Hostal el Rincon de los Camellos
Hotel Casa Mexicana(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$45
US$43
  • Restaurant
Hotel San Jose(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$39
Iguana Hostel(San Cristobal de las Casas)(Great Value!)
US$20
  • Breakfast included
Casa Santa Lucia(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$97
Hotel Villa Mercedes(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$68
US$57
Sombra del Agua Hotel San Cristobal(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$86
TripAdvisor
Hotel Bo(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$248
Casa del Alma Hotel Boutique & Spa(San Cristobal de las Casas)
Hotels.com
Guayaba Inn(San Cristobal de las Casas)
TripAdvisor
Hotel San Marcos(San Cristobal de las Casas)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswifi works perfectlyhot waterwell equipped kitchenshared kitchenfrench guyfelt homefree coffee and teathe ownerpesos nightlocal stylefree drinking watergreat kitchenthe main streetother travelersthe location is perfectsan crisbed was comfortable
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed four peoole in the two private rooms. Very comfortable and clean. Felt safe. One of the rooms was supposed to be for all us four, but 2 double beds was not suitable for us.
The hot water was a little tricky, but after two showers we got the hang of it.
Its a ten minute walk to the plaza. Its a good street.
The people who run the place are friendly and we ordered most of our trips through them

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I ended up staying in San Cristobal for 11 days @ Los Camellos...its a great hostel and that played a part in me deciding to hang in the city for a week to study a little Spanish in Mexico before heading south-east into Guatemala. Its got a great community feel to it as the communal areas are set up to be social and the kitchen is awesome, especially if you like to cook (plus its only MXN 100 a night). And lets face it, with all the fresh produce you can pick up at the local market, why wouldn't you want to cook your own food. The location is ideal, at the top of the main high street and the rooms and facilities are comfy and always clean. Its definitely worth checking out, French travelers in particular.

Room Tip: I stayed in the long room on the left of the main patio as you enter...six beds and a bathroom for the room, but looking at some of the other rooms, they all looked pretty nice so I doubt you can go wrong.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Great hostel. Personnel super nice. Good location in main street. Clean rooms. Great relation quality/price.
We stayed in a private room with private bathroom. We had two double beds, large space. Good coffee in the morning. Owner very attentive.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I had to stay here because my apartment was not ready. It is located on a GREAT street. Close to everything. The staff was friendly and met my needs. My room was in the front(where I wanted to be) and it had a big window in it. So they had a door to cover the window and it was super dark and I was able to sleep as long as I wanted. I really like this feature. The second thing I liked was HOT water in the SHOWER and SINK! What the hay!!!!!!! I loved that I was so excited. The owner (possibly) understood my southern twang. Kisses Camellos!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MissGreene1
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this place every time I´ve been there!
The owners run the place and are nice easygoing people, always ready to help or give some information.
The rooms aren´t too big but cosy with warm blankets for the colder nights. I staied in double as well as dorm room. They are both nice.
There is also a well equipped kitchen (+ free drinkingwater & coffee) which is cleaned daily like everything else in the hostal. The staff does a great job on keeping everything clean.
There is room to sit together with others (in general really good vibes!) but as well alone without anyone rushing around you.
The location was good for me. On the mainstreet but more uphill on a quieter part.
...all that for a fair price.

Room Tip: As always rooms facing the street aren´t as quiet as the others...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple