“Wonderful all inclusive”

GreenLeadersGold level
NJ
“Wonderful all inclusive”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is our first venture into an all inclusive resort as a vegetarian family and I must say it was wonderful. Even though the vegetarian choice is somewhat limited (that would be the case anywhere in Mexico perhaps) the staff here really make it special.

We arrived around 3PM and at first I was a bit uncertain of the experience we are going to have! The lobby is a massive open air thatched hut and the bar/projection area is right in front. This area is not air conditioned and the air circulation is somewhat iffy. However, the bar and the projector area was special for the whole week, because this is where they showed all of the Soccer world cup matches! When Mexico played for a place in the quarters, they opened their banquet hall and handed out free T-shirts! Unfortunately, Mexico lost, but the team at this resort really showed their skill in organizing everything! This was just the beginning...

Basically, people make this place special and the beach tops it! In between they have the events, Kabu, Kalmia, El Mexicana, Rosato, pools, etc., We had booked two oceanfront deluxe rooms with balcony and requested adjacent rooms. However, they were not available and Marco at the front desk gave us a junior suite instead for one night and another room adjacent to the suite was added next door. The junior suite had a balcony, but was not quite the ocean front we were hoping for. It did however have a decent view of the ocean. As I said, they take care of you and we were happy to be all in one room when we wanted to.

The lobby area has an ice cream/coffee shop and this place has the best cold coffee you can taste. I also tried their cappuccino one day and it was delicious. Much better than what we get here in the US. This shop is staffed with very friendly staff and you will enjoy every visit here.

The rest of the property is Spanish style architecture and the thing we liked about it is that everything is very easily accessible and never too crowded. The beach of course is the highlight and the hotel staff once again stands out as far as serving drinks.

The only minor issue we noticed is humidity control in the rooms. It must be really challenging to run air-conditioners

Room Tip: Take a floor higher than the third floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jayhir
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your detailed review with every reader of TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure hosting your recent vacation in Cancun and we are delighted to know that our efforts for making this vacation a memorable experience have paid off.

We appreciate as well your constructive criticism as it helps us pinpoint the areas where we have room for improvement. We strive to achieve our guests complete satisfaction and exceed their expectations, and comments like yours motivate us to keep raising the bar.

We are looking forward to having back at Fiesta Americana Condesa soon, please feel free to contact us for any assistance you may need.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,812)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Yes my family and I went to this hotel AGAIN. As usual always amazing! The staff caters to our every need. The food was stupendous and the service fantastic. All of our favorite people were there Salvador, Diego, and Oliver. It was so nice to seem them again. Chef Renee and Chef Antonio both prepared the most amazing diners for us everything was cooked to perfection. Abraham was our waiter in the mornings and he always knew exactly what we wanted. Jose and Paulina were very kind to my family and I. We continue to return to this place because of the excellent staff and the wonderful property. Freddy Morales is wonderful with the guests and he is a great manager. I cannot wait to go back and see all of my friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole V
Allow me to take this moment to thank you for your kind words. Our greatest achievement is making you feel at home, and it is such an honor to know that you have entrusted us with your vacations more than once.

Comments like yours are always welcome by every staff member, as they are our inspiration to maintain our high standards and new achievements.

We hope to welcome you back soon, please do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I loved this place! I have been to many beach resorts before, but I have never been to Cancun and never to an All Inclusive. I am glad that I chose this resort as my first experience for both. A big shout out to Effrein who manages the El Mexicano restaurant. He made our dining experiences magical! And to Jairo who was an excellent waiter at breakfast and lunch. And finally to Felix. My favorite bartender!

Rooms

Fairly big, well lit and airy. You won't spend much time in them. But they are very clean and pleasant. The best ones are Ocean Front with a FULL balcony (other balconies are just 8" deep and can't be used for anything)

Uniformly very good to excellent. You have several choices for each meal. For breakfast, just go to the main buffet place (Kalmia). It's quite good and convenient. For lunch, you can't beat the Cevicheria. A small outdoor café near the pool and ocean that serves amazing fish tacos, ceviche, calamari and other seafood items. Excellent! For dinner, in my opinion, you have only 2 real choices: El Mexicano (Mexican) and Rosato (Italian). Both are high-end sit down restaurants where you order from a menu. The food was top notch. While Rosato was excellent, El Mexicano was my favorite. You are in Mexico after all! And the bars were all very good. Quick service. High quality drinks and lots of refills!

