“Second to none” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Bamboo Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Cristobal de las Casas
Blue Bamboo Guesthouse
Zurich, Switzerland
“Second to none”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

We, swiss-peruvian-italian couple, stayed 6 nights at Blue Bamboo in November 12. It was our first choice and we liked it from the beginning. If you have passed your wild party years and want to feel at home in a quiet environment with great and warm hosts (Steven and Zofia) & staff.... Blue Bamboo is a must!

Yummie breakfast, bright and nicely furnished rooms (have a look at the pics), great and funny socialising with open-minded hosts, the whole team is always ambitioned to provide an excellent service (we left early in the morning to catch a bus to Guatemala, Zofie and Steven provided tea and a small travelling snack at 6am), downtown location, valuable recomendations what to do in SC, .... clean bathrooms are shared, but this is not a problem. As BB has only two rooms (max. 4 persons) and two bathrooms are available.

Blue Bamboo team, thank you for hosting us so kindly. Steven and Zofia, we hope to meet again somewhere on this planet.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jose G

Business
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

I really, really liked this guest house. It's all about the hosts. Sophie and Steven are wonderful people. They were friendly (but not overbearing) and generous (lending advice and books). I enjoyed their company - watching movies, getting directions, chatting. The room I had was very nice and very clean. It was cold a couple of days when I was there and I got extra blankets. We had a little fire and tea to warm up.
I was hesitant to book in a guest house, where I had to ring to enter. But that was never a problem. I also looked at less expensive hotels, where I would be able to come and go when I pleased, but I did not like the look of the beds, nor the security.
Finally, I was concerned about sharing a bathroom with other guests, but that was never a problem. There are 2 bathrooms and I did not have any times where I had to wait, or feel uncomfortable.
I would happily return.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

My mother and I arrived in Blue Bamboo after spending a rather cold and damp night in another hostel in San Cristobal. We were so glad to have moved! Like the rest of the house, our room was bright, clean and tastefully decorated (not to mention warm and dry). The breakfast each morning was wholesome and delicious, and Sophia was happy to provide a non-gluten option for my mother. Sophia and Steven, as well as all the staff at blue bamboo really went the extra mile to make us feel at home. This is a perfect choice for anyone looking for a peaceful place to stay in San Cristobal while being close to all the main attractions. All in all, we couldn’t recommend it more highly!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Catherine E
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

The Blue Bamboo is a beautifully presented guesthouse run by the wonderful Zofia. Both she and her partner Steven have created place to stay that is peaceful while also being great value. The breakfasts were second to none and Zofia was helpful in recommending resturants and things to do in and around San Cristobal. This was our best stay in Mexico by far and we would highly recommend the Blue Bamboo to indiviudal travellers or couples looking for affordable serenity and comfort. Thank you again Zofia we hope to return soon!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Köln, Deutschland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

This guesthouse is led by a polish-american couple and was only opened one month ago. Therefore everything is brand new. The rooms are absolutly beautiful with large windows towards the small gardens. The interior design is super tasteful with large rooms including a queensized bed, a small table, a towelrack, a large closet including a safe. The bathrooms are clean with European standard.
The breakfast is magnificient and the owners and staff incredibly friendly and helpful. I wish this hostel with only few rooms a great future!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple