“Nice resort; liked pools/beach and staff”

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #13 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I, along with another couple, were here mid-August for 5 days and really enjoyed it. We've been to the RIU Palace Las Americas in Cancun to compare it to and while the RIU seems newer and a bit fancier I thought the FACC pool areas were better and much more enjoyed their beach. The waves out in the water were fun to plunge around in and the sand was super soft with no rocks. A bit of seaweed, but nothing to keep us out of the water. The staff was great at the restaurants, bars, and pool (Angel at the pool was great!) and we thought the food was ok. The buffet was not outstanding but we really enjoyed the Italian restaurant. We didn't get to the Asian restaurant. Our rooms were ok - not really large but we didn't come here to spend much time in our rooms. I liked that the bathroom sink/prep area was separate from the toilet/shower area. We would definitely come here again and will seriously consider it next summer.

2  Thank John K
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you very much for such a positive review, especially for your kind comments about the great service provided by our staff, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.

We really appreciate your constructive criticism and suggestions shared with us, its importance is priceless in an effort to provide comfort and relaxing moments to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back next summer.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

After much research, and reading through so many positive reviews, I decided to book at the Fiesta Americana Condesa. I'm glad I put in the effort because it paid off. The food and the drinks were the best I have had at ANY all inclusive hotel. Id like to give a personal shout out to Chef Rene at Kambu, He made us an excellent personalized meal our first night, and it really set the tone for the rest of our 7 night stay.

The Fish tacos at the Cevicheria are well worth the praise they receive. They are Amazing.

One thing I noticed that I didn't read about in previous reviews is the level of shade at the beach and pool area. If you get up around 7:45 you can have your pick of beach side or pool side shade! (there is plenty to choose from) Which is needed if you plan on spending the full day outside.

The staff really makes this resort. Everyone we encountered was exceptionally helpful and kind.. Id like to give special Kudos to both Jose's at the beach bar/waiter they remembered my name and which drinks I liked! Isidro, pool/beach waiter was AMAZING. He brought us some Horchata which made my husbands day. He went out of his way to make us feel special. Also, Jairo Tun, his kindness made my heart melt. From the first day, where he told us "welcome home, to our last when he said "its been a pleasure" he was so kind and helpful. Also Gristian , Daniel and Jaun working the breakfast buffet, AWESOME!

My one.. and ONLY complaint.. is the bed was REALLY hard. Luckily we were so tired from the day we fell asleep quickly..

All in all. It was a really great vacation.

Room Tip: In our garden view room, we were able to see the ocean!
6  Thank Amanda S

Thank you very much for sharing your review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments and suggestions. Should you consider Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun for your vacations in the future, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Recently returned from a family trip to Cancun. Went for a family wedding which was also in the Fiesta American hotel.
Good News
The hotel is clean. The Fiesta American has a army of workers that are busy cleaning up the hotel each morning and getting it ready for a new day.
With the exception of Kalmia the food was pretty good. The Italian restaurant was the best (best wine menu by far) followed by the Asian(Kambu) restaurant. the poolside option is an quick excellent choice as well.
pools are large and accommodate all the guests
As far as the activities go, Aquaworld which offers a TON of water based activities is literally right across the street. (scuba, snorkle, submarine tours, jetski, boat rental etc..) Very convenient.
Concierge helped us to arrange a day trip to Xel Ha (Shell Ha) which was excellent. highly recommend this as a all day option for an active family. LOTS to do here so check that out in a separate search
Also took the ferry to the Isle of Mujeres for a day - also highly recommend. You are really not going to experience Mexico sitting in a resort every day. We found the island quaint and more reflective of Mexico vs. the "sanitized" resort version.
Service was pretty good. I recommend looking around, finding an employee that is hustling and happy and give them a nice tip $5, and you will not need to worry about getting food/drinks for the rest of the day.
Wedding was really nice. On the beach and went off without a hitch so everyone was happy about that.
Beach is nice and cool, not too rough and a lifeguard on duty
The not so good
My recommendation - don't come in August. I live in SC and I know what hot weather feels like. August weather here is like living on the face of the sun. Couple that with the fact that the main lobby and the pool restaurant are NOT air conditioned and it was tough at times. in particular, the lobby area which included the main bar that is open after dinner at night was just about uninhabitable. Minimum 85 degrees at night.
The property needs to be upgraded, especially the rooms. Clean, but just worn out.
No umbrellas (except a very few permanent thatch roofed umbrellas) at the beach. Which = you are not going to be staying on the beach very long in that heat. I don't get why they would not have umbrella service there????
Also, very few umbrellas by the pool. they only have "x" number of them available and unless you are an early riser (we were so not a problem) you most likely will be in the sun most of the day.
WIFI - virtually nonexistent. My teens like to stream music and yes we like to check facebook etc... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN here. The ONLY way to get online was to be up early (7 am) and attempt to get access then.
Activities were weak. Some beach volleyball and soccer as well as pool volleyball, but not much to do other than that. No pool tables or ping pong or game room in general. If you have teens, I recommend pre-planning activities off the property or you are going to have bored kids on your hands.
Lots of drinking - no one out of hand or unruly, but just a heads up for those of you with teenagers. Pool bar is open @ 10am and stays pretty packed all day. We had no issues with servers pouring alcoholic drinks for our teens (16 & 13) but there are a lot of people attempting to get their moneys worth during the day.