The Resort

The pool is huge (2 pools really). And warm. And has a swim-up bar. What else can I say? The beach is absolutely gorgeous. And the water is safe for kids to play in, yet with waves big enough to have fun. Everything is well kept and beautiful. You can get from one end of the resort to the other is just 2 minutes so not a lot of walking.

Entertainment

Not much during the day. Water aerobics was fun and the lunchtime cooking lessons were cool. The rest are kinda meh. Each night there is a main show outside at 9pm and live music inside at 10pm. The live music was good and fun and near the main bar :-). The main shows were very good. I especially liked the Caribbean Party and the Magic Show. There are also tons of day excursions that you can do. They are generally expensive (~$100/person) but amazing if you can afford it. Just pick the ones that sound good to you. And DON'T pay full price! Everything is negotiable in Mexico.

Things that could have been better

+ I wish they provided water equipment (snorkels, floats, etc,) All they had were a few boogey boards which they RENTED for $13/day.
+ The Asian restaurant K'ambu was not very good. The spring rolls were soggy. The "sushi" did not have any fish in it! And the Sea Bass was cooked to death. I would not recommend it.
+ Sometimes the concierge tried to sell you on excursion packages when all you wanted was to ask a question. They can be quite persistent. Which was a little annoying.
+ You can't drink the water in the rooms. So you need bottled water. They give you some. But you have to pay if you want more. Seems silly when tequila is free but water costs money! You should get unlimited bottled water.
+ The bathrooms were a bit small and cramped.

Even with these minor quibbles, it was one of the best vacations I have ever had. Highly Recommended!

Room Tip: Men need long pants and a collared shirt to get into the top 2 restaurants You don't need Pesos...
3 Thank mikecentral
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed June 18th-24th. The resort is beautiful and the beach is fantastic. It was never crowded. The service was fantastic and didn't mind tipping these hard working people. There is not much to do in the evening, although there is a show every night. The Michael Jackson show is not to be missed! My only negatives are the rooms could have been a little cooler at night. The lobby and some of the restaurants are also very warm. The food was wonderful, although the lunch buffet could have used a little more variety day after day.

Our daughter loved the monkeys and birds they bring around daily on the beach for photos. The pictures came out great! We would not hesitate to stay here again!

4 Thank LK126
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, It is very rewarding to know that it was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service, location and selection of food.

We appreciate your constructive criticism as well. Your feedback allows us to get an inside view on our guests experiences and provides us with the guidance we need to keep improving and exceeding expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We spent our honeymoon from June 7th to 12th. We're in our early 30's.

Tips: Avoid the timeshare pitch at the airport and at the resort. They hit you as soon as you ask for a taxi from the airport. Be sure to bring your own sunblock. The prices are way overpriced on the resort and everywhere else. Bargain down the flea market guys. Take the bus. It's safe and it's cheap.

I would give it a 5 star rating but our check-in process was not all that smooth. We reserved a ocean front king bed room on the Fiesta Americana Website and we also replied back to the pre-arrival survey indicating that it was our honeymoon but we were informed that they had a two double bedroom for us at check-in. Needless to say, we were not happy and did not accept such a mistake. Arturo assigned us a ocean view king bed room on our first night and then we moved to what we paid for which was a ocean front balcony. This was a rough start to our honeymoon. No fancy towel figures or any rose pedals for us. We were disappointed.

We also got pitched timeshare tours at the airport and after check-in. I would highly advise that you stand firm and decline their "promos". I have no desire to own a timeshare nor will I spend the time out of our honeymoon listening to a sales pitch.

Our honeymoon was fantastic because we are a very busy family at home with two kids and we just wanted some time to relax on the beach. Horacio services the beach area for food and drinks and man this guy is awesome. We were so impressed with the fact that all the service staff around the pool and the beach took guest drink requests by memory. Not once did I see any of them writing down their orders.

The beach is beautiful and vast. Not once did we have a hard time finding a beach chair. Their pool is also large and well kept. Shaded chair areas can get difficult to find but we managed. The swim up bar stays packed with no surprise but you can get your drinks with the service staff or walk up behind the swim up area. It's not hard to find a drink.

My favorite place to eat lunch was the Chevicheria. They make some awesome street tacos and I could not get enough of their fish and shrimp tacos. Nothing like having a cold beer and some shrimp cocktail while admiring the blue ocean.

My wife really liked Kalmia because we received our best service and dining experience there more than any of their other restaurants. We purchased the special menu on our third night because my wife wanted some steak and lobster. Man did we get some steak and lobster!

It all started when we informed Henry that we were staying on our honeymoon and he introduced us to the dining room captain (David) who then came over and presented us our special menu options. We paid around 90 USD which included the four course meal for my wife and I. Trust me, it's well worth the extra cost! I dine out quite often with my business travel and the quality of our meal was exceptional.

David invited us to dine with them again on our last evening which we gladly accepted. Needless to say the special dinner was awesome! Henry and David were such professionals, that my wife still raves about their service to this day.

The food at Kamura and Mexicano was also above average. Each had the regional cuisine as their foundation with a contemporary twist. But for us, we had the best dining experience in Kalmia the buffet restaurant. Go figure!

Oh, we did try to dine in the Italian restaurant one evening and found ourselves to be very disappointed. The disappointment was due to the fact that this was the only restaurant that made you wear specific attire and to only find that there was a 2 hour wait! Seriously... who would wait 2 hours? So we didn't eat there. No big deal.

Overall, the resort matches the reviews on Tripadvisor. The rooms are nothing to write home about. The beds and pillows are stiff. The bathroom tub is way too high so watch your first step. The pool is awesome. Their service is exceptional. The beach is beautiful.

We will be back.

Room Tip: Get a ocean front balcony room in the Sea Tower
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JoeFerg
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you very much for giving us the honor of being your hosts for such a wonderful occasion as you honeymoon and for taking your time to share with all of us this review. Your feedback is very important to us as one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the service. I apologize for the frustrating experience upon your arrival and inconveniences this caused to you. Let me assure you that all the points you discussed in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable.

We will be looking forward to welcome you back and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Best regards,
Pilar Tapia
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had a fantastic time!

First time visiting Mexico, I stayed from June 24-28, 2014 with my mom and sister, and we had such a great time!

The service was wonderful - everytime you turn around there was someone to get you a drink, and the restaurants were all unique and fun.

We were also impressed by the security. They took your room number every time you left in a vehicle, and we tried to get in through a side gate one day and were stopped by security to check our wrist-bands.

The pools were fun, including the swim-up bar. The beach was beautiful (and the beach-side drink service was great).

They even noticed when it was our last day, and made us a special desert!

Overall, absolutely loved it, would definitely visit again soon!

Room Tip: Extra charge for upgraded room, but ours with a "garden view" was just fine!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emily U
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We took our kids ages 5 and 7 for a 5 night stay and had a great time. There were more single adults than families, but that did not impact our stay, the resort is large enough for all to enjoy. The pool is a great feature, we spent most of our days at the beach and relaxing at the pool. They have a large size kiddie pool but our kids were fine in the 4 feet with a floatie. Pack any supplies you can for the beach or pool, especially sun tan lotion, they are very expensive to buy on site. The all inclusive was a huge draw for us and the food was really good with a lot of variety. We were pleasantly surprised. It was better than our dining experience on a cruise ship. Our kids were too young to really take advantage of any off site excursions. We only went on the submarine ride over a coral reef and that was nice, but very rocky, got a little sea sick. We will totally going back to this place! Ask for Claudio pool side, he'll take great care of you!

Room Tip: you want ocean front with a balcony. It's worth the upgrade. Not all rooms have balconies and...
1 Thank TLR27