“Great vegetarian broth”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great vegetarian broth”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I had dinner one night at El Caldero. The vegetarian broth was excellent with rice, carrots, beans, chayote and various other veggies. Service was prompt and the price is excellent.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Everything is good here!”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

El Caldero has tasty soups and a comfortable atmosphere. It is one of my favorite restaurants in San Cristobal.

• Visited January 2013
Pennsylvania
“my FAVORITE place to eat in San Cris!”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I had a terrible cold and heard this place had great soup, which is really all I wanted in life, at that point in time. I happened to get the last table available and anxiously awaited my soup, as I watched the waiter deliver heaping, steaming bowls to other customers.

When mine arrived and was placed in front of me, it was like a tiny piece of heaven floated down and landed on the table. It was amazing! Awesome chicken soup, good for the soul and everything else that ails you.

I went back numerous times during my week's stay in San Cris!

• Visited December 2012
Coatzacoalcos, Mexico
“Delicious Mexican Meals”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

They offer a great variety of Mexican dishes similar to a soup, one soup is enough for lunch or supper, we recommend the Caldo Tlalpeño, Pozole and Chiken soup with rice, they all are served with a big proportion of chicken and vegetables, they also give you chips with fried beans. The price prices are very cheap.

The restaurant is very well located in the downtown area.

• Visited September 2012
Cozumel, Mexico
“Never Disappointed”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I have been visiting El Caldero for many years. Its a must , once or twice on every visit to San Cristobal. My only problem here is deciding which soup because I like them all here. Always fresh, high quality ingredients and an excellent , filling meal for about 50 pesos. And the beans and chips and other small dishes served before the soup are also excellent. I am impressed that for many years I have seen the same senora in the kitchen. I hope she stays---she knows how to prepare soup.
For a small place, I find their website to be excellent http://www.elcaldero.com.mx/ .

• Visited September 2012