“Outstanding!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Puerto Escondido, Mexico
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 30 January 2011

The quality of the steaks at Che Tango was superb! We ordered churrasco (strip loin) and vacío (the waiter described the cut as similar to arrachera), 200 grams of each, and wow! what a meal. The meat was quite tender, but the flavour was outstanding. The steaks and a green salad made a terrific meal. The service was equally excellent. I've eaten ribeye steaks from Sonora beef that I thought were out of this world, but this Argentinean beef was even better.

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank Tony R

Monterrey, Mexico
“Che Tango who would have known! Great place for meat.”
Reviewed 7 January 2011

The port of Veracruz is famous for many things. Delicious food is one of them. But you hear about freshly cooked sea food and Mexican food. It is rare that someone even mentions meat. Well there are some excellent restaurants in Veracruz if you want to taste grilled meat. I can recommend three restaurants. In this review I will go for the best in terms of price-quality-flavor. Che Tango is the name of the restaurant.
Che Tango restaurant is located in 16 de Septiembre street #1938, at the corner of Juan Enriquez street (Google Earth 19°11'13.97"N, 96° 7'28.49"W) just a block from the Aquarium. It is not the most known place in Veracruz, actually it was the fourth or fifth restaurant recommended by locals for meat (Argentinean), and I visited them all more than once. Cab ride is just $2 USD or $25 pesos from downtown.
I visited them all, so I selected this one to be my first review because they serve delicious meat at more affordable prices. Beer is served *cold*, house wine (Concha y Toro Cabernet Sauvignon) is abundantly served by the glass. The house wine bottle costs around $190 pesos (like $15 USD). They have finer wines (like Luigi Bosca) but I cannot remember prices.
At the restaurant they're always playing tangos, from the traditional Carlos Gardel to the less liked Julio Iglesias. Good thing they do change the music upon request.
I dined there on November and December 2010, my table was waited by Ivan and Jose Luis. Both did a great job. They were quick to bring food and drinks.
There was only one time when I asked for a Rib-Eye Medium (bife de chorizo), and they served it well done, I called Jose Luis to point it out and he quickly brought a new piece just as I ordered it in the first place.
What else is great? Asado de costilla (rib), empanada de carne, ensalada (salad), cordero (lamb).
They also serve good Cuba Libres (Matusalem Rum and Coke). I cannot comment on desserts because I was too full to ask for one.
You can have an excellent diner at Che Tango for $25-30 USD per person.
I hope you enjoy this place as much as I did. And specially I hope this review is helpful for you.
The other places I went and enjoyed: El Cacharrito,and El Asador Uruguayo, both excellent too!
¡Buen provecho!
Alex

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank anmegk
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Excellent Restaurant - simply the best!”
Reviewed 11 March 2010

We were in Veracruz for two weeks and ate at this restaurant four times. They have fabulous steaks, a nice wine menu, unique and very delicious potato pillows. Our group expanded to five one night and everyone agreed that the food was terrific. If you go you'll find the staff friendly and accomodating.

3 Thank Member808