“Top notch Hotel and Service!! ;)”

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #15 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Top notch Hotel and Service!! ;)”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

From the moment i stepped out of my taxi and took the escalator to the lobby i felt like i was in a tropical island. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. Check in was very easy no lines no hassle.
I came here with my mom and we had a delightful time. The service was impeccable the rooms were very clean and the my overall experience was great.

Pros:
The staff at Kaumbu restaurant - every morning we ate here and being that my mom has a bad leg Lucia (hostess) would always give us VIP treatment a sit up at the top close to the buffet. She was so sweet and fabulous. Along with her other colleagues JJ, Eligio and many more

Food: No complaints i really enjoyed the buffet that was my absolute favorite. On my last night the hotel decided to serve dinner on the lawn near the pool. The view was amazing all that was missing was music

Pool: I read that you must get out to the pool early to get a chair. Well i have to say never had a one problem getting a chair regardless of time of day. The pool was always cleans waiters constantly bringing my delightful beverages.

Beach: The waves were pretty strong during my stay but the beach was very very clean with volleyball courts and soccer

Shows: Must see the fire show and the Michael Jackson show !!!!

Cons:
After one day in the hotel we learned they were no longer doing currency exchange which was a really inconvenience. We dealt with it but it became a hassle towards the end of the stay.

Vacation Club Pitch: Love the hotel but the moment i get in i don't want to be sold a vacation club. I went to concierge to book a excursion and the guy was trying to sale me a vacation club package. NO THANKS

Over all if you are going with family, couple, or just solo this hotel is the place to stay.

Hope you enjoy :)

Room Tip: We had a room facing the garden which also had a view of the ocean and the lagoon.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Liz H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,793)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews for months before my trip I feel I owe it to you guys to give my best review. I stayed at the resort for 5 days there are so many positives about this place. I must say the service is far superior than you could even imagine. Yes, you should tip I brought about $100 in 1's and was plenty to be treated like a king. Everything you have heard about the fish and shrimp tacos is true, they are absolutely amazing! Also I feel the Asian restaurant gets overlooked. The best sushi I have ever had was here, kakiagi roll! Give it a try you will not be disappointed. The public bus stop is right in front of the resort so it's very easy to get to the market and the shops. The beds are firm so if you don't like it you can request an extra comforter. The room I stayed in was not dated at all room #746 sea tower. The bathroom was kind of small but served it's purpose, and have extra space in your room. Construction was being done around the resort but never seem to bother us at all. If security is an issue for you, no worries they have a gates drive up with 24 hour security. I must say I will return to this resort we had a great time and the service was far above average. Rayli was our pool server and he has definitely become a friend for life!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Shawn M
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun exceeded your expectations; our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your staying with us.

We really appreciate your review and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Ill be very thorough here: I wouldve ranked it 3.5 stars, not 4, but 3.5 wasnt an option.
BEACH: absolutely awesome sand and water. No watershoes needed at all. The ocean was VERY wavy when we were there..red flags all days and very rough, but we still loved it. You couldnt just lounge in the ocean though. Water was blue, clear, and beautiful.
SHADE is LACKING! There are minimal palapas at beach or pool. There were an overabundance of chairs at both locations, but not shade. It was the worst we have seen as far as finding shade was concerned. This was a huge negative for us as essentially you were in the sun non-stop all day.
TOWELS: very well stocked and replenished. It was never a problem getting a fresh beach towel and there are no towel cards...This resort was great as far as towel service!
HOUSEKEEPING and Cleanliness: EXCELLENT. I don't think ive ever written about housekeeping, but this place had the best housekeeping services ever. They cleaned your rooms earlier in day and then stopped by your room late afternoon to offer H20/clean towels if you needed them. Our fridge was replenished and overall this was the best housekeeping service we have received, even at adults only resorts
WI-FI: Excellent. We had reception for wi-fi everywhere, even by the pools. Loved this.
CONVENIENCE TO BUS STOP: great. walk outside of resort and to left and bus stop is there. very easy for trips to cancun if you wish
CHECK-IN: went pretty horrible. they had us set up with 2 double beds. we had requested a king and, of course, they told us those were merely requests that they couldnt gurantee. We booked this trip 1 year ago, and after a little complaining, they did give us a king bed and a supposed ocean view room (though wasnt really an ocean view). Immediately after getting our room keys, the concierge takes you to a little desk. Told us they were running a special on the spa. for only $50 for a couple (instead of $102 per person), you each get a 50 min massage and another service HOWEVER you had to sit through a timeshare talk for 1 1/2 hours if you wanted to get that deal. Essentially, they are promoting that and didn't even tell us about the resort itself.
SHOWS: Who knows what the heck the entertainment was for the evening. 1) there was no big sign anywhere telling you what the show was 2) you never knew where the show was going to be held. they don't technically have an auditorium or anything, so its ridiculous to actually see a show.
RESTAURANTS:
kambu/Asian: very good. service good. food pretty yummy. we primarily ate the different sushis. we have had much better sushi at other resorts, but overall we thought it was a good meal and would recommend it. we arent picky eaters in that way.

ITALIAN: The Italian restaurant refused to serve my husband who was wearing closed toe dress sandals and slacks. they said his shoes had to be completely closed. he changed into his horrendous water shoes and they let him in. i attached pics of both sets of shoes. we found this utterly ridiculous. He has worn his dress sandals to multiple resorts that were higher end than this one and has had no problems. we did try to talk to the concierge about it and they were not helpful at all. Once we finally got into the Italian rest, the food was pretty tasty and we were happy with the meal and service in general
Mexican restaurant: we went in and sat down, but the menu didnt appeal to us at all and so we left
Mexican buffet! on Tuesday night they had a Mexican theme in the main buffet. It was spectacular. We loved it overall.
Ceviche restaurant for lunch: we went and had the fish tacos that everyone raves about. they were pretty good.
Kambu for lunch: they have a salad bar and then menus to order your lunch entree from. was pretty good as well

BUFFET: So, we only went for buffet everyday at breakfast, one lunch when we arrived, and one dinner for Mexican buffet. It is laid our VERY funky and weird. the restaurant is 3 tiered with buffet items on the highest and lowest levels. they dont have the same items on each level, so you have to bounce back and forth to see all of the options. this was overly annoying and seemed like very poor planning

Spa: we did not like this spa set-up at all. It costs $24 per person/per day to use any spa facilities, UNLESS you book a service and then you can use the spa for that day. We have been to multiple places where the use of spa pool/tubs/steam room/etc. was free. the idea of having to pay is ridiculous to us.

overall, we would likely not return to this resort, but try another place. for being ranked 10th in cancun, we were a tad disappointed overall.

Room Tip: Pick 3rd floor or higher to guarantee your view of ocean wont be obstructed by trees and such, Even...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheila M
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. I regret you weren't pleased with your stay, and that the resort didn't live up to your expectations. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the service. More than any other aspect of our business it is our service we take great pride in. We have been recognized by almost all our TripAdvisor followers, as one of the hotels with the best staff in Cancun. I regret that service received during your vacation did not live up to the expectations of luxurious and relaxing experience.

I was very much concerned by your review and disappointments you faced during your stay with us. I do want to ensure you that all your comments were followed up and we are working hard in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.

I remain at your service if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We recently stayed (husband and I) at the Fiesta Americana Condesa for 5 nights. This was our 2nd trip to Cancun, and we were looking forward to trying a larger, higher rated resort with more activities. Last year we stayed at the GR Caribe by Solaris, which was actually much more lovely than the reviews depicted.

Upon arriving at the Fiesta Americana, we were impressed by the beautiful entrance and lobby. However, the air was not moving in that lobby, so we instantly started sweating. We'd just travelled for a few hours, and were quite tired and hungry. Once we spoke to a front desk agent, we were told that we were booked in a ground floor, garden unit facing away from the beach. We asked for upgrade options, which weren't communicated very effectively. Ultimately we ended up paying almost $300 extra for an oceanfront room for the week. At no point during our check in did the agent say "Happy Anniversary" (I specifically mentioned that we were celebrating in our booking) or offer us a drink. However, people all around us were offered champagne, water or other beverages. We also weren't provided any sort of explanation of the hotel amenities and what's available. This was probably the only negative part of our time at the Fiesta Americana - not a great first impression.

When we arrived in our room, weren't necessarily overwhelmed by the accommodations. It was a very standard, somewhat small room with a large window overlooking the pool and ocean. The rooms are showing their age a bit, but nothing terrible. The bathroom is very small, but the bed was comfy and the air conditioning worked fairly well. The mini bar was sufficient, and was refilled regularly with water and soft drinks, etc.

The pool area is quite expansive, with plenty of areas for you to either relax quietly or meet new people and play water volleyball, or drink at the swim up bar. Lots of fun little games and activities take place around the swim up bar, so keep that in mind if you're selecting a seat for the day. We spent most of our time over near the volleyball net or in the chairs overlooking the ocean. We did encounter the issue of people reserving seats with their towels and not actually sitting in them for hours at a time; very annoying. But overall we were able to find spots most every day. I will say that the wait staff pays much less attention to you if you're over by the volleyball net area of the pool; we had a hard time getting folks to take a drink order there, so we usually swam to the pool bar.

The restaurants were all very good; we really enjoyed Kambu for a casual eating spot at lunch and dinner. It's Asian food for dinner, but for lunch they also offered typical American fare like chicken wraps and burgers, etc. Our first night at the resort we ate sushi at Kambu, and it was delicious. The snack bar is right next to Kambu and offers nachos, chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, burgers, ice cream, etc. This was convenient when we were at the pool and feeling a little peckish. The Mexican restaurant is good, but not when you're super sunburned. There's no air or cross breeze in that restaurant, so we felt like we were on fire the entire time we were eating. The food was lovely, though, and we watched the wait staff making a nice dessert for someone who was celebrating a birthday (looked like bananas foster, but with strawberries). The Italian restaurant was absolutely delicious, and we didn't have to wait long at all to be seated. BUT, make sure you do not wear flip flops! They made one of the folks in our party go change her shoes before they'd let her in. Last but not least, we ate breakfast at Kalmia every morning, and it was delicious. They have a really nice buffet spread, omelette/egg station, and the wait staff is pretty good about refiling your coffee and what not.

We did order room service twice, and both times it was decent. The desserts are pretty tiny, so if you love sweets, order double!

The staff in every area was great; no complaints there. There are employees fixing/cleaning/attending to things all over the resort virtually all the time. The beach was perfectly clean and accessible, pools were also very well kept and tended to on a very regular basis. The servers at all restaurants were so nice, and we made sure to tip a little something every time we ate a meal. We also left a little money for our housekeeper at the end of our stay.

Overall, the Fiesta Americana was a great experience with the exception of check-in. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Cancun.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor with an ocean view (no balcony), and it was a decent location. But you ca...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mnichols79
Oxford, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We just returned home from our trip to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel!!

From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were greeted with drinks. Originally, we had reserved a superior garden view room but we did end up choosing to upgrade to a better room. We upgraded to a pool view room. I think it was worth the upgrade. We had a king bed , it was very comfortable. I have no complaints about the room. I had read other reviews which state the bathroom is small. I agree it is on the smaller side but I was not going to this hotel for the bathroom. I actually liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom as it was easier to get ready in the open area. We had a mini fridge which was stalked with water, soda and beer. The only thing I didn't like was if you wanted more of what was supplied everyday, you had to pay a fee. We were given one large water and two small waters a day. We managed to make it work since you could get purified water all over the hotel anyway.

