“Great!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ganesha Posada

Ganesha Posada
“Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Amazing place to stay, walking distanc to center and really good price for what you get.... Really relaxing.... Only but would be that there is 2 bathrooms for 7 rooms.... I had an amazing experience! Cngrats

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

For one of the most relaxed environments and great energy spaces that my partner and I encountered in San Cristobal, Mexico I would say that Ganesha Posada made us feel like family. The Yoga classes were excellent, staff and Hostel Owner were incredibly gracious and informative. I even got myself in a Blog article from the experience! Too cool. The rooms were super cozy, meeting other like minded travelers with lot's of stories to share was great and I really felt like I was in a cabin, but in the city. A big bonus for someone who is not too keen on over crowded city scenes. We even got sushi delivered from one of the staff's friend's to the Hostel! Amazing! Very cultural. I was in heaven. For everything that we experienced in Mexico... and that was ALOT... I would give our Ganesha family a BIG Om's up! To say that we even got magically directed there from some other travler's on the road, truly shows to me that this place is amazing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dyanna B
fabianganesha, Propietario at Ganesha Posada, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Hello Dyana , thanks for your nice comment on trip advisor, we are doing every days all with so much love dedication and happines.... thanks a lot,

regards

Muchas gracias
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed in a cheaper hostel for a few nights but then the water went out so I decided to check this place out. The breakfast sucks, the price is expensive considering other hostels in the area, they charge you to leave your bags for the day after check out (I have never had a hostel or hotel do this). The claim of yoga was false. They said the instructor was on vacation. I just didn't get a good vibe here.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank UtawWhite
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

This was a horrible place. It is totally faking this hippy love idea, but is actually just a money-making place to rip off travelers. It is Freezing cold. Unfriendly staff. Doing everything they could to try to extort money out of us. Bathroom are dirty.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank losglobos
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

Me and my partner arrived here after driving everywhere in Mexico. We were both exhausted and found our spirit sanctuary at Ganesha Posada. The Kundalini Yoga classes eased our tensions and we melted into place we were in. The room and kitchen were awesome and we feel alseep to a peaceful rainstorm. It was one of the places we fet the most at home in Mexico. Great owners and great spot!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Hradec Kralove
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

I booked a private room two days in advance but upon my arrival it still wasn't ready, so I accepted a bed in a shared dormitory. The room wasn't very clean, neither was the bathroom - which is outside the building which is very inconvenient since in San Cristóbal, it gets quite chilly in the morning and in the evening. Moreover, hot water runs only form 7 to 11 a.m., then you need to ask at the reception.
I decided not to stay there. But I must say that the guy was very friendly and helpful and they made no problems when I informed them that I was leaving, they even gave me half of my money back.

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jana C
San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

Beautiful place with space to rest and enjoy the garden. Very clean bathrooms and friendly, helpful staff. The kindalini yoga lessons are fantastic. My room opened onto the garden and had a comfortable bed with writing desk and chair. I would definitely stay here again and, in fact, would quite like to live here! Nice and central.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back which open onto the garden are sublime.