“Insanely over priced below average food” 1 of 5 bubbles

La Destileria
Ranked #38 of 939 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: One of the best Mexican restaurants in Cancun. There is a spectacular view of the lagoon and a unequal ambience. The contemporary Mexican cuisine includes a variety of typical dishes and creations of the chef with authentic Mexican flavors. El mejor restaurante de cocina mexicana en Cancun. Espectacular vista a la laguna y ambiente sinigual. Nuestra cocina mexicana contemporanea ofrece una variedad de platillos tipicos asi como creaciones de nuestro chef con el autentico sabor mexicano.
Imlay City, Michigan
“Insanely over priced below average food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Ive had better tacos for $2 than what I was served . I'd eat at Taco Bell before eating there again . On a positive note , we did enjoy Jaun , our waiter

Centre, Alabama
“Good food, great atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We loved The Distillery in Cancun! My husband, 2 kids and I spent a spring break week in Cancun recently and ate here. My only complaint is that there is no children's menu but we will still visit again!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Springfield IL
“Asi asi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Our first night in Cancun we had a great meal here. Ordered the tableside guacamole which was excellent, prepared to order (asked for no onions) and fresh. The chips seem home made and very good. The star however was the molcahete, rich and flavorful and abundant. We got it with ribeye and split the meal. The meat was cooked to perfection! What a melange of flavors! We were excited.
They have an extensive tequila menu of course, and celebrate the history and tradition of this native drink, with a model of an old still featured prominently inside.
We had a premium tequila that was a true sipping drink.
Tonight we went back to try other dishes but were disappointed. The queso with chorizo came out cold and hard - twice. Should have been bubbling hot, suitable for scooping. The chorizo was little cubes and only fair in taste. My wife ordered a flavorful pork appetizer; the pork was good but it came on tiny, doughy tortillas that were so chewy as to be unpalatable. My chiles rellenos ranked about a 3/10 in my estimation. One was cheese-filled and good, but the other was meat-filled with what tasted like finely-ground beef stew, with potatoes and carrots. I did not care for it at all, but the sauce was good. Rice was bland with cubed carrots and peas like you get in a frozen bag.
We were pretty disappointed after the yummy molcahete from days before.
If you go, reserve a table outside on the lagoon. Inside you will find it hot and stuffy, very noisy with bad acoustics. Then the mariachi band plays and it is painfully noisy.
The service was very good and attentive.
I had wanted to go a third time to try the mole sauce, but after tonight we will not be back.

Visited April 2014
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
“Fun, with great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I dined here the 2nd week of March. We asked to sit out on the deck, so we could see the lagoon. We got a terrific table with just that. Service was excellent from the entrance of the restaurant to the finish.
We enjoyed the drinks (with different tequila's) and I had the spinach and pear salad with goat cheese - was very good, and my husband enjoyed his tortilla soup. We then tried the tequila cheese...we loved this!!!
For mains I had chicken with mole sauce and hubby had the steak and chicken MOLCAJETES (as shown in the picture). We both enjoyed our mains. There was enough from hubby's Molcajetes - to take home for the next day's snack!
Service was wonderful and friendly, and we had a mariachi band come through while there. We skipped desert, as having the tequila and cheese earlier, filled up all the space! We would return here next visit to Cancun. We think there is enough variety on the menu for our teens if they come with us next time :)

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“At least the dessert was good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I wish we would have gone to Habichuela Sunset next door. We ordered two items from this restaurant that had the "specialty" sign next to them. My dish was the Jamaica fish fillet. It was WAY too sweet, it needed something else to tone down the sweetness. The hibiscus sauce and the sweet apples were way too much, the flavor of the fish did not come through at all. My daughter ordered the Chiquihuite on poblana sauce?!? I was totally confused by this dish, it stated it was a chicken dish but there was hardly any chicken in it at all. It didn't state that there was spinach in it but it tasted like a puff pastry with spinach and cream cheese inside. The service was poor, it was "get them in and out" type of service and little attention was paid to us by the waiter. It was the worst service I received while in Cancun. The very sweet and kind busboy did all the work and the only reason I left a good tip was because of him. We were very disappointed in our dinner. The only reason this gets a two, besides the busboy, is because the banana crepe desert was so good. The Mariachi band was always on and I was grateful that they skipped our table. It isn't that they weren't good, there was just never a break from the noise and it was loud! Don't expect a relaxing dinner or good food if you choose to go here.

• 3 of 5 bubbles