“Wonderful getaway!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Iselin, New Jersey, United States
“Wonderful getaway!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The resort was really beautiful and immaculately kept.
The rooms were really nice and we were moved to a ocean front which was just steps from the beach and pool. Some of the rooms had louder than usual air conditioning units.

The food was outstanding in the restaurants and the buffet. At the Breakfast buffet there was everything from cereal to French toast and the omelets were fresh and not overcooked . Poolside lunch, snacks and desserts were always available. They also had a huge bbq of chicken, steak, hot dogs and burgers. You will not go hungry!
They did have entertainment each night ranging from an Elvis impersonator to a Mexican singer and dancer. It was ok.
The one problem we experienced was the alcohol. It was definitely watered down. We still drank plenty of fun drinks and the pool bar had a great friendly staff.

For one dollar you can catch the bus to town and there are huts for shopping and a nice mall. Of course Carlos and Charlies and Senior frog are right on the main street.

I am a travel agent and I would return to this resort in the future. It is 15 minutes from the airport and check in was easy. They held our bags till our rooms were ready at 3pm and we had lunch while we waited.

Room Tip: ocean front was really nice . I think it's worth the extra money.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Janet C
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your review, we do try to take every opportunity to satisfy our guests needs and desires in order to make every vacation memorable and free of stress. We really appreciate your constructive criticism and suggestions shared with us, it’s importance is priceless in an effort to provide comfort and relaxing moments to our guests.

Thank you again for your valuable review and recommendations, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Pilar Tapia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,752)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Let's begin this review by stating, "If you are looking for 5 star All Inclusive resorts," THERE AREN'T ANY!!! A 5 star resort will not include in your cost, All Meals, All Drinks, All Service, and All Smiles! Let's be realistic here.
This is our 7th trip to the Cancun hotel zone, and my wife of 26 years and I have had wonderful experiences at 6 different A/I hotels in this area. We've only stayed twice at the Solaris back in the 90's.

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun is absolutely beautiful and very well maintained!
An older property that to me, showed no signs of wear and tear over the years!
These all inclusive resorts are affordable only because of the hard working staff making it available for everyone to enjoy! Anyone can find things to complain about however, I keep an open mind when on vacation which allows me to enjoy the good things along with accepting some of the "not so good things!"
Fortunately at Fiesta Americana Condesa, I didn't find any "not so good things!"

Check in was amazingly quick: We arrived about 6 hours prior to check in and within 30 minutes, our garden room was available which included an Ocean View! (BONUS!) The room had a King size bed that slept well, and was put together nicely. The complaints that people have about the "step up" in the shower are true. It is a little higher than normal, but wasn't something that really effected us!

Lets get to the people:

Plain and simply put, the following people touched our hearts and went out of their way to make sure that we enjoyed each day of our wonderful vacation experience.

Jacqui-(Entertainment Staff) Always smiling and cutting up with us and even spent extra time in the pool with us talking about our children and our way of life back in the states.

Lucia-(Kambu Buffet) So sweet, and very welcoming with a HUGE smile each morning for breakfast!

Antonio-(Coffee Bar) Served some of the best coffee available in the coffee bar on the premise!

Sarahi- (Beach Service) Walks miles in the sand each day, with a smiling face and a very welcoming "Hola" for beach service.

Chris- (Entertainment Staff) went out of his way each day to find us and make sure that we were having a great time.

J.J- (Kambu Buffet) Joking and laughing with us during breakfast to start our day off right.

Maria Chan- (Housekeeping) We never met her, but let me tell you, she can put a room together like no other!!!

I'm not sure what kind of pay that these people receive for their hard work, but to me, CLEARLY it isn't enough for the work that they do!

Vacation is what you make of it and it is in my opinion that the Fiesta Americana Condesa is one of the best hotels on the strip.
The pools are incredible, and there is plenty of room that if you want to be at the swim up bar with all of the "party people" you can join right in, or if you like the more relaxed pool, just go up the stairs to the top pool which overlooks all of the fun and activities and watch from a distance.

Room service is very prompt and quick, and the food is Good!

Overall, the food is good. Not 5 star great, but once again, if you can't find something that you like in the 5 different restaurants at Fiesta, then you may want to check your diet! lol..

We would go back to the property tomorrow without hesitation!
There aren't words to describe how beautiful the beach and property grounds are at the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.

One recommendation to all of you travelers!
Take the bus for $1 US dollar to the Embarcadero. The Ferry for $22 US dollars will take you over to Isla Mujeres and drop you off on the island. Once on the island, rent a golf cart for $44 US dollars and EXPLORE, EXPLORE, EXPLORE! The island is small so you can drive around and find private beaches, private bars, and view the Mexican culture! It's an experience that you will not forget. Also, don't forget to check out the wonderful beach at Playa De Norte! (North Beach!) The water is very calm and there will be many yachts anchored just off shore to look at. Grab a cheap beer and enjoy!

