“Great burgers, great service”
Review of Nam Nam

Nam Nam
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurante de comida fusion, con ambiente unico. Enclavado en el corazon de la ciudad mas magica de Mexico. Especializado en hamburguesas con una oferta extraordinaria de variaciones y sabores.
Reviewed 11 October 2013

After suffering from a little food poisoning after a sushi dinner here in San Cristobal, we were looking for some salty, fried stomach-settling. We found this place on tripadvisor and it's exactly as the reviews describe.

The burgers are huge and really well done. I'm vegetarian but there were 3 choices for me on the menu. I opted for the 'ricotta burger', which was super rich (I could only eat half) but nicely done with fresh salad, sauces and caramel it'd onion. My partner went with a chicken burger on the specials list, which was also reportedly fantastic. Each burger comes on a tray with extra condiments and potato wedges.

We also ordered homemade lemonades, also really well done.

Our waiter was lovely and attentive and patient with our basic Spanish. This is a great place to go when you're feeling the need for salty, saucy goodness.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This restaurant has a fun feel and interesting presentation - then it gets scary. My girlfriend ordered a ciabatta sandwich with Serrano ham. Was not serrano and had a strange goat cheesy spread but not in a good way. I ordered a 100% beef burger which came on a fun platter with fries and other "goodies". This was the piece de resistance--after one bite it was apparent that the burger product either was not beef or was such a cheap processed product that it was Unrecognizable. It had a strange slimy texture, a creepy mouth feel and a chemical taste. The fries were the type that come in a bag from the freezer section of the supermarket and were served cool. To the restaurant's credit, after the food was returned to the kitchen they did take the objectionable items off the check .

1  Thank fred t
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We didn't stay for dinner since our drinks weren't that great and we had a hard time communicating with the staff - in Spanish. My husband got a margarita with a beer sticking out of it after taking advice from the waiter. Um, we're not in Cancun and we're not 19 years old. It did a disservice to the beer and the margarita. I repeatedly told the waiter to make my margie on the rocks not blended as I hate blended margaritas - they make my throat and head freeze painfully! I got a blended margarita. We sort of sipped our drinks a bit and then headed out to go some place else for dinner.

It's probably not fair to rate this place poor as we didn't eat here but they didn't really listen to what we wanted and the drinks were terrible.

1  Thank gatopaja
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Had lunch here and got to say it was the nicest meal I've had in San Cristabol-there is English menu and the staff only speak Spanish but if you have a little bit of Spanish, you'll survive and have a great meal to boot

1  Thank Sue L
attonn, Propietario at Nam Nam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

We are pleased to know that your experince with us was so satisfying. Hope to see you soon again.

# enjoy!

Reviewed 20 May 2013

First the location as Real de Guadaloupe has too many restaurants: Between Aves. Cristobal Colon & Diego Dugelay.

Don't miss this unique and outstanding eatery when you visit San Cristobal. First you have to get past the extensive beverage menu, which includes a long list of freshly-made aguas/liquados, teas, coffees, wines, beers and other refreshments. The 5-page food menu -- cleverly presented -- includes soups, baguettes, crepes, fondue, chicken breast and pork tenderloin dishes prepared to order. The food is delicious -- full of flavors -- without being extreme in any way. Service is attentive and helpful, decoration is simple and attractive and the place is spotless.

One of the people in my party had a queasy stomach and decided to try some tea and soup only. The owner (I think he is the owner) presented her a fixer-upper shot of apple juice and aloe vera. Very thoughtful of him.

Nam Nam is an extremely refreshing change from the pizza, traditional foods, and pre-cooked/over-sauced tourist food found in some other of San Cristobal's establishments.

1  Thank ds2