“A New "Must Visit" Restaurant for Us”
Review of Locanda Paolo

Locanda Paolo
Ranked #82 of 1,036 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Locanda Paolo, Italian Fusion Ristorante. We are a family run restaurant that just celebrated its 20th Anniversary. Proud to be a Downtown Restaurant.. we provide service to both locals and turists. The experience of visiting Locanda Paolo is never the same. Owners are on site and greet, serve, recommend and cook for you. We are a small and discreet restaurant. We like keeping it like that!! Let Paolo and Rafa help you personalize your own meal. "Food for the soul made with the Heart" a classy yet traditional Italian dinner.
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have been to Cancun approximately 14 times in the past 20 years. Each year we have a few must visit restaurants and then we also try some new places. On the recommendation of another time share owner we visited Locanda Paolo this year for the first time and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! The food was outstanding, the service impeccable, wonderful ambiance and Paolo himself was so interesting to talk to. Prices are reasonable for an upscale restaurant, not inexpensive but not over the top either. Save room for the homemade gelato which was as good as Italy. There is no question that we will visit each and every time we return to Cancun

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Went to Locanda Paolo during our stay in cancun. We wanted somewhere nice to go with friends and it was perfect. The owner and chef Paolo came over and talked to us. He helped us decide all what to eat and it was amazing!!! No one had any complaints and we were so pleased with the service. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in cancun. It is an amazing atmosphere with amazing people. Best Italian food I have had in a long time!!
Gracias Paolo!!!

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Outstanding experience!! Like being in Rome or Florence. Great food, & fantastic service. Paolo (Paul) the owner was great with the kids!!! Epicurean delight!!! #1 restaurant in Cancun. Must visit!!!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Superb service, wonderful dinner, in a very pleasant setting. Having the chef attend our table to offer the specials, of which there were many, as well as take our order was very nice as he would explain the dishes. Our group of 9 from The Royal Cancun were pleased and surprised when the owner arrived last night-greeted us, checked on our meals and bid us Adios! A perfect dining experience!

1  Thank msloaner2014
Reviewed 15 January 2014

When you go to Locanda Paolo...take a Taxi and get out of the hotel Zone for your very first dinner out....and you MUST go to Locanda Paolo, you will more than likely meet Rafael who is an excellent Chef, a gracious host, and takes making his everyone customers experience the best it can be personally.....Rafael, is a warm and welcome relief, and i can tell he is on a mission to make every dish coming out of his kitchen one you will remember and you will remember it, as he is serious about his art............but me being a bit of a joker, I had to ask Rafael this question as soon as he came to our table. "is the food any good here?", ..I asked it with all seriousness on my face, looked him straight in the eye until I could no longer hold back after seeing Rafael's reaction....i think he wanted to throw me out , LoL!!! Priceless.
Chef Rafael, thank you for not throwing me out!!!

I could not say enough about this place, it has a distinctive, rich ambience, but warm and inviting, and a romantic atmosphere- but also a great place for a meal if you have a large group.
Service and staff===Perfection, nothing short of it.
Rafael,-- will cook anything you could imagine- I could have ordered anything off the menu and been more than happy. Rafael produced a delicious scallop and mushroom appetizer for us, created a world-class stone crab angle hair pasta for me, and the veal medallions w truffle sauce for my GF were spectacular. Pricing for everything was beyond reasonable, and you would expect to pay 50% more in the Hotel Zone.

If you do not go see Rafael and Locanda Paolo, you are missing one of THE BEST RESTAURANTS YOU Will EVER have the pleasure of dining in!