This is a beautiful resort, with the best location, terrific features, incredible views, balconies that face the Sea, and with very nice employees. However, from our first visit in 2008, to our second in 2010, to this visit in 2012, the resort has slipped slightly in quality. It took repeated calls or visits to the front desk to get maintenance or housekeeping items addressed - some took 8 hours of repairs, some took 4 visits, and 1 was never fixed despite conversations with two Managers of the property. In addition, the furniture and rugs are beginning to show wear and stains that are not in keeping with a Westin branded property. Nonetheless, the positives still outweigh the negatives and I hope with the newest phase the property nearing completion that some attention will be paid to the sections that opened in 2008 so they can be brought back up to 5-star quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa is located on the white sandy beaches of Cancun, Mexico. Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodates up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin