“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #22 of 126 Oaxaca B&B and Inns
New England
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

When we arrived after dark at the Oaxaca Airport, it was a comfort to see our names on a placard held up by René, our host at Casa de Los Angeles. It was our first visit to this old colonial capital andRené patiently answered our many questions starting on the car ride and continuing daily at the breakfast table together with fellow travelers.
We looked for ward to Martita's ample breakfast, fresh fruit, juice, coffee and a variety of homemade dishes including tamales, empanadas, huevos rancheros, moles and fresh breads.
Our rom was clean, spacious and we had a private bath with hot shower. A common living room had a TV, which allowed us to watch Las Medias Rojas from Boston defeat Los Pajaros Rojas from St. Louis in the World Series.
Casa de Los Angeles is blocks away from the historic center and the language school we attended. Perfect location, perfect accommodations. Our sleep was disturbed only by the Day of the Dead firecrackers, which reminded us why we came in the first place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed four nights in Casa de los Angeles in Oaxaca, and had the most enjoyable time with Rene and his family. Our room was spacious, clean and serviced regularly, and it was an absolute delight to wake up each morning to the incredible food on offer.

A great time with wonderful people! Would recommend it to anyone looking for accommodation in a safe neighbourhood, that is close walking distance to the town centre.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Solana Beach, California
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Casa de los Angeles is a home away from home. I stayed with them for two weeks and it was a trip to remember! It was a pleasure staying with Martita, Rene, and Paula. They are really good people who are attentive to the needs of a traveler. I felt so loved living in their home, as if I was one of their own. My highlight of Oaxaca was the amazing food and good conversations around the kitchen table. My interest was in learning more about the indigenous communities in Oaxaca and Rene and Paula had a lot of rich information to offer. They were always there to help and to listen. I personally think that in Oaxaca you will find some of the best cuisine of all of Mexico. Familia Angeles went out of their way to ensure we tried the freshest, most traditional plates of Oaxaca. Some of my favorites were pozole, estufado (mole), y el tasajo al ajillo. I absolutely love Oaxaca and now with this visit I love Oaxaca even more. I will be coming back for sure.

Room Tip: I stayed in the upstairs twin bedroom (Colibri). A nice cross breeze flows through the room. There i...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed in Casa de los Angeles for a month and were amazed by the hospitality. Rene, Paula, and Martita were so helpful and provided us with great company. They truly treated us as family eating with us and sharing stories about their personal lives. The food was AMAZING! We felt like we were eating at a restaurant everyday! The neighborhood is safe and everything you need is just around the corner. I could not believe how nice this place was and look forward to bringing family members back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Queretaro City, Mexico
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed at Casa de los Angeles just for two nights but we really loved it and would return again. The house is located in a quiet residential area just a short walking distance from the bus station of the first class buses. On our arrival we were given a room although it was 8
o´clock in the morning and the official check-in time is in the afternoon. For a little charge we could enjoy an additional breakfast on the first day and we can confirm that all the reviews do not lie, the breakfast is just delicious, abundant and we could try different home-made dishes from Oaxaca. The owner René was extremely nice and helpful and gave us different tips what to do and see in Oaxaca. The room was big and very clean and we could use it also after the check-out time on our last day waiting for our night bus. If you look for a small family run place with friendly and hospitable owners we can really recommend it.
If someone wonders why I submit this review nearly one year after our stay, the reason is that I already did it once immediately after our holiday but something happened with my internet and all the text disappeared and then I was too lazy to do it again, but I still wanted to share my opinion about this beautiful place, better late than never.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2013

As a woman traveling alone, I found the "casa de los Angeles" a safe and friendly home to come back every night.
René, Paula and Marta were very attentive to my needs.
René was very easy to talk to and was forthcoming in offering any advice in regards to discovering the real Oaxaca.
Paula being an history and geography professor, we always had interesting conversations in spanish at the table.
I have to mention the patience with which René talked to us slowly, so we could understand and answer in spanish.Not to forget Marta the fantastic cook of authentic oaxacan cuisine.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Terrific B & B in Oaxaca. Wonderful breakfasts, amazing variation in menu, with an abundance of fresh fruits and breads. Cheerful, and spotless rooms plus a common sitting room. Rene and Paula are the owners. Marta, the family retainer who has been with them since heaven knows when, doesn't speak English; but you forget that the minute you sit down at the breakfast table. You can't imagine a more helpful and friendly trio. I stayed a month! And enjoyed every minute!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo