“Very good hotel in the centre of Veracruz”

Gran Hotel Diligencias
Ranked #7 of 78 Hotels in Veracruz
Baden, Switzerland
“Very good hotel in the centre of Veracruz”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel during my visit to Veracruz. The hotel is centrally located near the "Cafe de Parroquia" and the port. I will definitely recommend this hotel, clean and comfortable and good value for money

The personnel is quite friendly they have a parking in the place and the environment is child friendly

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed the hotel. It overlooked the zocalo (main park) so we could see and hear much of the activity but when we closed the well-insulated window, it was plenty quiet to sleep. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nicely appointed, quite large, and recently renovated. There were some imperfections, like a finicky key reader but they were all minor. Our overall impression of this hotel was quite good across the board. It was also nice to be able to pop in and out of the hotel throughout the day as we explored. Restaurant in hotel and many within a block of the hotel. Don't miss the marimba and mariachi bands across the street in the zocalo! Hotel also has very safe valet parking if you drive there.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a higher room for the view and to stay above some of the noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
St. Paul/ Minneapolis
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We originally stayed at a different hotel in Veracruz but decided to stay in the town an extra night and wanted someplace closer to the zocalo. The room was huge. There's even a mini fridge and the walls are pretty sound proof when the Windows are closed. The pool was wonderful and there's even a shallow depth pool that my toddler could walk around in. The restaurant downstairs was too pricey for us budget travelers. The only downfall to the room was that I was excited about the bathtub but it was too narrow for me to sit in.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fohres
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I loved the hotel. It was very nice, clean and because they mixed up my reservation they offered to upgrade me to a junior suite for a small fee. I was really happy with everything until the final bill came, when I saw that my wife and I had been charged for an extra breakfast that we did not eat. There is a buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and it's a good deal, but if you want it you should let them know the night before and then they sell you a voucher. One day, we decided to eat breakfast elsewhere and never bought the voucher. Apparently, the way it works is that if you DON'T want the breakfast, then you tell them so you're not charged. Anyway, I didn't ask for it, want it or eat it,but I paid for it just the same. I tried to complain, but I was in danger of missing my bus so I had to just pay for it. Really ruined an otherwise good experience for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
calistoga
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Location is perfect. We enjoyed a room overlooking the Zocalo, even with the sound of nightly music and dancing. That was part of the charm! Our first room didn't meet my expectations and the staff quickly moved us. Breakfast Buffet was included in the cost and was more than adequate in selection. Female staff at the front desk during the daytime could have been more patient and willing to help. I would certainly consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Any room overlooking the zocalo is good if you don't mind the evening noise. I enjoyed it!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Moon
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Well, I should say that 100% this is one of the best places to stay in Veracruz.
The room was huge! Big bed, clean and comfy, spacious bathroom. Fridge, safe box, iron, writing desk, table... All you need. Small balcony. Perfect view at Zocalo area. Wi-Fi.
I didn't try restaurant but right at the back of the hotel there's a restaurant with cuisine veracruzano "Los Farolitos" - cheap and authentic.
The pool area is really nice at the sunny day but the pool is not for swimming if only you not gonna swim after thousand birds that using that pool to refresh in a hot day.
They have spa but I cannot say anything - didn't use that.
The perfect location! Right on the Zocalo but if you wanna quiet room ask for the other side. Because there's a lot of music on the Zocalo even after midnight and... you going to Veracruz not for sleeping right? So have fun with the locals!
Just 50-70 pesos by taxi to Boca Del Rio if you wanna go to the bar or disco.
Definitely next time gonna book only this hotel in Veracruz.

Room Tip: I think quiet rooms on the other side from Zocalo
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
South Egremont, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We returned to this hotel after several years.
When we visited last time we felt like we got real value.
Beautiful place, great price, excellent service.
This time we felt the place was time worn, old stained carpet, mold on bathroom tile, poor internet service and overpriced.
Service in both hotel restaurants was terrible.

Room Tip: Face the square
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple