“Wholesome delights”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Mexico
“Wholesome delights”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Another San Cris gem! So many in this town! Here you can find wholesome and healthy breads and sweet stuff, home-baked and using top ingredients. It is a bit pricey for a low budget traveller as San Cris offers much cheaper options (although less healthy and tasty!). I went there for breakfast and it was delicious. This place seems to be one of the first healthy food places in SC and, having so much competition in the restaurant industry, seems to always be buzzing. Speaks a lot I reckon. Service was ok too.

• Visited November 2013

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
“Okay food Nice Breads but cetain Prices and staff not so great”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

As a local I have visited this restaurant at least 100 times in the last 3 plus years. It seem that the quality of the food quiality has declined. Prices are not that great. More than that, the service is not great either. I routenly rAs a local I have visited this restaurant at least 100 times in the last 3 plus years. It seems that the quality of the food quality has declined. The prices are not that great anymore given the food quality. Additionally, the service has not been great either. I routinely recommend La Casa del Pan to many many tourists. I am a vegetarian and it really used to be a great option. However, the recent commentaries from my guests and my own recent experiences have not been sparkling to say the least. It is really a shame because the place used to be a go to for me and my many friends and guests.eccomend may many tourists to go to the restaurant however, the recent commentaries and my own recent experiences have not been sparkling to say the least.

• Visited July 2014
Izamal, Mexico
“Our favorite restaurant in San Cristobal”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Wonderful vegetarian cuisine! We have enjoyed everything we have eaten there, and have been going there for many years.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Star J
Mexico City, Mexico
“Fresh food”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had breakfast here. The foods are fresh but taste is just above the average.
They sell organic foods like vegetables, herbs, fruits and etc on 1st floor.
They also sell lots of organic products like shampoo, soap, detergent and etc on 2nd floor. There is a organic garden on 2nd floor too.

• Visited May 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
“Local, Organic, Fresh, Reasonably Priced - Foodie Approved”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a business with deep integrity. Rooted in the community to source and promote a local, organic food system, they bring it to us at the table beautifully and deliciously ! If we had visited La Casa del Pan earlier in our trip, we would have eaten most of our meals here.
We were here for lunch (late as is the local custom, around 2-3pm) and took the Vegetarian Buffet. First courses spread out on the buffet included an Amazing Assortment of fresh and ripe salads and fruits, a very nice puree of Chayote Soup, Organic Brown Rice and Beans, and their house-made organic whole grain breads; and a delicious Guayabana Aqua Fresca. That would have been enough and all we expected for the price, but then the waiter brought us the main entree and told us that dessert also were included. The hot course was a mashed potato dish with mushrooms and cheese. It reminded me of a potato pancake in flavor. Very pleasing. We decided to share the house-made Apple Pie which was excellent. All this for $ 265 peso + tip. Buen Provecho !

• Visited May 2014