“So so.”
Review of Gustino

Gustino
Reserve with OpenTable
Gustino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,065 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: adentro del hotel JW Marriott Cancun
Description: From the heart of Italy, our Master Chefs have created a unique culinary experience. Gustino Italian Grill Features the most delicious flavors from the Italian Kitchens. Pastas, seafood and meat are the specialties of this restaurant. Combined with live saxophone music and luxury arrangements, a unique and extraordinary elegant ambiance is created. Gustino Restaurant is located in the lobby level of JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa. The cuisine is inspired by classic Italian dishes enhanced with Mediterranean ingredients. One of the best Italian Restaurants in Cancun, Gustino is recognized with the 4 Diamonds Award
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The food was mediocre at best and not worth the price, compared to the options elsewhere within the hotel zone. I remembered it to be better and was somewhat disappointed. I will not likely eat here again.

MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at Gustino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Larry V:

We regret to hear that during your last stay with us, your experiences were not pleasant and unfortunately we did not meet your expectations in our restaurants.
We would like to assure you that our Chefs are working on new menus and various options in order to make our guest's dining experience an unforgettable and exceptional part of your trip.
We welcome your valuable comments and we assure you that we will continue to work on these areas of opportunity to make your next trip with us a memorable one.

Manuel Magana / Hotel Manager

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We unfortunately stayed at the sister hotel and our experience at the steakhouse was not pleasant. Made a reservation at Gustino every night after that. What a wonderful treat. The greeters made you feel right at home. Service was impeccable. A wonderful quiet dining experience. The table in the middle of the restaurant with candles burning was a perfect touch. Two evenings we had the 8oz lobster...chock full of tender meat....made us think we were back in New England. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection and you could cut with fork..so tender. The pasta dish was outstanding too. Last two evenings a saxophone gentleman played quiet dinner music. Where does the specialty chef, Mr. Alcazar, come out and check on you? Only at JW. The Manager, Mr. Lopez, also made our evenings very special at the restaurant. Dining at Gustino's was the highlight of our Cancun vacation.

MarriottCancun, Manager at Gustino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear myakkalady:

I apprecciate you Taking the time to share your comments about your experience at Gustino. I love the atmosphere of this restaurant!! It is very paceful and romantic. I hope you had chance to try the risotto.... its one of my favorite dishes!!!! Thanks so much for your wondeful comments I will share them with Mr. "Chef" Alcazar.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again
Best Regards
Omar Lopez / Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2014

A bit overpriced, but great food and service. Stayed open late, and accommodated us chatting until 11 pm. Risotto was excellent.

MarriottCancun, Manager at Gustino, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest: I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and service experience met your expectations. The risotto is one of my favorites as well! We appreciate your time in sharing your experiences with us. We are excited to welcome you back again; we will be waiting for you!

Warmest Regards,

Manuel Magana/Hotel Manager

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Hold aside that the service and staff were truly amazing...they really were. I dine in NYC frequently so I do have a good feel for range of service. These guys were great. The food? It was truly a big surprise. The presentation was right, the tempo of the appetizer, first and second courses was perfect. A wine list that was small, but nicely varied and had something for everyone. My wife had a seafood pasta dish in a white sauce that was not heavy, yet rich. I had the rack of lamb that was simply done right with a surprisingly high quality cut of meat that just melted in my mouth. Please note the you will be paying for all this. It would put the pricing on par with a middle priced meal in NYC...but higher quality. So don't assume that since it's Mexico the price and quality will be low. The price was about right and the meal was a very nice surprise!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Loved the special bread & butter for my dinner and also the salmon with steamed vegetables. Highly recommend.

MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at Gustino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Lita A:

I'm glad you enjoy the salmon and the special bread & butter! thanks so much recommendations, hope we can welcome you again.

Best Regards