Each year, my family and I try to utilize our timeshare. This year we decided on the Westin Lagunamar.
The facility is beautiful and immaculate. There are workers wiping, sweeping and cleaning all the time. The pools were never that crowded and the beach was glorious. I have never seen such clear blue water and the white sandy beach was never hot on your feet. Just amazing.
Our best meals were from the Duna Sports Bar. The waiters from the bar also cover the beach but they do a good job getting to you while your beer is still cold and your food is warm. Gulliermo was great.
The Heavenly Spa was just that. Very, very relaxing.
Mid-week tidy up - Always great to get fresh towels.
Laundry - full sized laundry detergent meant that we would come home with a suitcase of clean clothes.
Wi-Fi - It was great and we could have multiple devices on at the same time.
Our "concierge" Maggie was nothing but a salesperson in concierge clothing. Once it was clear we didn't want to devote 90 minutes of our 4 day vacation to hearing "what was new," I felt like we didn't get a good concierge treatment. Why can't one owner come to a presentation without their spouse. Clearly it is because it is not about information but about selling another timeshare.
When we asked her about a jungle cruise that we had hear of from our airport transfer driver, she said she had "never of heard of that" but yet sent us to a restaurant (fair food in the mall across the street) which was situated directly across from the jungle cruise. (Note: there are crocodiles in the bay and there was boats that take you around there.). She gives the word concierge a bad name.
Oceano Restaurant - On our first night there, we decided to eat in. Thank goodness as owners we get 20% off the restaurants or the meal would have been painful. My son had fajitas that had some tendon or something in it that was not recognizable as meat. I had marinated short ribs which I realized were not the short ribs that I was accustomed to in the states. They were actually short ribs that were tough and with very little flavor. I know they have theme nights so maybe those are better.
Electronics/Entertainment - I loved that there were DVDs to rent but most of the titles were Blu-Ray and only some of the units have BluRay. Once we rented our standard DVD, the player would not work. A nice gentleman came quickly, only to find that not only was the DVD player not plugged in to the electricity but it was not connected to the TV. I guess no one had tried to watch a DVD.
The Bose unit is good if you bring audio wires. Ours had a malfunctioning AUX jack so we weren't about to use it. There are no real radio stations (English or Spanish) that come in clearly. I called the front desk four (4) times and no one came to replace or fix the unit during our stay.
All in all, the property is amazing. Enjoy the beach and make plans to eat out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa is located on the white sandy beaches of Cancun, Mexico. Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodates up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin