“Great”
other travellers have booked this property
Start each morning with a beautiful sunrise
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Start each morning with a beautiful sunrise
View from the living room window
With Flat Screen TV
A digital safe in each apartment
Spend the rest of the day relaxing on the beach...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 26 reviews

Reviews from our community

Andy_NRPS...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Do not rent from this owner.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Would not recommend to my worst enemy. We had problems from the start with:
a) Cleanliness. Bed linen & pillowcases were not clean (smelling).
b) Poor quality kitchenware.
c) Cockroaches the size of mice.
d) Broken oven control which resulted in a gas leak.
e) Leaking faucet in bathroom sink.
f) Excessive electricity charge of $133.00 for 4 weeks which was deducted from our security deposit and resulted in a row with the owner. We were informed by the owner on day 1 that the electricity charge should not be any more than $50 to $75.00. The average cost for the month according to other owners is $32.00.

After complaining to the owner's maid at the end of our first week, the bed linen was replaced, new kitchenware provided, faucet & oven control replaced. The answer provided by the owner for the cockroach problem was "leave a light on".

I wonder where all the great reviews come from?

On the upside, the Bellamar Apartments are a great location with a wonderful clean beach. The security staff & maintenance men were very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Despite the problems with the condo, we had a great time in Cancun.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The adjacent beach & downtown Cancun.
Liked least: The apartment. It was disappointing that it was not as it seemed on the website.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
14 Jul 2014
It is incredible to me that these two people had the audacity to write anything at all about my apartment. After 15 years of renting my apartments, these were the first people I wanted to escort off the premesis before they even checked in. The wife had an attitude before I even said hello. She wasn't happy with the first apartment because one of the sheets had a rust spot (oxidation from the water)on the end of the sheet. All of my apartments are cleaned beforehand and the sheets and towels as well. The apartments are closed up when no one is in them so they do develop a bit of a "humid" smell until the apartment is opened and aired out. We moved them to another apartment and the fun began...they didn't like anything anyway. When she found out she wasn't intimidating me and could leave if she wanted to, she backed down. I had to go back to NY for health and legal reasons and they ran my assistant ragged while I was gone. She changed the faucet in the bathroom within a day, got them another ironing board because they didn't like the one I had in the apartment, they broke the knob on the oven and didn't turn it off all the way which resulted in gas escaping. They threatened to call the Police and Fire departments when they were told it was a normal maintenance problem and our maintenance guys could take care of it. They wanted a refund and I told them, it would be the same since they were there for 14 days by this time and daily rent was different than monthly rent. They decided to stay the extra 2 weeks, which, if I was so unhappy, I would have left. I told them to take the garbage out daily to prevent cockroaches. There are cockroaches in ALL of Mexico and once they are in the building they run from apartment to apartment. They are not my favorite either but they are a fact of life in Mexico. I was truthful and told them about it when they came in to prevent any visitors. The electric was so high because they smoked like chiminies and left the window and front door open while they were running the air conditioning. He asked me if this was okay and I said it was silly because it is just running up the electric bill for nothing but it's their rental so they could do what they wanted to. They also burned a big hole in my living room curtain. The woman was annoyed to find out electric was extra which I noted when they booked the apartment. She told me she didn't have to pay extra for electric in Miami and I told her, but we are in Mexico, not in Miami and the electric is extra. As you can see from previous posts, electric runs about $40 a week, so $133 was a very reasonable price for one month...electric is measured by a meter read by the security team and has nothing to do with me. I don't make the prices for electric, it's whatever kilowatts were used. We bent over backwards trying to be courteous and give the same great service we have given to all our renters but these people could not be pleased. They were the tourists from HELL! My great ratings came from normal people with normal expectations. These people paid $60 a day for a 2 bedroom apartment in the Hotel Zone on the beach and were expecting the Ritz Carlton. These people were too much drama for me....they left as they came....full of righteous indignation, nasty and with their noses out of joint. We tried to meet their needs but you can't make everyone happy and I can't see anything that would have helped to make this a better situation. They were impossible to please!
Andrey G
“Great”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

High rated reviews below are exactly what we've seen. Great view, great place, great service.

Especially I would like to admit the level of communication and service we got from Nancy. To be honest we were thinking about another condoы however the first few messages from the owners were very disappointing and even rude. It's definitely not about Nancy! She is very polite, helpful and responsive, great example of business communications.

When we were there Nancy was in a trip, however Laura was great and helpful. She answered all our questions, shared her phone number and in general was very friendly.

