“I Learned So Much!” 5 of 5 bubbles

52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“I Learned So Much!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I did the Escape the Winter Blues week long class and loved it!!! This was cooking and culture mixed together to make for a magical week. First, Susanna Trilling, the owner and chef, is a wonderful person with a gift of cooking and teaching. Her passion shines through when she starts talking about the food in Oaxaca!

We went on trips each day and spent time in markets, visited families, cooked outdoors, made cheese, made chocolate, and cooked many of our own meals. It was a wonderful week and I highly recommend this anyone interested in food, cooking and eating! I look forward to my next class there!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Linda R

Waitsfield, Vermont, USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A highlight of trip to Oaxaca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our full day with Yolanda! Her knowledge of the market is priceless. We got to taste amazing tamales, breads, cheeses, and spices followed by lunch. Next, we traveled to the beautiful cooking school where Yolanda led us in creating a tasty five course dinner. The staff was fun and helpful and combined with our positive and energetic group the result made it feel like a day-long party. This experience was one of the highlights of our trip to Oaxaca.

Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun even if you don't like to cook!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Susan, even though she was feeling under the weather, was very hands on. Her team was also great but it was definitely the group that made the class fun. You meet people from all walks of life and you get to team up and make wonderful food! My only real complaint was that the initial walk thru of the market was dragged out- it could have been cut much shorter, and our guide didn't seem that prepared but she was still very knowledgeable. I definitely recommend if you are in the area!

Visited December 2013
Suzanahoria23, Manager at Seasons of My Heart Cooking School, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the class and the team work. We are sorry you are not totally satisfied with the market tour. Thanks to your comments we are improving our timing. We appreciate your recommendation.
Bow
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“All-day food experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is an all day activity! First we toured the Etla market and sampled many of the traditional foods from the region. This was a wonderful experience, as I like learning all about different cultures. Then we went to the cooking school where we learned how to prepare some fantastic dishes. While the dishes were wonderful, I was a little disappointed in the lack of authentic cuisine. Don't get me wrong, the ingredients were all local, but it seemed like it was a chef's recipe for everything and a big twist on authentic dishes. I really enjoyed my time there and learning how to prepare different things. The market was the highlight for me and eating the meal at the end of the day was icing on the cake!

Visited June 2013
Decorah, Iowa
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great experience cooking with a professional chef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We attended the week long celebration of Day of the Dead during which we cooked special foods for Day of the Dead, learned to prepare some pre-Hispanic foods, visited local artisan workshops, and visited a local archeological site. We enjoyed it immensely and learned a lot in our hands-on preparation of 4 different 4 course meals.

Visited October 2013