All in all....pretty good not great. if we ever come back, I think I would stay on the Isle of Mujeres. :)

Room Tip: we had partial ocean view - upgraded when we got there. (tried to get free up grade but no go) 4 peo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LowDawg

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations during the time you spent with us. I do apologize, if we failed to provide you a complete detailed information regarding the different activities at our resort upon your arrival in order to avoid this inconvenience.

I would like to remind to all of our guests that we have different activities almost all day long and for all ages, starting from 9:30 am till 5:00 pm the entertainment staff provides fun and sports activities like yoga, dance lessons, water aerobics, pool and beach volleyball. On the evening, the entertainment starts at 9:00 pm with the show at our Lobby Bar, every night we have a different show performed by professional dancers, Circus Show, Michael Jackson Show, Caribbean Show, etc., and on selected nights we offer a Mexican/Caribean dinner-show at the pool area. After the show, we have live music at the lobby bar, starting at 10:00 pm, with a different live band, every night. If you have kids, the Fiesta Kids is open from 9:30 am till 7:00 pm, with videogames and a lot of activities indoor and outdoor for kids from 4 to 11 years old.

I remain at your service if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I suppose it was not absolutely perfect, so I held back on the 5th star. But really, we spent 5 very enjoyable days here and can certainly recommend it for all but the most ardent perfectionists.

I picked this hotel in large part because I liked the look of it. Sure, there are newer places, but they are mostly sterile blocks of concrete and granite. The F.A. Condesa has the tropical environment I want, with lots of beachfront, beautiful grounds, and a wonderful pool area.

We had a room on the fifth floor with a King bed and "ocean view" which faced the pool area, not the ocean. I thought that was perfect, even if "ocean facing" is a supposed upgrade.

Overall service was impeccable, congenial, and efficient. They had activities during the day, and shows every night. Food and drink were excellent, and truly unlimited. They even kept the in-room frig re-stocked with soft drinks and water. Location was pretty good too - just far enough away from the older parts of the Hotel zone to get some peace and quiet, but just a short bus ride away from a convenient bus stop right out front.

So, why no 5th star? Well, I see the manager actually READS these review, let me itemize the minor flaws for his benefit as well as yours:

1. The elevators were stifling hot and airless Much of the hotel is open air, which can get pretty warm in August, obviously.. thankfully the elevators were pretty quick, but they need more ventilation if not an A/C unit.
2. Dress codes in the restaurants were unposted, subjective, and unevenly applied depending on the whim of the maitre'd. I didn't expect to be kept out because my Armani shorts were too colorful, and had to change to something "tan or white". I should add that I think them mostly unnecessary. Anything above beach and swimwear should suffice.
3. Hot water never really got hot, just warm. The beach shower was hotter.
4. The pool volleyball net hung too low.
5. More shade is needed. Guests "reserved" their favorite chair by throwing their towel on it in the early AM and then never using it. They did this because so many chairs had no shade. Its hard to control inconsiderate guests, but easy to buy a few umbrellas.
6. You had to exchange a card for a beach towel, and if you lost either one, you had to pay $25. Prevents towel loss, I suppose. But that whole system was obnoxious. I think it would be better policy to pick up unattended towels and issue fresh ones as needed.

So, no fifth star. But these were all minor issues compared to the overall experience, which was great.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a view of the pool area, unless you need something on the ground floor for conven...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim G

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed the service and the quality of the food that we offer. Our number one priority is the complete satisfaction of our guests, and we strive each day to improve on every aspect in order to keep exceeding expectations. Thank you for highlighting the service of the people that played a special part in making your experience memorable, it is always very motivating to read that their effort was appreciated.

Thank you as well for your constructive criticism, it is of great value to us as it helps us create new strategies that will lead us closer to perfection, in order to keep exceeding our guests expectations.

We hope to have you back soon,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I must admit that this is the first time I have ever been let down by trip advisor and felt compelled enough to leave a review. My husband and I are on day 2 of our 7 day stay here for our 1year anniversary and we are honestly counting down the days until we can leave this resort. The highlight of the trip so far has been the champagne at check in. From there it has been all downhill. It all started with them not having a King room as requested on our reservation. To accommodate us, the moved us to an ocean front suite for an additional charge of course. First room we went to was literly in the basement, but after going back to the lobby they moved us to a higher room, which has been great if you don't mind the faint smell of sewage and a phone that requires Mcguyver type skills to call down for room service.

All that aside I figure it's cool since we will spend most of our time outdoors and all we want to do is enjoy the sun, relax, and eat. Which brings me to the food. VERY disappointing! With the exception of the tacos at the pool bar, everything else has been nothing to write home about. The food at the 2 restaurants we have gone to so far has been cold and stale.nothing worse than spending your money on an all inclusive and having to go off site to eat all your meals, which is exactly what we will be doing for the remainder of our stay. Fortunately I have a bag a trail mix to survive on till tomorrow.

If you need a manicure, don't go to the spa. Spent way to much money and time there today for a no chip manicure to have the polish start to peel off before I even left the spa.

I really wanted to like this place but so far it has been a big disappoint. Hoping things will turn around in the next few days before we decide to switch hotels.

4  Thank kwiley2014
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

I really appreciate your detailed feedback, which helped us identify specifically the areas of opportunity encountered during your stay. I regret that the resort didn't live up to your expectations, I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the service. I totally understand how you feel about having to deal with these situations, instead of spending time enjoying the Resort facilities and your overall vacation. .

On the moment you shared your review, you were attended immediately by our Manager on Duty, who followed up personally with you all the incidents that you experienced; I'm glad to know that after that moment you were able to enjoy your stay.

I do want to assure you that all your comments were followed up and we are working hard in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We spent 5 nights at FA Condesa and have to day we had a remarkable time.
When we entered the hotel we were greeted by this great staff, and were treated like royalty the whole time.

The staff fell in love with my 2yr old son and treated him like a little Prince the entire time.
The icing on the cake was when they sent milk and cookies to the room for him when we ordered his milk for the night.

The food options were amazing, we especially enjoyed the nightly Bbq that was held poolside. (Much better than a buffet) the buffets were nicely maintained and the restaurants were all beautiful as well.
Thanks Fiesta Americana, well r be back for sure.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Erik M
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your review, which contributes greatly to our improvement. I’m very glad to know that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable and memorable vacation. I'm very grateful for your comments about the work of our staff; let me assure you that this kind of recognition has a very special meaning to us as a team.

We really appreciate your generous recommendations of our service and looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Check-in: You will have someone greet you and get your drink order. Your bags are left at the curb, the will bring them to your room for you. Have had keys need to be reset, but that happens anywhere and everywhere.

Restaurants: Have never taken to the Italian restaurant as so many others, was okay, but nothing to rave about. Kalmia has a great buffet and is the place to eat breakfast. Kambu: best, hands down. Mexican restaurant is good. Cervichie is the only place we ate lunch, fish tacos are really good like everyone talks about, but we always get shark empanadas, everyday for lunch. They also have snack bar with American food.

Beach is really nice, kept clean. At times has a lot of seaweed, but they clean it up every morning and sometimes during the day. Water is extremely rough, but lot of fun.

Pools are very big, not cramped with swim-up bar and volleyball net.

Very good service, Pedro is the best bartender in the world. They make anything you want and never get watered down drinks.

Rooms are nice, but nothing to rave about. Yes, the bathrooms are small and getting into and out of shower may be difficult, but you are very rarely in the room.

Shows and entertainment every night, circus, magic show, Michael Jackson show, trivia. Also, if you get a chance, do the turtle release, really cool experience.

Have been four times, will be back for a fifth in September.

Room Tip: Get a room with ocean view and a full balcony, those are the two most important things when it comes...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank C B

Allow me to express my sincere gratefulness for sharing with us this generous comments about our staff and our services. It's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. I am happy to learn from this review that you were pleased with our restaurants and especially that our staff made a difference providing excellent service.

It will be an honor to have you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.