Thanks Nancy and Laura!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view was gorgeous
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
7 Apr 2014
So glad to hear you had a great time. Unfortunately, family circumstances prevented me from being there, but I am so glad Laura was there to answer questions for you. Hope you return to CNcun so we have a chance to meet! Nancy
YB_Manage...
Fairfax, VA
“Quiet location right on the beach.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

My husband and I and our 2 college-age kids stayed here for 7 nights and we would go back again. The apartment is quite small and on the 4th floor with no elevator, but the view overlooking the pool and beach was awesome and the location was very quiet and peaceful. There were a couple TV channels in English and the Wi-Fi worked fine for skyping and staying in touch with work and for my kids to do their homework. The hot water made a scary screeching noise when we turned on the shower (every time) but alas there was plenty of hot water.
The kitchen is fully equipped although we only used the refrigerator and microwave for breakfast and snacking. There is a water dispenser tank for drinking water that you need to swap out at the little store downstairs but it cost less than $4 and one tank lasted for the week. The electric bill was less than $40 for the week. There is a small safe where we kept our valuables and it was big enough to stash 2 laptops and a lot more. And there were 8 luxury beach towels in addition to the regular bath and hand towels for the shower.
A couple negative points: There were no extra pillows. And there were ants in the kitchen but we bought a can of RAID at Wal-mart and that helped. We also were sure to keep all food items in the refrigerator or in sealed bags. We also finished the 2 rolls of toilet paper that were provided and needed to buy another roll. There wasn't any soap in the bathroom but there was dish soap in the kitchen. It's not a big deal but I wished I had noticed that before we did our initial shopping spree at Walmart.
Bellamar is a gated community and the security guards at the front gate were extremely helpful with advice on taking the bus and where to go for shopping and to eat. There is also a very friendly group of long-term tenants/owners to live there who invited us to a BBQ and gave us lots of tourism-type advice. The private beach is beautifully maintained and there are plenty of beach chairs and tables. My husband and I enjoyed the peacefulness but our kids were envious of the other beach front areas and would have preferred to be among the crowds of college kids that were at the all-inclusive beaches to either side of us.
Take the bus. The cost is 9.5 pesos or less than $1. It is extremely easy to figure out and we found the bus drivers (and other passengers) to be helpful. The first day we paid 150 pesos to take a cab from the condo to the main Hotel Zone nightlife. After that we took a bus for a fraction of the cost. Our cab back to the airport was 300 pesos for 4 people with 4+ suitcases. There is a cab stand on the main street in front of the condo. The Barcelo Costa hotel is just in front of the Bellamar Condos so we used that as a landmark to identify when to get off the bus or to tell the cab driver.
There are not many places to eat that are within walking distance. Across the main road and slightly to the right is a 7-11 type convenience store (called OXXO) where you can find any supplies you forgot to get on your initial run to Walmart. THere are also small Mexican fast-food places there that we tried for lunch. Nothing special. If you walk down the beach to the right, there is a fun bar that has cheap margarittas and a small menu. It's called Prirate's bar or something like that and is right in front of where the Pirate cruises depart. If you walk down the beach quite far to the left, you will find Coco's restaurant which was really good. Otherwise, your best bet for dinner is to go to the heart of the Hotel Zone - get off at Coco Bongo's or Hard Rock or Senor Frogs. You can't miss it. Go the Mex-treme one night because they are really entertaining. Further down we liked Margarittaville and Bubba Gumps.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: it was right on the beach
Liked least: it was on the 4th floor and no elevator
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
14 Jul 2014
Thank you and hope you return to Cancun again to visit our beautiful city!
NS CANADA
Reviewed 26 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers
26 Feb 2014
Thanks, Deb! Looking forward to seeing you and Michael next year! Have a great year...Nancy
Grapevine
Reviewed 17 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
17 Jan 2014
I'm so glad you had a great time, Chris. I look forward to your return!
OK
Reviewed 24 March 2013 for a stay in January 2012

A romantic getaway
SunLovers...
Vernon, Canada
“Your own slice of Caribbean paradise just steps from your condo”
Reviewed 28 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

Upon arrival our jaws dropped as we took in the beauty of the Bellamar beach through the large open windows. Never in our vacations travels did we experience such an amazing situation as having the beach and pool only a sea shell toss away. Owner Nancy not only patiently addressed our every query she even pre stocked our fridge to get us started. The condo supplied all of our living needs and more. All local amenties were easily accessible as the efficient bus system of Cancun was simple to navigate. In the 5 weeks we stayed we rode the bus 34 times and never had an issue. The drivers and the residents were friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful time and very much appreciated the care Nancy took to make our stay special.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: proximity to beach
Liked least: noise from Pirate Ships
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing