“Impressive Service Says It All”

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #13 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We recently went to Fiesta over the Thanksgiving break for a second honeymoon and we were truly impressed by the quality and sheer quantity of the food and especially by the service. Anything we asked for - not a problem, and served with a smile. We can honestly say that we've never had such wonderful service at a resort before, and this is the third all-inclusive resort we've visited in Mexico in the past few years. We especially enjoyed our experience at one of their many restaurants, El Mexicano, where we dined on three separate occasions and each time had Aole Reyes taking care of us. He offered excellent and prompt service, and would suggest drinks and dishes that we'd never heard of before but always enjoyed. The resort itself is very well maintained and clean, and they even go along the beach every morning to remove any seaweed that might have made its way onto the beach overnight. The pools are great, with more of a family pool on the bottom tier and more of a couple's (infinity) pool on the top tier, which meant that we could get some quiet time. We're looking forward to our next trip to Fiesta.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sean P
Write a ReviewReviews (8,642)

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The hotel is located in a good locaiton. Pool, beach and restaurants were all good except for nightly entertainment that they just put up and projection TV and played music videos in the lobby. The HOtel rooms are clean but very very outdated. Bathroom is very small and old. The people are very friendly and helpful though. I would not go back.

6  Thank Ctan415
JohnKirwan, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations during the time you spent with us. I do apologize, if we failed to provide you a complete detailed information regarding the different activities at our resort upon your arrival in order to avoid this inconvenience.

I would like to remind to all of our guests that we have different activities almost all day long and for all ages, starting from 9:30 am till 5:00 pm the entertainment staff provides fun and sports activities like yoga, dance lessons, water aerobics, pool, beach volleyball and also the non-motorized watersports are included at Aquaworld. On the evening, the entertainment starts at 9:00 pm with the show at our Lobby Bar, every night we have a different show performed by professional dancers, Circus Show, Michael Jackson Show, Caribbean Show, etc., and on selected nights we offer a Mexican/Caribean dinner-show at the pool area. After the show, we have live music at the lobby bar, starting at 10:00 pm, with a different live band, every night. If you have kids, the Fiesta Kids is open from 9:30 am till 7:00 pm, with videogames and a lot of activities indoor and outdoor for kids from 4 to 11 years old.

I remain at your service if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from a short week long stay at the Fiesta Americana Condesa. I have never written a review of a resort before but because we enjoyed ourselves so much I feel compelled to say a few words.

Firstly, I would like to stress that I always find it so difficult to choose a place to stay whilst on holiday and this was no different in Cancun. There are so many wonderful hotels and resorts to choose from. I thought long and hard about whether or not I should choose one of the big chains and almost opted for the Riu or the Hard Rock but I decided to give the Condesa a chance when I read all the wonderful reviews here on Trip Advisor.

We were a little disappointed when we first arrived at the resort as there was some building work going on outside and in and around the lobby. We went to our room and we could hear banging and drilling which we didn't expect so we asked to change rooms. We were moved without question to a beautiful room on the 3rd floor directly overlooking the beach and the sea and actually the building works were finished the next day!

The rooms are spacious, modern and are kept extremely clean. We had two double beds which the cleaning staff pushed together for us and did something to the mattress so we couldn't feel the seems. They also visited the rooms every-evening to check if there was anything else we needed and we were even served cakes one afternoon without asking which was a nice touch.

The best thing I have to say about the resort though is the quality of the food. There are 3 a la carte restaurants - Asian, Mexican and Chinese. There is also one buffet restaurant, a seafood snack bar, an la carte lunch restaurant and daily BBQs by the pool. My favourite restaurant was by far and away the Asian restaurant and if you love Sushi you will not be disappointed. They serve some of the best sushi I have ever had and we went there 3 times during our stay. It is so nice to eat a la Carte whilst on holiday as one normally expects buffet when at an all inclusive. The burgers by the pool were delicious as were the ribs - yum yum! Definitely worth a visit if you are a foodie.

The staff at the fiesta were so friendly which really makes a difference. In particular, we have to say a big thank you to JJ and his team who served us our breakfast every-morning. He was so welcoming and friendly. They do really make you feel special.

The resort was pretty quiet at this time of year which was perfect for relaxing but the pool staff still made sure that every-one had a good time and that there was a good vibe each day with music and games.

The resort is located about 15mins drive from the main bars and restaurants of the Hotel Zone. There Is a bus stop directly opposite the hotel which runs every couple of minutes and cost $1 each way. Taxis are about $20 to the main strip.

We had a thoroughly lovely time and we can't wait to come back (sad to be home now). Thank you Fiesta Americana Condesa for a great holiday.

8  Thank Angela P

Thank you for speaking so highly of our service and the quality of experience we offer to our guests, we are completely honored to receive such a positive feedback and read that your first visit to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations. It was a pleasure to make your stay so memorable, as we always try to impress our guests with the service, food choices, the drinks and serenity of the environment.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Two families: kids, teens, parents and grandparents. Plenty of room to get away from each other. Plenty of activities, lots of choices for relaxation. A finished entry Palapa makes a BIG difference! Nightly events & day staff by pool plenty exciting if you need it. Food very good, lines never too long. Service impeccable. We kept returning to the Mexican restaurant for the staff and the entree selection. Kudos to Mex Rest hostess and to Edwar behind the bar....margarita master! Noisy & wet halls midday, tile floors not forgiving to maid carts, kids unable to find their towels, all standard for resorts. Thin walls, better hope you don't have a sick baby or enthusiastic honeymooners next door. Main restaurant always busy, always loud, but always a fresh selection. Pool side snack bar seemed understaffed or poorly run. Competing orders for hot plates of food and ice cream / snacks made for long waits. Keep the magician show! Concierge staff helpful with local & Xcaret recommendations. Coffee bar service was family's centerpoint. Antonio had my parent's drinks ready upon seeing them round the corner into the patio. They loved the attention. Two weddings held during our stay, both looked very nice. Plenty of shady spots too. We walked through several resorts nearby, and what we liked best about Condesa was its wide support of varied interests by age group. Not too disco-club feel, not too retirement-farm quiet, not too crowded with the Nickelodeon set. Middle of the road, & just right.

6  Thank John M

Thank you very much for your review and for mentioning so many positive elements you have experienced in Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments like yours, that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

Thank you again for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

November 25th to December 2nd.

My family travels to Mexico every other year for a Thanksgiving vacation. This year we chose Cancun as the destination. It was a very good choice.We chose the Condesa after finding a good deal on Expedia and reading reviews on tripadvisor.We did not email the hotel to ask for anything and we booked the least expensive room category. I always do that.I was very happy with the rooms we were given. We had a pool view on the first floor(220,221). We flew United from Boston with one stop in Washington. There was a tire problem on the plane so we waited an hr before take off. We landed an hr later than planned but whatever we made it.We booked USA transfers for the trip from airport to the hotel. They were waiting and ready to take us to our final destination.I would recommend them in a heartbeat. The trip to the hotel was quick.The lobby was under construction on arrival but it was finished two days later. WOW! that is an impressive structure. It changed the whole look of the lobby. I tried to take pictures of it but it is so expansive a camera can not do it justice. It is one large Palapa! Check in was quick, as was check out at end of the week. Our room was plain simple and perfect. We are there for the beach,pool and family.

The beach is amazing! Looking at pictures on TA and you see no one in them its true. I thought they were taken late or early but no the beach is totally underutilized. I Have been to many beaches and this is a great one, and yet there is no one on it! It did match the pictures of no one on it. The towel game is non existent here, possible paradise? We dragged chairs to the edge of the water line and watched the water. It was a walk to the beach bar from our chairs, but we made it that way. Beach servers came, and back again and again! It truly was Beachtanners paradise! I left paradise for the pool because the kids wanted to try the pool, really the pool, ok i'll give it a shot but the beach is paradise. I hate to be wrong and not sure if i am but the pool area was so much fun i didn't go back to paradise for extended periods. When I look in the mirror I have white lines caused by smiling that i would not have gotten had I stayed on the beach. I blame these lines on the entertainment staff, family and fellow guests at the pool.

I nod my hat to the entertainment staff at the time Dani,Alberto, Daniel, and Maribel. They are great!!! We can have fun but they made it so much better!! They are fun! We danced , played ping pong, played cornhole, trivia,bingo, volley ball, and had a good time. My only suggestion here is i would have liked more beach activities, yes draw me back to my love.