Food:
Food was good. The Itailian "Rosatto" restaurant was our favorite. I had the lasagna bolognese and the spinach cheese raviolis. They were great. Our waiter was wonderful as well. I didn't enjoy the mexican restaurant as much as I am not into the traditional mexican meals. My boyfriend however did enjoy his meal at the mexican restaurant. The buffet was very good. There was always a great variety of food to choose from. We also enjoyed having lunch by the pool at the "Kamba". They had a full salad/soup bar. The menu consisted of sandwhiches/pizza/pasta. I also enjoyed the cafe right in the main lobby of the hotel. We got snacks, coffee, ice tea and ice cream at the cafe. The snack bar by the pool was also very good. They had hamburgers, hot dogs, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, ribs, chicken fingers , chicken wings, quesadilla.

Staff:
Two words-Incredible and attentive !!
The staff was so great at this hotel
You could really tell that they care about you
Everyone was very friendly
We had a great experience with so many of the staff. Thank you to Alfredo for our coffee after dinner drink in the buffet. It was delicious.

Cleanliness:
This hotel was very clean
The staff was always cleaning and making sure the hotel looked perfect at all times.

Shows:
We were so busy we were only able to see 1 show. We saw the comedy/magic show. It is a must see. Very funny!

Pools/Beach :
Pools were so big - very clean! We spent most of our day in the pool and at the beach. The beach was also very clean. My only recommendation would be to add some tiki huts to the beach so that we could enjoy shade while relaxing a the beach.

There's probably much more I could say about this hotel but wanted to keep the review simple. This hotel was great. Amazing time! We will definently be back!!

Room Tip: Moon palace or sun tower were excellent room options
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank reneeg238
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay in Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for you. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you back and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We booked at FACC to have our wedding ceremony at and it really exceeded all our expectations. We had 14 people attend for our wedding and all of them loved the resort. The food was amazing. I've read some reviews about the food being bland and not good, this was not our take on it. The food was wonderful. We never had an complaints on the food and we always left satisfied and somewhat overstuffed. Our only issue was that we had a large group due to the wedding guests, about 12 of us, and we were unable to be seated together and if we wanted to eat at the same time it was a long wait (plus the hotel was at full capacity) but the wait was worth it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beach is clean and beautiful. The water is perfect for swimming. As for our wedding, it was perfect. Our wedding coordinator, Silvia, was awesome. She took care of all the details we asked for and then some. The decorations were outstanding and we even had a few surprises with our package that just made everything that much more wonderful. I am happy with picking this resort for our ceremony and I will go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Harrow
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a fantastic one week stay. The hotel is older than those around it but has far more character - the rooms are fine, fairly basic but very comfortable. The bathroom is small with just the toilet and bath with shower, the sink in our room was in the bedroom by the bathroom door so if one of us used it while the other was sleeping we had to be as quiet as possible but this was not a major problem.
We were on the fifth floor in a central position which afforded a fantastic unobstructed view of the pool and beach. We had a balcony we could sit on but many rooms around us while having a balcony had only enough space to stand so it may be worth asking for a large balcony before you arrive.
The food is excellent with a buffet and three a la carte restaurants for the evening - all offered delicious food with attentive waiters. There was also an outdoor restaurant during the day offering superb fish tacos along with the restaurant offering buffet and the Asian restaurant offering pastas, pizza, burgers and more. The buffet for breakfast had plenty of choice from pork or chicken to fresh fruit and cakes. No-one will go short on food at this hotel!
The entertainment was fairly quiet during the day leading to a very relaxed atmosphere and for the evening there was a different theme every night including Mexican dancing, Michael Jackson tribute and a fire show, all of excellent quality- great fun.
The staff were very friendly and helpful always with a smile on their face providing a great service.
The pool was wonderful, fairly warm with a large number of sun beds and the beach was beautiful with soft sand and again a large number of sun beds. Sun shades were limited and surprise surprise many guests placed towels on the beds under them early in the morning often not returning until late in the day, if at all. This was annoying but unfortunately is standard practice these days.
All in all a wonderful stay in a relaxing and beautiful environment with superb staff and wonderful food- we certainly would return in the future.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Harrowlad
I appreciate your valuable review about our hotel and your comments from your recent stay with us. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable.

We are looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.