All reviews great location room was nicely furnished beautiful hotel colonial style small window breakfast buffet reception staff san cristobal two double beds third floor within walking distance plenty of hot water main plaza block noise dust hacienda
Reviewed 12 March 2010

I have to say that this hotel is beautiful and the rooms are nice and cozy. But when it comes to the staff and how secure it is, it leaves a lot to be desired. Our first night there and our only night was a real disappointment. We had a really long and tiresome trip from Vancouver Canada to San Cristobal in Chiapas, Mexico. We were looking forward to getting to the hotel and just finally not having to worry about wondering where we were going to be staying for the next few days while we were vacationing there. Here is where the security part comes into play. At around 5:00 in the morning the next day I was enjoying a comfortable sleep with my boyfriend when all of the sudden I hear someone at the door swiping a key card to open the door and to my surprise, the key card actually opened the door. By this time I had already tried to find out who was at the door by saying, hello...? Who is there? You have the wrong room. I know that they never actually knocked at the door before trying to open it. I was enjoying a nice sleep but at the same time I am a very light sleeper, so I would have heard if anyone had nock on the door at all. Besides it would have been much too early for the maid service to want to start cleaning the rooms. As they heard me saying, who is there? and that they had the wrong room, they responded, oh sorry and closed the door. I right away got up to try to get a good look at the people that try to get into our room. I was only able to make out that it was a man and a woman in their 50’s or so. I right away then went to the phone and called the front desk to report what happened. The person at the front desk said that, that was very strange and that she was going to find out what happened and let me know. Well we tried to fall to sleep again after that but both of us were feeling a bit unease. Little did it helped to try to get back to sleep because we were awaken again at about 7 am and did I mention this is happening all on a Sunday? This time was by the staff of the hotel that were taking things out of the storage/cleaning supply room that was right by our room. They started making a lot of noise taking out metal buckets and sticks and throwing them out of the room while at the same time also whistling and shouting at each other from across the court yard where the rooms are. Well little is to be said that we got up and just started packing our things and went to the front desk to check out of there to look for another hotel, a little more considerate of their customers and with better security. As we were checking out I asked the lady at the front desk if they found out who were the people that tried to come into our room and that how is it that they had a key card that also worked to open our door?
She basically answered me with very little interest or concern. She said that her guess was that was someone who worked there that was trying to see which rooms were taken and which rooms weren’t. At this point I asked myself, wouldn’t they have a record of which rooms were taken on their computer or in their records? So they have the habit of going around at 5am waking people up to see if the room is taken or now? I will never go back to that hotel and I do not recommend to anyone that I know and that reads this review that if you are in San Cristobal de las Casa, Chiapas to never go and stay at The Holiday Inn there.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nan70
Reviewed 18 February 2010

I liked the room (the send one, not the first one that faced a noisy nightspot), the terrace next to the fitness center with a view on SCDLC, the location
I didn't like: that wireless internet did not reach every room, the price of breakfast

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2010

This Hotel has a beautiful historic Building, with precious gardens. The room was very comfortable, with good temperature control (this city is cold all year), beatiful and equiped bathroom and good service from the hotel people. I'll recomend this hotel if you visit this beautiful city from the Mexico's State of Chiapas.

Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2009

This is a surprisingly pleasant hotel, not much to look at from the street but lovely inside with a delightful court yard. The room we were given (228) was very small and dingy with no window. On our return from a walk around the town centre we were immediately struck by its stuffiness so much so I asked if an alternative was available. They were very helpful and moved us a lttle way along the corridor to 203 which had an opening window and was much bigger. The moral of this is to ask to see your room before accepting it. The breakfast service was good with a lot of choice. Free internet available.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2009

San Cristobal is a charming colonial Mexican city located at Chiapas. I have to say that Holiday Inn wasn’t our first option but the other hotels were full (‘cause it was New Year’s Eve) So we booked at Holiday Inn an get more that we expected.

The hotel is located on an historical building that has been a hotel for many years. It’s like a tipical Mexican house with a interior garden and a fountain, full of plants named “solarium”.

We stayed in a really tiny room with a king size bed and chimney at the room…. It has a big tv with cable, a working desk and wi-fi.
In general it’s not a fancy room but it has the basics and of course its clean!!!

The hotel is in an excellent location… 2 blocks away of the cathedral and really near to a good restaurant of typical Chiapas food!!! For all we payed like $100 dollars per night, and we spent and amazing beginning of 2009!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple