“Great!!!!”

US$33.90*
Viator Exclusive: Chichen Itza at Your Own Pace Plus Access to Welcome Suite
Ranked #23 of 137 Transportation in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Gray Line Cancun is wholly owned and operated by Mayaland, Mexico’s Tourism Pioneer and a family enterprise since 1921. Born in Chichen Itza, we provide the best tours and experiences in the land of the Maya, offering a wide variety of sightseeing experiences, day tours, tailor-made vacation packages & travel related services. Gray Line Cancun is honored to have Gray Line’s Blue Diamond, guaranteeing the highest level of care, professionalism and dedication that has made the creator of sightseeing experiences the planet's largest sightseeing company, serving travelers for over 100 years.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Before exiting the airport in Cancun we were stopped by a man telling us he was calling our driver. We believed this guy and started to talk to him he ended up selling us tickets to chichen itza for $160, this man also stated that he would pick me up at the gas station in front of our hotel, and take us to eat breakfast and pick up our tickets at another hotel. As we walked off I told my girlfriend that we had just been taken and that he would take us to hotel & try to persuade us to buy a time share. Once we walked out our Grayline representative Angel was waiting on us with flower for my girlfriend. He also took our luggage. He started talking to us and during conversation I brought up what happened. He shook his head and told me that my assumption was correct. That they were going to take me to another hotel & try to sell me a timeshare. He then told me to follow him and that he would get my back if I wanted. I told him yes I did. He went told the security guard and had them contact his manager and I was given a refund. Angel was awesome! Then our driver Fidencio showed up and he to was a great person. He made conversation with me and my girlfriend. He also took time to stop and show us his favorite areas. He let us get out and take pictures of these areas without rushing us, he was very polite and told us to take our time. These two individuals started our trip out great. The representative(Roberto) for greyline at our hotel was also great. We eventually booked the Chichen Itza tour with him and the next day he waited for us in the lobby to make sure we did not miss the bus. He also introduced us to the driver Oscar. Greyline furnished all passengers with drinks(sodas and bottled water) throughout the trip and lunch after the tour. The tour guide was also great and very knowledgeable. This company's employees are real professionals and truly care about their customers!! Angel fixed a problem that could've ruined a day and perhaps an entire trip!! I highly recommend this company to anyone!!! They are truly AWESOME and GREAT!!!!!

2  Thank Eddie S
GLCustomer_service, Customer Service at Gray Line Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Eddie S,

Thank you for your great review of our services. We are glad that you enjoyed our services during your vacation.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you are back in the area.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you have any issues with this organization, make sure you get names and numbers. If you are still not satified speak with your hotel resort, they will help you get the results needed. Be persistent.

GLCustomer_service, Customer Service at Gray Line Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear E M,

We would appreciate if you can provide us more details about your review. Please either send us a direct message or write us at conciergeservice@mayaland.com.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I regret not taking a taxi to my hotel and paying $10. Upon arriving to the airport we found our Gray Line representative with bottles of water and a rose. It's a nice touch, but I would have valued more getting in the car right away and getting to the hotel quickly as opposed to waiting for at least 30 mins. for our car to arrive and then for the other couple travelling with us to arrive.

Then on the return there were more passengers aboard and one had to be picked up at the resort next door. So we pick her up only to find 2 blocks later that she forgot her phone in the hotel. Now teh driver has to turn around the long way to go back to her hotel. She runs in and stays inside for about 10-15 mins. I worried because my flight was at 2:49 and it's already 12:30 and I know there is going to be a huge line to drop our bags and check in (and there was indeed a super long line indeed when we got there). Anyway, the driver then goes in to see what is taking so long. He comes back, closes the door to our vehicle to which I assume meant we were leaving without her. He went back inside because apparently she was now checking her room. Another 10 minutes go by. She finally comes back with her phone, merely being apologetic. And we finally head to the airport. The driver apologized but I don't think it was enough. Thank god that because we were now pressed for time they allowed us to skip the long line. Otherwise we would not have made our flight.

Never again will I travel with Gray Line. Next I will stick to taxis. They are cheaper and get you there faster.

