My wife, my eight-year-old son, and I were at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach from 08/03/12 until 08/08/12. This was about our 20th time to the Cancun, PDC, Cozumel area over the last ten years, and this was at least our 4th time to this hotel.
Fast. We got there about an hour before the check in time, but were still expeditioulsy checked into the best room in the hotel, room 338. What makes it the best is the size, the balcony, and the view. It was a master suite. I think there is a presidential suite that is considered even more luxurious, but I cannot imagine upgrading from this upgrade and getting anything substantially better than what we had.
Nice, calm water. It is a little rocky, but in a scenic, good for snorkeling way. There are beach chairs and chairs under palapas, both free. And then there are beach beds available for rent. They come with a covered top, which gave some much-needed shade, a heightened level of service by the beach waiters, a big bottle of water, and some nice little fruit skewers and other appetizers (nuts, brownies, tiramisu squares) throughout the day. The best beach bed is #2. The fee for the beach beds was $50 / day.
There is some snorkeling from the beach. There used to be a really great reef there, hence the name. Much of the reef is dead, or otherwise destroyed by hurricances, but there are enough rocks and pieces of reef in the water to make the snorkeling worthwhile. The water is very calm, especially when compared to the beaches facing the open ocean (Ritz, Grand Melia, etc.). The calmness of the water is due to two things: (1) the beach faces Isla Mujeres; and (2) the beach is in a geographically protected cove.
Good, but very expensive. When facing the entrance to the hotel, there is a convenience store called Oxxo that is about forty yards to the right. I had our cab driver from the airport stop there first so I could stock up on water and drinks. I saved a ton of money that way, and the hotel is totally fine with you bringing in outside food and drinks.
Very expensive and not worth it, except for breakfast. It was less expensive and better food to take a cab into town and go to any of the local restaurants (Limoncello, Casa Rolandi, Lorenzillo's).
Incredible. I mean, I did not ask for or expect this, but when you walk by a maid mopping the floor in the hall, she immediately stops what she is doing, and then stares at the ground until you have walked past. And then if you say hello, they look at you like they are on ecstasy. Like I said, I do not expect this treatment and almost feel a little embarassed by it, but they truly treat you like you are royalty.
Very nice lagoon-style pool. Not alot of loud wasted people, although there was on jerk that I am going to try to post a picture of. There are alot of Mexicans that go on vacation there, which makes for a more laid-back, authentic vibe. It's not like there are a ton of loud, drunk, Midwestern Americans annoying everyone within earshot.
Impeccably clean. Beds very soft and clean. Nice shower. AC could have been a little colder, but we were there in August.
THE BEST PART
Watching Hurricane Ernesto coming in from our huge balcony while a surreal cascade of camera flashes from nearby balconies came down.
The pain of $5 water and $300 dinner for 3 at La Basilica on site (only two glasses of wine, no appetizer, no dessert, had to dress up a little).
All in all, this hotel is the best on this stretch of Cancun, which is also referred to as Playa Bonita.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel rises majestically in the heart of Cancun’s entertainment district. The 602-rooms present with all the class of a fine European hotel, combined with the warm and gracious service that has made us famous. Our full-service spa, invite you to enjoy the endless relaxation and adventure. Fine cuisine is available in our nine restaurants and bars. Guests may also use the large outdoor pool along with a children’s club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Ctrip TA, Splitty, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort And Spa
- Grand Coral Beach Cancun
- Fiesta American Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Cancun Mexico