“All inclusive not for me”

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Ranked #13 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Lower Heyford, United Kingdom
“All inclusive not for me”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I have to add a caveat to this review, as all aspects are based on my preferences and as such reflect my opinion only.

This was the first time my friend and I had ever stayed at an all-inclusive, however as my friend wanted to try it, we thought it made sense to try it in Mexico as neither of us had been before. I will not be traveling as such again.

The hotel was good for what it was. Check in was smooth, and personnel were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were simple and clean. Bathroom was tiny, but served it's purpose. All in all the facilities were exactly what they said on the tin, but there was none of the charm of Mexico in the hotel. We could have been anywhere. It had a clinical feel to it.

I understand that this is a good hotel for people who like the safety or fixed price of an all inclusive. Speaking to other guests; they loved that they never had to leave the hotel grounds. They enjoyed the activities and restaurants.

So in summary, if you are someone who likes your time and activities to be arranged, and knowing how much you are going to spend on holiday, then this is a good choice of hotel. As the food was fair to good; depending on which restaurant. The Italian and Mexican had very good food. The buffet was far below par.
If you are someone who likes to see the surrounding area, and get a feel for the country you are visiting, then I cannot recommend the all inclusive. It is far away from all the Mayan ruins,and just surrounded by other hotels on the Cancun strip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lucles
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, we truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service. Although many travelers find Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun to be a great place with excellent food options and facilities, I do understand that the concept of our hotel does not suit your kind of lifestyle.

If there is ever anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.

Pilar Tapia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,812)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Black Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I took my 18 year old niece here as her graduation gift. It was perfect! The grounds are beautiful and well maintained, the food was excellent- breakfast and the ceviche and fish tacos by the pool were our favorite. The shows were pleasant surprise, there was plenty of things to do around the pool. It seems like there was always some activity going on. Our room was cool, we just left the air cranked way down. Our room was always cleaned really well and the refrigerator was well stocked. I love this place and can't wait to go back. It was my niece's first trip out of the US and this was the perfect place to take her. She loved it as much as I did. My only major complaint was that we didn't get to eat at the Italian restaurant because I had sandals on with my dress. Also, they had a buffet set up by the pool every night but we didn't find out until we were leaving that it was for all guests. It looked like a private event. I can't wait to go back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2014

we had a great time at FAC in cancun --visit from august 8-13 -- our second visit to the resort in 2 yrs -- staff was very friendly - Claudio(pool) and Ceaser (front desk) were great -- the staff was very friendly and we had a great time. Only issue we as was with travelocity who made an error on the reservation listing all the kids --total 6 -- for 2 families as infants. As a result we ended up paying 1000 dollars and 2700 dollars --for the 2 families extra when checking in. We spoke to travelocity regarding the problem and they assured us we will be reimbursed regarding their error which occured due to an upgrade of their system. To this day we have not been reimbursed and they are dragging their feet with very poor service despite us submitting all the necessary paper work they have requested.
Despite our issues with travelocity -- we had a great time at the resort and would certainly recommend others to FAC.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Snehal P
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I've been to Mexico multiple times... Went in June with my mom and sister had the best time ever! We upgraded to an ocean front which was amazing and worth every penny! The staff was truly amazing we never had an empty glass... Please tip these servers the great job and their hard work is worth every penny!! The food was great too!!Looking forward to returning in October!!!

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Nickage20
Thank you very much for sharing your review, it's our pleasure to know that we met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service.

We are looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel 3 years ago and were a little hesitant that it would not be up to par again. We were wrong. The rooms are becoming a little dated and are in need for an updated, but I noticed the hotel was painting the lobby while we were there. The food is still fantastic. They change their menu in the international dinner every night so you don't get bored. My kids preferred to go there instead of the exclusive restaurants.

When booking trips, use the ground transportation desk on the right. They are not there to try and sell you on a time share or getting you to come for breakfast. The time share deal is the only thing that I don't like because they don't even try and sell us on the Fiesta Americana. I do wish that they would allow us to pre-book our hotel room a year in advance for a discounted rate, which is what i prefer. I love this hotel but I only go if I can get a good deal on bookit or another site. You would think that Fiesta Americana would like re-occurring guests like myself but they never offer a deal. I always have to pay the upgrade fee to the room type that I like when I book through bookit.com, which by the way has consistently had the best deals compared to expedia, costco and travelocity.

One thing that we did differently this year was deep sea fishing. It was a fun experience for my husband and son. If you bring it back to the hotel, the chef in the Mexican restaurant will prepare it for you and your family as a special dinner. It was Amazing and the highlight of our trip. Luis the Server, Vladimir the chef and Efrain the capitan were excellent. Vladimir is an amazing chef who cares about his work. We tipped them well, probably $80-100 total but you couldn't buy this amazing 4-5 course meal at a local restaurant in town. It was so good that they agreed to cook us another special meal the next night and we had a different mexican meal. You feel like you get a taste of a local and the service is great. I would highly recommend the Fiesta Americana Condesca. My only lower rating was due to the rooms. If you have a family of 5, upgrading to the beachfront king room and room with double beds is worth the money because you have a common family room in the middle to hang out together and play games.

The hotel has fun kids activities for children under the age of 11. My daughters (11 and 14) love to paint the ceramics by the pool which is an additional cost to an outside party. The entertainment is fun. They could change it up soon since it is the same entertainment each year we go back. The fire dance, michael jackson show is good. The Karaoke night is nothing great. Some other game show were the kids get on stage would be more fun. The hotel should look at some ideas that cruise lines incorporate with children.

The beach is excellent. White, warm water and easily accessible. There is plenty of beach chairs. The pool chair situation is a little annoying because people reserve them by 8 am in the morning and for parents who want to watching their children in the water it is hard when all the chairs are taken by adults with out any children. I would recommend a vegas rule that if you aren't sitting in the chair 30 minutes after you reserve it, then your towels are removed. Make it known to the guest that chairs can not be reserved.

The ceviche bar is great. The lunches by the pool are fantastic. The hotel could use a few more volleyballs but it is still good and good at getting people involved. the profiterole is to die for.

Room Tip: See comments above for parties of 5 people.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank ssmlutah
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest, it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.

Thank you again for all your kind comments and suggestions, we are looking forward to welcome you back, please do not hesitate to contact us for any information or assistance; it is always a pleasure to be at your service.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My sister and i stayed here from Aug 13-20..we found this hotel to be exceptionally clean and welcoming.The variety of food served each night was delicious! The staff all around were friendly and catered to us. The beds in the room were extremely comfortable...felt like sleeping on a cloud. I suggest that they should include more entertainment at night and bar should be open a little later.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Suhada N
Thank you for sharing your experience, it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.

Thank you for your recommendations, we will be looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Lansing, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Staying at the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun was a very good experience. The facilities are lovely. I have been told they are 'dated', I disagree. They are not the latest steel, concrete, and glass, that would deny the history and personality of the area. The structures are of lovely architecture, carefully cared for and maintained. the gardens and atrium are lush.
More importantly, if not most importantly, the staff was friendly and attentive more like beloved family members rather than employees. One particular gentleman, Juan Jose, JJ, as he introduced himself to us, was so very personable and helpful, we would like to have asked him to sit and eat with us but the restaurant he attended to is bustling with people ready to to eat from the buffets with their grand variety of local and international foods. There were so many others who went out of their way to make our stay memorable, each one of them serving in their respective roles, from the front desk clerks, to the water aerobics instructor, dance instructors, concierge, dozens of waiters, room attendants, maintenance workers, etc. they were all gracious and anxious to please.
Overall this was an excellent experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Nita B
Thank you very much for sharing your review, which contributes greatly to our improvement. I’m very glad to know that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable and memorable vacation. I'm very grateful for your comments about the work of our staff; let me assure you that this kind of recognition has a very special meaning to us as a team.

We all are looking forward to this special honor of welcoming you back to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.