1  Thank cha-cha1319
GLCustomer_service, Customer Service at Gray Line Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear cha-cha1319,

We apologize for the inconvenience you had during your service. We provided assistance to the other customer as we would do with you if you were in the same situation. It took more time that it had to, causing the delay.

Again, accept our apologies for this situation.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was definitely a mixed-bag kind of tour. We booked the Chichen Itza Deluxe Tour. The price was good - about $70 for adults - but we came away with varied feelings. The positives: The guide was very good and knowledgeable. He provided good info on Chichen Itza and seemed to know what he was talking about. The price was good. The time away was about right. The buffet was good.
The negatives - the tour description promised unlimited water, drinks and beer to and from the ruins. After several hours in the hot sun, I was looking forward to a beer. No such luck. They had a few bottles of water they rationed to the tour group. The pickup was a bit slow and made us worried. They tried a little too hard when we arrived to sell us various things being sold at the hotel. It was already hot and getting warmer - we would have been better served from a customer perspective to visit the ruins first then get the hard sell.

GLCustomer_service, Customer Service at Gray Line Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear michigantraveler05,

We apologize for the misunderstanding. The Chichen Itza Deluxe tour only includes bottled water during the guided tour. If you can please provide further information regarding the website where you found the information you mentioned it would be great.

Please send us an e-mail to conciergeservice@mayaland.com with the information. If the information is wrong we would like to make the amendments.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I booked our trip to Cancun thru Orbitz and was luck enough to select the airport transfer option, which Gray Line managed. From the first guy we met at the airport, Gray Line was a very friendly company. He got us on the transfer van, handing us bottled water and we were hotel bound in a flash. We inquired about the tours the offered, as I had done a little research on Trip Advisor. He told us they had a rep in our hotel's hospitality area.
We visited said rep, Luisa, the next morning and could not have found a sweeter, more helpful person. She confirmed our return transfer and entertained questions about the Chichén Itza tour. We were lucky enough to be there over the equinox which afforded an awesome opportunity see the shadow of Kukulcan run down the pyramid. Awesome!
The Gray Line tour was a great value, considering the two hour bus ride, buffet lunch (very decent) and park entrance were covered. The tour guide, Juan Carlos, was a real gem as well. Request one of his tours, if possible. He was also very insightful on what items were worth purchasing from the local Mayan vendors at the site. I wouldn't want to get taken to the cleaners for souvenirs but also understand this is the sole source of income for them and don't mind paying $10 for a hand-embroidered girl's dress. I find bartering to be quite fun as the vendors are accustomed to it and take joy in the process as well.
Since we had such a
After a great experience on this tour, it was an easy decision to book the catamaran cruise to Isla Mujeres two days later. The transfers to Albatross Marina were not covered and this could be a real pain if you're not comfortable with bus travel in Cancun. If so, take taxi. Once at the launch site, be prepared for a pitch to "upgrade" to the premium boat for $25. We considered it, thinking it would be less crowded, but learned it was already booked full, so we went on the standard catamaran, which proved quite fortuitous as it was less full than the other vessels we saw, making for a comfortable journey with lots of hand-on attention from the staff (read: plenty of cocktail refills!).
The snorkeling part of the tour was underwhelming as the old reefs around Cancun were decimated by recent hurricanes, leaving sparse sea creature viewing. Nevertheless, being in that Caribbean blue water doesn't get old.
It was a treat to have some exploring time on the island. One quick tip: if you want to pack get around quickly once there, rent a golf cart by the hour, but wait til you get on land. The cost is about half what the guys on board were charging. I recall that it was around $150 pesos for an hour. Cheap and convenient!
The buffet lunch on the island wasn't gourmet but you're not eating at the Ritz. It was decent with a couple of cold Sol beers to wash it down.
On the cruise home they offered a chance to ride in the Spinnaker sail on a swing. Que Gusto!
In summation, I would book another tour with Gray Line, based on the great staff they employed and the value we enjoyed. Oh, and give Luisa at the ME Cancun hospitality desk a promotion! She's the best!

1  Thank Chris B
GLCustomer_service, Customer Service at Gray Line Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Chris B,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad to know you enjoyed both tours with us.

We will share your review with Luisa!