“Not as nice as lonely planet says it is”
Review of Ganesha Posada

and 1 more site!
Ganesha Posada
San Diego, California
“Not as nice as lonely planet says it is”
Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed in a cheaper hostel for a few nights but then the water went out so I decided to check this place out. The breakfast sucks, the price is expensive considering other hostels in the area, they charge you to leave your bags for the day after check out (I have never had a hostel or hotel do this). The claim of yoga was false. They said the instructor was on vacation. I just didn't get a good vibe here.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank UtawWhite

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This was a horrible place. It is totally faking this hippy love idea, but is actually just a money-making place to rip off travelers. It is Freezing cold. Unfriendly staff. Doing everything they could to try to extort money out of us. Bathroom are dirty.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank losglobos
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Me and my partner arrived here after driving everywhere in Mexico. We were both exhausted and found our spirit sanctuary at Ganesha Posada. The Kundalini Yoga classes eased our tensions and we melted into place we were in. The room and kitchen were awesome and we feel alseep to a peaceful rainstorm. It was one of the places we fet the most at home in Mexico. Great owners and great spot!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Hradec Kralove
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I booked a private room two days in advance but upon my arrival it still wasn't ready, so I accepted a bed in a shared dormitory. The room wasn't very clean, neither was the bathroom - which is outside the building which is very inconvenient since in San Cristóbal, it gets quite chilly in the morning and in the evening. Moreover, hot water runs only form 7 to 11 a.m., then you need to ask at the reception.
I decided not to stay there. But I must say that the guy was very friendly and helpful and they made no problems when I informed them that I was leaving, they even gave me half of my money back.

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jana C
San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Beautiful place with space to rest and enjoy the garden. Very clean bathrooms and friendly, helpful staff. The kindalini yoga lessons are fantastic. My room opened onto the garden and had a comfortable bed with writing desk and chair. I would definitely stay here again and, in fact, would quite like to live here! Nice and central.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back which open onto the garden are sublime.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Antigua, Guatemala
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Very clean, nice people, yoga studio. If you are looking for a chill yet friendly atmosphere, this is it. The yoga studio which is open for use is a great bonus as well.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Nottingham
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed here for about a month in 2009 and had a fantastic time. The hostel has a great vibe to it and is very cheap considering that breakfast is included as well.Fabian, Bely and Laura were also fantastic hosts who made me feel at home for the duration of my stay. I will definately stay here again next time I am in San Cristóbal

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo