“Such a great place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Cristobal de las Casas
Blue Bamboo Guesthouse
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Such a great place”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Blue Bamboo. I'll even go as far as saying that it was our favorite guest house of the 2 week trip in Mexico. The owners resemble the city of San Cristobal : friendly, relaxed, soulful. They were very knowledgeable regarding the various places to eat or visit and we found their advice always spot on.
The breakfast was delicious and healthy, the room was very bright -simply yet very nicely decorated. The location is ideal, it's only one block from the pedestrian street and yet it remains perfectly quiet, we never had any problem relaxing or sleeping.

They provided much needed help and comfort when I was feeling under the weather and I can safely say that if the end of our stay in the country turned out a success it is greatly thanks to Zophia and Steven and what emanates from their home. It was, quite frankly, an utter pleasure to spend a few days with them and their lovely dogs. We would definitely recommend staying there, may it be for a night, a week or or any length of time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Eugene, OR
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed 4 nights at Blue Bamboo. It was the perfect place to land after a rough bus ride from Oaxaca - Zofia and Steven were welcoming and it felt good to be in a home-y atmosphere rather than a hotel. Zofia was helpful with everything from booking tours to ideas of places to visit in town and we had great talks about health and healing. Even if you don't stay here I recommend visiting her little store next to the B&B, she has natural products and some comforting healthy foods that are not easily found in Mexico.

I was the only person staying at the B&B. This was perfect for the first couple of nights and then I might have preferred to be around other travelers.

The breakfasts were fulfilling and tasty. The house was very clean. The location is ideal.
The two dogs were nice and rarely barked. Zofia and Steven are very conscientious about them and they are well trained. If I were traveling with a friend, or if I needed a few quiet, serene days, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We, swiss-peruvian-italian couple, stayed 6 nights at Blue Bamboo in November 12. It was our first choice and we liked it from the beginning. If you have passed your wild party years and want to feel at home in a quiet environment with great and warm hosts (Steven and Zofia) & staff.... Blue Bamboo is a must!

Yummie breakfast, bright and nicely furnished rooms (have a look at the pics), great and funny socialising with open-minded hosts, the whole team is always ambitioned to provide an excellent service (we left early in the morning to catch a bus to Guatemala, Zofie and Steven provided tea and a small travelling snack at 6am), downtown location, valuable recomendations what to do in SC, .... clean bathrooms are shared, but this is not a problem. As BB has only two rooms (max. 4 persons) and two bathrooms are available.

Blue Bamboo team, thank you for hosting us so kindly. Steven and Zofia, we hope to meet again somewhere on this planet.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jose G
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I really, really liked this guest house. It's all about the hosts. Sophie and Steven are wonderful people. They were friendly (but not overbearing) and generous (lending advice and books). I enjoyed their company - watching movies, getting directions, chatting. The room I had was very nice and very clean. It was cold a couple of days when I was there and I got extra blankets. We had a little fire and tea to warm up.
I was hesitant to book in a guest house, where I had to ring to enter. But that was never a problem. I also looked at less expensive hotels, where I would be able to come and go when I pleased, but I did not like the look of the beds, nor the security.
Finally, I was concerned about sharing a bathroom with other guests, but that was never a problem. There are 2 bathrooms and I did not have any times where I had to wait, or feel uncomfortable.
I would happily return.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 September 2012

My mother and I arrived in Blue Bamboo after spending a rather cold and damp night in another hostel in San Cristobal. We were so glad to have moved! Like the rest of the house, our room was bright, clean and tastefully decorated (not to mention warm and dry). The breakfast each morning was wholesome and delicious, and Sophia was happy to provide a non-gluten option for my mother. Sophia and Steven, as well as all the staff at blue bamboo really went the extra mile to make us feel at home. This is a perfect choice for anyone looking for a peaceful place to stay in San Cristobal while being close to all the main attractions. All in all, we couldn’t recommend it more highly!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Catherine E
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The Blue Bamboo is a beautifully presented guesthouse run by the wonderful Zofia. Both she and her partner Steven have created place to stay that is peaceful while also being great value. The breakfasts were second to none and Zofia was helpful in recommending resturants and things to do in and around San Cristobal. This was our best stay in Mexico by far and we would highly recommend the Blue Bamboo to indiviudal travellers or couples looking for affordable serenity and comfort. Thank you again Zofia we hope to return soon!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Köln, Deutschland
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This guesthouse is led by a polish-american couple and was only opened one month ago. Therefore everything is brand new. The rooms are absolutly beautiful with large windows towards the small gardens. The interior design is super tasteful with large rooms including a queensized bed, a small table, a towelrack, a large closet including a safe. The bathrooms are clean with European standard.
The breakfast is magnificient and the owners and staff incredibly friendly and helpful. I wish this hostel with only few rooms a great future!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple