, our stay at the Parador was very enjoyable.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
David P, Director General at Parador De Alcala, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2016

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your Tripadvisor experience. Today, we can only thank those who, like you, give us their opinion to improve day by day.

If you are coming back to Oaxaca, do not hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks again for your words and take the opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2017.

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel is good, but nothing extra really. Great location, friendly staff, good breakfast and clean pool on the roof top with a cool view. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Unfortunately no windows. However, overall a nice experience and we would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
David P, Director General at Parador De Alcala, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

Hi Hanna,

Thank you for your comment and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay. For an upcoming occasion I suggest one of our rooms with balcony and view of the pedestrian walk.

We hope to have you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

I usually don't care much about rooms in hotels since we only spend time there to sleep however this time several things happened that made me believe this place was quite average with the rooms and services. First of all, they oversold the rooms online so when we arrived after 10 hours of road we were told that our rooms were downgraded to some rooms without windows. Secondly because they had no windows the rooms were very very humid all day long and felt like a sauna if you took a shower... so all in all I would not recommend it but i admit their breakfast and location are amazing although their room sell in policy sucks.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
David P, Director General at Parador De Alcala, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Dear Pablo,

Thank you for your honest opinion. I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the quality of the rooms. Please send us an email with a phone number or email address to know more about what happened, and to resolve it personally.
There is a procedure that informs at the time of booking if the room has no window and can cancel without any inconvenience so it is important to know if this did not work.

The building is listed by INAH (National Institute of Anthropology and History) located in the historical center of the city, a World Heritage Site and, unfortunately, its remodeling was based on strict parameters of original construction. I regret, once again, that your stay was not entirely pleasant for this detail. I hope that, despite this, we have another opportunity.