Let's start with the one major con so that it doesn't get lost in this review. The wifi, which was provided free of charge, was unbearably slow and unreliable. The connection was worse in certain rooms and during prime usage times. Certain apps would not work and connection constantly dropped. LAN cable on room didn't work when I tried to connect my laptop. Management claimed to be aware of the problem and working on a solution. I didn't see a change in the three days I was there. Maybe it was better that I disconnected an enjoyed why Cancun has to offer. So now for my review...
There hotel is located about 25 minutes from the Cancun airport and across the street from a nice mall with food and grocery options. At the hotel, there is a bright, open lobby with views of the pools and ocean which provides a wonderful welcome. There are many concierge staff able and willing to help. I especially liked the airport transfer feature ($79usd round trip). There are three restaurants with great food. The breakfast buffet is enormous, but pricey at $30usd. If you plan to eat a lot it is well worth the cost, which includes bottomless mimosas. Wide array of fruits, pastries, breads, eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, omelette station and the list goes on!!! A little disappointing that espresso or bottled water is not included. The food I ate for lunch and dinner was also good and not too pricey, but the menu is limited. There are many pools and hot tubs and beautiful fountains. There is a magnificent infinity pool overlooking the ocean, with a swim-up bar. There are lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas around the pools and many waiters taking orders. There is a kiddie pool and a slide too. Very family oriented with lots of activities. The concierge try to organize volleyball and football (soccer) games on the beach too. The beach is pristine and well guarded by lifeguards so you feel safe. Free lounge chairs which is great! The hotel offers a spa, fitness center and business center.
My room was comfortable with a balcony and great view of the ocean. I stayed in Tower 10. It was a one-bedroom with a full kitchen, dining room and living room. There was also a washer and dryer in the room! My only issue with the room was that some outlets did not work, the electricity surge seemed low as devices took forever to charge and there were many many many switches for the lights that were sometimes confusing to identify.
All in all, it was a great stay and I recommend the hotel if you can deal with the small issues I mentioned above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa is located on the white sandy beaches of Cancun, Mexico. Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodates up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin