“Very Nice”

Hotel Mansion de Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I went to San Cristóbal with my girlfriend without reservation after several hotel's (most of them very expensive) fortunately we arrived to the La Mansión de los Angeles to ask and the price was good, the room very comfortable suited with all stuffs like 5 stars, the next morning we had the breakfast there and was good and no too expensive, definitely I recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The hotel is in an old colonial house with a central patio. It could be lovely but the maintenance is poor and rooms are small and dark, no windows, at least mine. The location is good, in the centre, and they have an agency which can organize tours to Sumidero canyon and Montebello. The service is non existing: my room was on the upper floor without a lift an nobody even thought of helping me with my suitcase (I'm over 60).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

Well located not far from the action of the zocalo is a 17th century colonial style hotel with lots of religious motifs and antiques. The hotel is well maintained and staff are officious but have little to no English.

If waking up to religious icons, saints and Angels wings is your thing, and you have a penchant for things that go bump in the night then this is the place for you. We spent 4 nights at the hotel and were woken each night by strange paranormal sounds. Even during the day we were haunted by phantom school children laughing and playing, and spooky piano players pumping out chopin's greatest hits.

I wouldn't let these nocturnal happenings put you off. Mansion de Los Angeles is more Casper the friendly ghost than paranormal activity 4.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Bessienrob
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We traveled to Chiapas with 3 other couples and we had originally booked at the more expensive and fancier hotel next door. After a night spent trying to sleep with music coming from beyond the hotel wall, we decided to look for another hotel. We didnt have to go far. Almost next store was the hotel Mansion de Los Angeles. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, almost the same level of comfort as the more costly hotel and very quiet and almost half the price. The location could not be beat. We were one street over from one of the main pedestrian streets, Guadalupe. The main plazas and restaurants were all within a 5 to 15 minute walk.The staff were welcoming and friendly and we would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms available and choose from the selection. The staff there had no problem with t...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank VSMuskoka
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and myself travel with three other friends to Chiapas (5 people total). We rented three rooms in Mansion de Los Angeles.
It is a nice little hotel near downtown San Cristobal, easy walk to the main streets where shops and restaurants are located.
We actually flight toTuxtla airport and took a taxi fromTuxtla to San Cristobal de Las Casas
$60 usd each way
Check in was ok but front desk people are not really friendly, they do actually not talk to us, just few words and say we will take you to the rooms... rooms in general are clean but they had a little funny small I guess because the humity in the area. It was rainy season - By they way mainly rains at late evenings and night time.
We ask for King bed and we got room with two queen beds, when we ask about it they said it is first come first served.
Everything else was ok, the only thing is that sheets were old the first night but they change it for the rest of the nights with a nice ones! Without asking about it!
We asked the front desk about agency where we could buy some tours to Palenque, El Chiflon waterfall and Montebello lakes and they did not offer to assist they just said there are some agencies like three blocks from here. No phone or at least recommend one, so frustrating!
We found one ourselves that offers private tour and they were great!
After all we wanted to extend our stay for another two nights and we ask them if they have availability and the guy from front desk said we do not know yet we need to wait for the manager tomorrow night. We left the hotel next morning, because they did not get back to us with an answer.
We move to San Joaquin Hotel which is in the main andador, very simple and cheaper hotel but people where friendly and more helpfull!
We spent all day in the tours ( 6 -9 pm daily) so the other simple hotel work out fine for us!
I rated ** Star Hotel -

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liz J
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I absolutely love San Cristobal de las Casas and have travelled six times already to this colonial jewel hidden in the highlands of Chiapas. Six times and counting!

During my first three visits in San Cristobal I stayed each time in a different hotel, which were alright but this one is my acclaimed home away from home when I visit San Cristobal!

The hotel is very central, just one block from the main square and you can get everywhere easily by walking.
The hotel itself is at home in a beautifully refurbished colonial mansion. As many colonial building alike, in the center you have an open air garden which now is the hotel restaurant and around the courtyard group the rooms.

The rooms are comfortable, charming with wooden floors and mine had a tiny open air patio.

I love the overall feeling of this charming hotel, the staff is very nice and the food is delicious. I know I will be back for sure, you should come and visit the Mansion de Los Angeles as well!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank deernchen
Reviewed 15 January 2009

Greatly located, this cozy hotel offers very good service and very beautiful rooms. Colonial Mexican Style at best!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cavernicola