Things I Liked about the resort

Location, amazing beach
service was best i have ever had, Jonathan at the pool bar and lobby, Angel drink server
no towel game at pool or beach
no towel cards
no reservations needed at restaurants
great staff
never seeing maid but room always done like magic! That is special
never a wait for anything
no language barrier with staff, maybe I can now speak Spanish! Bs!!
Good food and drink
All the dinner plating was artistic

things I didn't like

it rained once during the day

conclusion
Had a great time, didn't know what to expect except from what was read on Tripadvisor and was not disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank BeachTanner

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community, it’s a true pleasure to know that your staying with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. I am very pleased to read your detailed review of our team, services and facilities and I know my staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. I have already passed my congratulations to them for the exceptional service provided to you.

Thank you again for your valuable review and recommendations, it will be an honor to have you and your family as our guests again, please feel free to contact us any time for pre-arrival arrangements.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Just got back and LOVED it! We have been to Mexico over 15 times and stayed at many high end all inclusive resorts. The Fiesta Americana Condesa is without a doubt the best in Cancun. The resort is the perfect size. The pools and beach are a short walk. The customer service is absolutely fantastic. The guest services manager "Freddy" and concierge "Victoria" were extremely helpful and professional. The food and service at the restaurants are also great. We really like the fact that reservations at the restaurants are not required. We got it and were seated right away. Many resorts have limited spaces that fill up fast and you have to eat on their schedule. Not this resort! Eat at anytime that works for you! The resort is extremely clean. Gardeners and cleaning staff are very discrete and do a fabulous job keeping the resort looking perfect. The beach is absolutely gorgeous. Perfect white sand and no rocks. The airport is only 15-20 mins away and the resort is directly across from Aqua World. We are heading back again in February 2014 for the 4th time and can't wait!

Room Tip: Ocean views are gorgeous!! Well worth the upgrade!
3  Thank frosty0607

Thank you so much for your preference to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun, it is always a pleasure to welcome back our dear guests and have an opportunity to make every next stay even more enjoyable than the previous one. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you back and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from our 5 night stay at Fiesta Americana Condesa. We had a fantastic experience while there. At check-in, we were immediately handed a glass of champagne while checking in, and were asked for a drink order as soon as we finished those. I asked for a room on the highest available floor, to hopefully get some view of the Carribean Sea, and we were accommodated by Lucia. We had to wait an hour or so for the room to finish being cleaned but that was no problem as we explored the resort and got lunch at Kambu while we waited. The room was worth the wait. We could see the sea from our balcony and slept with the balcony door partly open to hear the waves every night. Awesome! On our last night the air vent in our room's closet suddenly fell open and slammed on the shelf in the middle of the night which spooked us a bit haha. We called the front desk and they sent someone up right away to put it back in place.

Victor was our waiter at Kambu and couldn't have given us a better start to our trip. He was so friendly and full of energy and brought us special drinks after lunch as it was "happy hour" :) This was how the entire stay went; the staff always asked if they could get you another drink and at times even brought us drinks without even asking! At dinner that night at El Mexicano, we ordered tequila shots to start and the waiter brought us more shots post-dinner. Love this kind of service! I had the duck at El Mexicano which was not my favorite, but my boyfriend had the beef filet which was very tasty. The staff is so polite and all seemed genuinely happy about serving us. The Asian dinner at Kambu was okay. There was a slight miscommunication when we asked our server if wine by the glass was included or if we had to pay for a bottle if we wanted wine. Our waiter's response made it seem that we could only pay extra if we wanted wine, so we ordered other drinks instead. Based on this information, we paid for a wine bottle at Rosato and later noticed other tables ordering by the glass. It was okay though since the wine we ordered was delicious and only $25USD. We really enjoyed the dinner at Rosato. The food/atmosphere/service were all great! Breakfasts everyday were wonderful too. JJ and Victor were our servers most often. All of the food at the buffet was great. The staff always had our mimosa glasses full.

The entertainment staff by the pool was excellent. They were so much fun and got everyone in the pool area involved. Nora was our server most of the time at the pool and she was very attentive and friendly. Always had a fresh drink in our hand. Nightly entertainment was great too. We really enjoyed the Mexican dancers, magic show, and Carribean night by the pool. We were amazed at how much effort the resort took to put on these events when the hotel seemed to have very high vacancy due to the time we traveled.

The weather was amazing and the view of the Sea was unbelievable. The water was such a gorgeous blue.

I definitely plan to recommend this resort to any family/friends thinking of taking a trip to Cancun. We already miss it!

7  Thank Julie M

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for you. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience.

We are happy to know that the efforts of our staff to provide an exceptional service have been appreciated, thank you for highlighting the great service that you received during your stay.