In closing,

Thanks to all of those who worked so hard for us over our 7 day adventure! People are what make this world turn, and the people that Fiesta American Condesa have selected to employee are TOP NOTCH!
We cannot wait to return!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Allen A
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service. I have already congratulated the members of our staff that you mentioned.

Thank you again for all your kind comments. We are looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I attended a conference at this hotel in Feb 2014. This was my first time visiting Mexico and staying at an all-inclusive resort. It was such great experience! All hotel staff were very helpful. However, my favorite part of the resort was eating tapas in the lower bar area. The Chef Alan was awesome and had a great selection of tapas. I went there each night and noticed several other guest who did the same thing. I highly recommend this resort, and especially, the tapas!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jamaine D
Cincinnatus, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Just returned from the best vacation ever in Cancun. Although we arrived very late at night due to a cancelled flight, we had a quick and easy check in and got just the room we had requested with a full balcony. All of the staff did a great job at making us feel very welcome. Although there were many guests, we ate at every specialty restaurant we chose to and there was never a wait to be seated and the food was delicious. Bartenders remembered our favorite drinks after our first day there. Wonderful beach and poolside drink deliveries. We had perfect weather the entire week of our stay. Although the ocean was rough with red flags out, we managed to get in every day. We thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary foot massages at the beach. A special shout out to Lu the hostess at the breakfast and lunch buffet, her face just lit up with recognition every time she saw us approaching. She was our special friend. We also have to give a high five to Alex at the beach bar. He did an excellent job making "Miss Cecile's". We were very pleased to find that top shelf liquor was available at every bar. Folks were absolutely right, go for the fish and shrimp tacos for lunch. They were fantastic. Rooms were very clean, beds were just fine for us and the mini fridge was always well stocked on a daily basis. We did have a bit of a problem trying to find shady lounges, but somehow managed to find two chairs every day that could be moved into the shade if they weren't already there. I guess we were resourceful! Thank you for a wonderful vacation. We hope to be back next year.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe lagoon view room on the 7th floor and enjoyed sitting out on the full balcony overlo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Welovethebeach2014
Thank you very much for sharing your review and for mentioning so many positive elements about our hotel. I’m very glad to know that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable and memorable vacation. Staff members are happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated, thank you for highlighting the excellent service that you received during your stay.

Thank you for your recommendations, we are looking forward to welcome you back next year.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

From the moment i stepped out of my taxi and took the escalator to the lobby i felt like i was in a tropical island. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. Check in was very easy no lines no hassle.
I came here with my mom and we had a delightful time. The service was impeccable the rooms were very clean and the my overall experience was great.

Pros:
The staff at Kaumbu restaurant - every morning we ate here and being that my mom has a bad leg Lucia (hostess) would always give us VIP treatment a sit up at the top close to the buffet. She was so sweet and fabulous. Along with her other colleagues JJ, Eligio and many more

Food: No complaints i really enjoyed the buffet that was my absolute favorite. On my last night the hotel decided to serve dinner on the lawn near the pool. The view was amazing all that was missing was music

Pool: I read that you must get out to the pool early to get a chair. Well i have to say never had a one problem getting a chair regardless of time of day. The pool was always cleans waiters constantly bringing my delightful beverages.

Beach: The waves were pretty strong during my stay but the beach was very very clean with volleyball courts and soccer

Shows: Must see the fire show and the Michael Jackson show !!!!

Cons:
After one day in the hotel we learned they were no longer doing currency exchange which was a really inconvenience. We dealt with it but it became a hassle towards the end of the stay.

Vacation Club Pitch: Love the hotel but the moment i get in i don't want to be sold a vacation club. I went to concierge to book a excursion and the guy was trying to sale me a vacation club package. NO THANKS

Over all if you are going with family, couple, or just solo this hotel is the place to stay.

Hope you enjoy :)

Room Tip: We had a room facing the garden which also had a view of the ocean and the lagoon.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Liz H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews for months before my trip I feel I owe it to you guys to give my best review. I stayed at the resort for 5 days there are so many positives about this place. I must say the service is far superior than you could even imagine. Yes, you should tip I brought about $100 in 1's and was plenty to be treated like a king. Everything you have heard about the fish and shrimp tacos is true, they are absolutely amazing! Also I feel the Asian restaurant gets overlooked. The best sushi I have ever had was here, kakiagi roll! Give it a try you will not be disappointed. The public bus stop is right in front of the resort so it's very easy to get to the market and the shops. The beds are firm so if you don't like it you can request an extra comforter. The room I stayed in was not dated at all room #746 sea tower. The bathroom was kind of small but served it's purpose, and have extra space in your room. Construction was being done around the resort but never seem to bother us at all. If security is an issue for you, no worries they have a gates drive up with 24 hour security. I must say I will return to this resort we had a great time and the service was far above average. Rayli was our pool server and he has definitely become a friend for life!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Shawn M
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun exceeded your expectations; our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your staying with us.

We really appreciate your review and we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Ill be very thorough here: I wouldve ranked it 3.5 stars, not 4, but 3.5 wasnt an option.
BEACH: absolutely awesome sand and water. No watershoes needed at all. The ocean was VERY wavy when we were there..red flags all days and very rough, but we still loved it. You couldnt just lounge in the ocean though. Water was blue, clear, and beautiful.
SHADE is LACKING! There are minimal palapas at beach or pool. There were an overabundance of chairs at both locations, but not shade. It was the worst we have seen as far as finding shade was concerned. This was a huge negative for us as essentially you were in the sun non-stop all day.
TOWELS: very well stocked and replenished. It was never a problem getting a fresh beach towel and there are no towel cards...This resort was great as far as towel service!
HOUSEKEEPING and Cleanliness: EXCELLENT. I don't think ive ever written about housekeeping, but this place had the best housekeeping services ever. They cleaned your rooms earlier in day and then stopped by your room late afternoon to offer H20/clean towels if you needed them. Our fridge was replenished and overall this was the best housekeeping service we have received, even at adults only resorts
WI-FI: Excellent. We had reception for wi-fi everywhere, even by the pools. Loved this.
CONVENIENCE TO BUS STOP: great. walk outside of resort and to left and bus stop is there. very easy for trips to cancun if you wish
CHECK-IN: went pretty horrible. they had us set up with 2 double beds. we had requested a king and, of course, they told us those were merely requests that they couldnt gurantee. We booked this trip 1 year ago, and after a little complaining, they did give us a king bed and a supposed ocean view room (though wasnt really an ocean view). Immediately after getting our room keys, the concierge takes you to a little desk. Told us they were running a special on the spa. for only $50 for a couple (instead of $102 per person), you each get a 50 min massage and another service HOWEVER you had to sit through a timeshare talk for 1 1/2 hours if you wanted to get that deal. Essentially, they are promoting that and didn't even tell us about the resort itself.
SHOWS: Who knows what the heck the entertainment was for the evening. 1) there was no big sign anywhere telling you what the show was 2) you never knew where the show was going to be held. they don't technically have an auditorium or anything, so its ridiculous to actually see a show.
RESTAURANTS:
kambu/Asian: very good. service good. food pretty yummy. we primarily ate the different sushis. we have had much better sushi at other resorts, but overall we thought it was a good meal and would recommend it. we arent picky eaters in that way.

ITALIAN: The Italian restaurant refused to serve my husband who was wearing closed toe dress sandals and slacks. they said his shoes had to be completely closed. he changed into his horrendous water shoes and they let him in. i attached pics of both sets of shoes. we found this utterly ridiculous. He has worn his dress sandals to multiple resorts that were higher end than this one and has had no problems. we did try to talk to the concierge about it and they were not helpful at all. Once we finally got into the Italian rest, the food was pretty tasty and we were happy with the meal and service in general
Mexican restaurant: we went in and sat down, but the menu didnt appeal to us at all and so we left
Mexican buffet! on Tuesday night they had a Mexican theme in the main buffet. It was spectacular. We loved it overall.
Ceviche restaurant for lunch: we went and had the fish tacos that everyone raves about. they were pretty good.
Kambu for lunch: they have a salad bar and then menus to order your lunch entree from. was pretty good as well

BUFFET: So, we only went for buffet everyday at breakfast, one lunch when we arrived, and one dinner for Mexican buffet. It is laid our VERY funky and weird. the restaurant is 3 tiered with buffet items on the highest and lowest levels. they dont have the same items on each level, so you have to bounce back and forth to see all of the options. this was overly annoying and seemed like very poor planning

Spa: we did not like this spa set-up at all. It costs $24 per person/per day to use any spa facilities, UNLESS you book a service and then you can use the spa for that day. We have been to multiple places where the use of spa pool/tubs/steam room/etc. was free. the idea of having to pay is ridiculous to us.

overall, we would likely not return to this resort, but try another place. for being ranked 10th in cancun, we were a tad disappointed overall.

Room Tip: Pick 3rd floor or higher to guarantee your view of ocean wont be obstructed by trees and such, Even...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sheila M
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. I regret you weren't pleased with your stay, and that the resort didn't live up to your expectations. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the service. More than any other aspect of our business it is our service we take great pride in. We have been recognized by almost all our TripAdvisor followers, as one of the hotels with the best staff in Cancun. I regret that service received during your vacation did not live up to the expectations of luxurious and relaxing experience.

I was very much concerned by your review and disappointments you faced during your stay with us. I do want to ensure you that all your comments were followed up and we are working hard in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.

I remain at your service if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future.