We stayed 6 nights at the Le Gite del sol and had a wonderful stay. We found the hosts friendly, helpful and approachable. They speak English, Spanish and French. I strongly recommend this hotel for all travellers (not just budget travellers).
The positives include:
1. Inexpensive but (most importantly) clean. The rooms are located on 2 floors around a central courtyard. The housekeeping is in everyday to clean and they did a great job.
2. Full breaklast (cooked to order) is included in the price for the room. We usually had the eggs and ham, toast and coffee but there are other options including fruit plate with yogurt and granola. With how little I paid for the room, I couldn't believe that a full breakfast was included and it was delicious way to start the day. The homemade jam is very good as well.
3. Free wi-fi and use of a computer (if you don't have a laptop or smartphone)
4. Can book tours (and at slightly cheaper prices than at travel agencies). Pick up at the hotel. We went to San Juan Chamula and Canyon Sunidero.
5. Allow use of their kitchen and refrigerator so can prepare your own meals (or just to cut up fruit that was purchased at the market)
6. Safe and secure site.
7. Hot water 24 hours
8. Quiet in the evenings (other than the usual car/street noise).
Although the positives outnumber the negatives, it would only be proper if I presented the other side as well:
1. Towels and sheets are worn and will need to be replaced soon. The beds are soft but adequete. One of our pillows was lumpy ( I did not ask to have the pillow replaced but if I did, I'm sure they would have done so).
2. At least a 10 minute walk to the zocalo/main square. We usually walked along the pedestrian walkway (Real de Guadalupe) and it was very pleasant with all the shops and restaurants. However, some people might want to be "closer to the action".
3. No TV (I'm not sure if this is a negative or positive?)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hi! We are a friendly young Canadian-Mexican couple owners of the hotel LE GITE DEL SOL located at only 5 minutes walking from downtown. Our hotel benefit of a reading place, roof-terrace with panoramic view of the city, clean and comfortable rooms with private bathroom. Some of our facilities include are: choice of complete delicious breakfast, free Internet and guest kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Le Gite del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.