“Great staff, great City, great hostal -maravilloso!”

Casa Caracol Hostel
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I can really recomend casa caracol to everyone who likes to be surrounded by nice people :) the hostal is clean ans good organized and the rooms are comfortable.
During our stay we enjoyed beeing in casa caracol! See you soon!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank coricaracol

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I had a great time in this hostel.
The people are extremely nice and very good vibes.
It´s one of those places that you can´t leave easily and when you leave you know that you will come back.
It´s extremely big. It has a big garden and two beautiful dogs.

I´m very grateful for the beautiful people I met there and I really hope to be able to come back soon.
For sure when I come back to San Cristobal de las Casas I´ll go to this hostel.

If you are looking to have good experiences, share with very nice people and be in a relaxed place, this is the hostel to be :)

Thanks Juan and all the team :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sebasfloyd
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

a real house atmosphere, beautiful people, morning warm sun while lying on the hammock, a green (in)sane island in the middle of a city.
highly recommended for nomads

un ambiente de casa real, gente hermosa, el calor de la sol a la mañana cuando resto en la hamaca, una isla verde sana(/o loca) en el medio(/un poco afuera) de la ciudad
muy recomendable para los nómadas &)

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had a wonderful and lovely time at Casa Caracol. The Team there are great and made me feel welcome. They helped me with any information that i needed. The rooms were clean and the facilities in good working order. Would recommend this place to anybody staying at San Cristobal.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

It´s a perfect place for people who´re looking for the off-beaten tracks.In the middle of the barrio de los mexicanos you can indulge into the authentic side of San Cris.Not like in other hostels the rooms are held small,but there are plenty of them. Still there´s enough space and a huge beautifully designed garden to get some time on your own.
Juan-the owner-is not only interessted in selling you tours-he rather tells you how to do it yourself. If you´re lucky he even might join in. He´s also open for all kind of feed-back and help - so maybe it will be you who designs the next wall or some square meters in the garden.as I used to do during my stay.

Room Tip: for more privacy go outside into the adobe huts
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed there for several days to visit Chiapas. I had amazing time! People there are super chilled and friendly! They even made me a cake for my birthday, and it was totally unexpected!
As for the conditions, the hostel is clean and beautiful inside, and it feels like home.
I enjoyed San Cristobal and for sure I'll be back to this place!
I wish I was a better writer because I had way much more positive emotions there than I can explain!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2013

had such a great time here, spent weeks here. lovely staff, good friends.
clean hostel.
comfortable dorms and private rooms.
very economic.
big garden at the back.
totally safe and secure.

best vibes in town!

will return for sure ..
thanks for a great time leslie and juan

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo