“Nice Break From Tamales”
Review of Cocina Esuk Tokyo - CLOSED

Cocina Esuk Tokyo
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 5 December 2013

As great as Chiapaneca food is and the whole milpa thing, there comes a time of diversification urge. Esuk Tokyo is the perfect culinary splinter on your mayan sojourn. Modest prices for very tasty asian fare, including a generous Hindu burrito, great Masala Chai and lost of stuff to try the next time we go there.

1  Thank Cineasta

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Amazing food in this tiny restaurant,run by 2 oriental ladies; we had lunch there today and it was full ( only 8 places).
The curried chicken was great and the flavor wonderful.Very well priced,so locals as well as visitors were there.
The prices were great,too!
You can watch Indian programs on the TV or watch the ladies preparing our food or both!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We ate here one night after getting burnt out from all the Mexican food in the last 3 weeks. The owner puts so much effort into making her curries. It's run by 2 ladies from Tokyo, whom are so sweet and polite. They are always busy doing something in the kitchen. You can watch them cook right in front of you. The kitchen is kept very clean. There are Indian videos playing in the restaurant. Food service was quick. I had lemonade with lavender, which was to die for. Highly recommend. Please tell me you'll try it. The chickpea curry was amazing and I loved the bread served with it. Thicker than naan, but just as tasty, if not more. It's all you can eat bread and rice. Yum yum, great place to eat!

1  Thank smurfette27
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The place is clean. The chefs are Japanese and very particular to the details of everything. The quality is incredible. They make the curries from scratch. The chef learned how to make Indian food from living with a Indian family in California for several years. She is a exceptional chef and this is reflected on the quality of food. I've eaten many curry dishes from living among the Indians. She does not take short cuts on the making of the curry!
This was a great break from tacos and tortillas. My girlfriend and I have been traveling for a month throughout Mexico and its great to have a break from the tacos etc. The price is right here. I got the one portion chicken. I could have ordered the 2 meats portion.

1  Thank Dan92677
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I really liked this place and am so happy to have finally made my way there. There is a vegan option - two, actually - the chana masala and a spinach dish can be made with garbanzo beans also. Both were of high quality and were quite tasty, and both were served with unlimited rice and bread (something nan-like), and a small pickled salad. They also make a lavender limonada which is also very good. Just as nice as the dinner were the two people who made and served the food - inviting, friendly, helpful, kind.

The restaurant is small - a just a few parties will pack the place. When we arrived we were the first people there, but by the time we left every seat was taken.

1  Thank mackmost