“Fantastic Honeymoon!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Westminster, Colorado
“Fantastic Honeymoon!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We spent our honeymoon from June 7th to 12th. We're in our early 30's.

Tips: Avoid the timeshare pitch at the airport and at the resort. They hit you as soon as you ask for a taxi from the airport. Be sure to bring your own sunblock. The prices are way overpriced on the resort and everywhere else. Bargain down the flea market guys. Take the bus. It's safe and it's cheap.

I would give it a 5 star rating but our check-in process was not all that smooth. We reserved a ocean front king bed room on the Fiesta Americana Website and we also replied back to the pre-arrival survey indicating that it was our honeymoon but we were informed that they had a two double bedroom for us at check-in. Needless to say, we were not happy and did not accept such a mistake. Arturo assigned us a ocean view king bed room on our first night and then we moved to what we paid for which was a ocean front balcony. This was a rough start to our honeymoon. No fancy towel figures or any rose pedals for us. We were disappointed.

We also got pitched timeshare tours at the airport and after check-in. I would highly advise that you stand firm and decline their "promos". I have no desire to own a timeshare nor will I spend the time out of our honeymoon listening to a sales pitch.

Our honeymoon was fantastic because we are a very busy family at home with two kids and we just wanted some time to relax on the beach. Horacio services the beach area for food and drinks and man this guy is awesome. We were so impressed with the fact that all the service staff around the pool and the beach took guest drink requests by memory. Not once did I see any of them writing down their orders.

The beach is beautiful and vast. Not once did we have a hard time finding a beach chair. Their pool is also large and well kept. Shaded chair areas can get difficult to find but we managed. The swim up bar stays packed with no surprise but you can get your drinks with the service staff or walk up behind the swim up area. It's not hard to find a drink.

My favorite place to eat lunch was the Chevicheria. They make some awesome street tacos and I could not get enough of their fish and shrimp tacos. Nothing like having a cold beer and some shrimp cocktail while admiring the blue ocean.

My wife really liked Kalmia because we received our best service and dining experience there more than any of their other restaurants. We purchased the special menu on our third night because my wife wanted some steak and lobster. Man did we get some steak and lobster!

It all started when we informed Henry that we were staying on our honeymoon and he introduced us to the dining room captain (David) who then came over and presented us our special menu options. We paid around 90 USD which included the four course meal for my wife and I. Trust me, it's well worth the extra cost! I dine out quite often with my business travel and the quality of our meal was exceptional.

David invited us to dine with them again on our last evening which we gladly accepted. Needless to say the special dinner was awesome! Henry and David were such professionals, that my wife still raves about their service to this day.

The food at Kamura and Mexicano was also above average. Each had the regional cuisine as their foundation with a contemporary twist. But for us, we had the best dining experience in Kalmia the buffet restaurant. Go figure!

Oh, we did try to dine in the Italian restaurant one evening and found ourselves to be very disappointed. The disappointment was due to the fact that this was the only restaurant that made you wear specific attire and to only find that there was a 2 hour wait! Seriously... who would wait 2 hours? So we didn't eat there. No big deal.

Overall, the resort matches the reviews on Tripadvisor. The rooms are nothing to write home about. The beds and pillows are stiff. The bathroom tub is way too high so watch your first step. The pool is awesome. Their service is exceptional. The beach is beautiful.

We will be back.

Room Tip: Get a ocean front balcony room in the Sea Tower
5 Thank JoeFerg
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you very much for giving us the honor of being your hosts for such a wonderful occasion as you honeymoon and for taking your time to share with all of us this review. Your feedback is very important to us as one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the service. I apologize for the frustrating experience upon your arrival and inconveniences this caused to you. Let me assure you that all the points you discussed in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable.

We will be looking forward to welcome you back and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Best regards,
Pilar Tapia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,794)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had a fantastic time!

First time visiting Mexico, I stayed from June 24-28, 2014 with my mom and sister, and we had such a great time!

The service was wonderful - everytime you turn around there was someone to get you a drink, and the restaurants were all unique and fun.

We were also impressed by the security. They took your room number every time you left in a vehicle, and we tried to get in through a side gate one day and were stopped by security to check our wrist-bands.

The pools were fun, including the swim-up bar. The beach was beautiful (and the beach-side drink service was great).

They even noticed when it was our last day, and made us a special desert!

Overall, absolutely loved it, would definitely visit again soon!

Room Tip: Extra charge for upgraded room, but ours with a "garden view" was just fine!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emily U
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We took our kids ages 5 and 7 for a 5 night stay and had a great time. There were more single adults than families, but that did not impact our stay, the resort is large enough for all to enjoy. The pool is a great feature, we spent most of our days at the beach and relaxing at the pool. They have a large size kiddie pool but our kids were fine in the 4 feet with a floatie. Pack any supplies you can for the beach or pool, especially sun tan lotion, they are very expensive to buy on site. The all inclusive was a huge draw for us and the food was really good with a lot of variety. We were pleasantly surprised. It was better than our dining experience on a cruise ship. Our kids were too young to really take advantage of any off site excursions. We only went on the submarine ride over a coral reef and that was nice, but very rocky, got a little sea sick. We will totally going back to this place! Ask for Claudio pool side, he'll take great care of you!

Room Tip: you want ocean front with a balcony. It's worth the upgrade. Not all rooms have balconies and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TLR27
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from a seven night stay at the FACC. This is our 9th year in a row to visit the beautiful Cancun area. We like to stay at different, highly rated resorts and I plan our trip each year using tripadvisor as my main source of information. This has worked well...until this trip. The Fiesta Americana Condessa Cancun is not a terrible resort, IT'S JUST NOT A TOP TEN RESORT. If I had never stayed anywhere else in Cancun, I might have been overjoyed but by comparison...this resort is old, aging fast and not as advertised.

THE GOOD-
1) The beaches are lovely
2) The pool area is nice
3) The service, for the most part, is good.

THE OK
1) The food is good but not great compared to other Cancun resorts we've stayed. I liked the idea of not having to make reservations. I did NOT like the idea that only (1) restaurant has air conditioning.

THE BAD
1) We upgraded to a suite. While we got extra square-footage with a living area seperate from the bedroom, the furnishings were sparse and looked like the FACC just took pieces from various rooms and threw together. Also, the lock on the balcony door did not work. While I wasn't too concerned with "break-ins" being on the 4th floor, I would have hoped it would have been fixed. Instead the hotel stuck a stick in the door run. Other things in the room that did not work were the TV in the living area, assorted light bulbs and on Thursday evening, we returned from a hot day at the beach to find our marble floors covered with moisture. Apparently the air conditioning had failed. The hotel DID get the AC issue resolved in a few hours but our belongings never seemed to dry out from the humidity.

IN GENERAL- This is an aging property that needs a complete remodel. My wife and I did not feel like we got a value or that this hotel is worthy of a top 10 rating by tripadvisor. We will look elsewhere next year when we visit the lovely Cancun area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank JimC2626
I am deeply sorry to read that you were so dissatisfied with the quality of our resort. One of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with quality on the food and the service. I regret that service received during your vacation did not live up to the expectations of a relaxing experience. I can assure you that every constructive criticism you’ve shared with us has been taken very seriously by our team in order to keep standards, expected by our guests on the highest level, ensuring your satisfaction.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your stay with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future; please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make sure your next visit with us will be without any incidents.

Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

On 18-25 June 2014 my partner and I stayed at fiesta americana. Not only were we more than satisfied, we did not want to leave. The food was great and the staff so lovely helpful and friendly! Special mention to Victor! He would go out if his way to do anything! And junio also! The beach was pristine everything u want right here!! The rooms were standard but very sleep able air-condition and free wifi. We love fiesta americana condesa that much we have cut out California vacation shorter so we can come back to cancun!!

2 Thank Nikita B
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

What can I say???? Such an amazing Honeymoon for me and my husband! We had such a great time! The staff is extremely accomodating and friendly! The rooms are very clean and comfortable. My husband and i are chefs so the food is somewhat important. We truly enjoyed breakfast and all the homemade mexican food! For lunch ceviche and an open grill. The sausage was so good!!! I love Zumba and was impressed with Reuben's routines and Latino flava he brought to us. Even my husband was impressed and has never even done it! I'm not much of an ocean person but I'm completely sold! The beach is so clean and so clear...amazing! And I truly enjoyed the restaurant "El Mexicano''. We went 3 times! Our hostess, Jovanna, remembered us the second time and was excited to see us. She was super sweet and was so friendly. All 3 times Salvador Pacheco waited on us and he almost had me in tears by bringing us a special dessert with the "Come back soon fam Thompson" hand written on the plate. I was so flattered by his gesture. He shared his desire to move up in the company he works for. I find that desire and focus a plus that he cares where he works. I never really saw or knew who was in charge but everyone knew what to do. Wow! My favorite show was the Latin show. Salsa, merengue, bachata, etc was great! I embraced my culture during this visit so much! I have never had a better week of my life anywhere! We will be back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Priscilla O
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. All of us at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun are truly grateful for the honor you gave us to be a host of such a special time as your honeymoon. We are delighted to know that our restaurants and staff exceeded your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Best regards,
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

It was 8 of us that took a vacation to Cancun our travel agent planned everything for us. As soon as we got there I knew we were going to get treated like royals. Entering the resort they will offer you water, margaritas, coke or anything you like the Bar is INTERNATIONAL. Meaning you just ask for it & they'll serve it. Except for energy drinks they don't have those. But it's ok. They still get 5 starts from me.

The personnel took our luggage right out of the bus that was arranged to take us to Fiesta. & said to just sign in & he will be in charge of the rest. I'm guessing there is a lot of communication among them that's a plus.

When we would enter a restaurant we were always greeted with a smile. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from starting with laid back side of the pool snacks where you can go in your bikini to all you can eat casual buffet & if you want something fancy or romantic there is the Rosato Italian restaurant this is where my fiance proposed to me this June 2014. Loved the customer service specially at Kalmia a buffet that was so delicious because of the fact that they had all kinds of dishes absolutely loved it!!! VICTOR was one of the waiters there & he was amazing he was really active & very helpful to me & my fiance. You don't have to tip while you're there but they will satisfy you so well that you will not be able to resist.

Breakfast lunch & dinner there is awesome overall.

Room service is great they make your bed every day as any other hotel would but don't be surprised when you find little gifts here & there. They make these beautiful designs out of colourful rice that just make you say "awwww how sweet" they actually take time to add a little warmth to the room. Now if they find out that it's someone's bday they WILL spoil you. Champagne bottles, balloons & confetti on the bed you name it they rock!!!

I had an excellent staying there definitely going back next year!!! Thumbs up for you guys!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends