My wife (then fiancée) and I visited Cancún with her parents, staying here for several nights in October 2012.
It's a terrific hotel—rooms are spacious and clean; service was prompt, considerate and friendly. The breakfast buffet was particularly good, both for the variety and quality of food/drinks on offer. We spent a lot of time at the pools (and the pool bars), and both they and the adjacent beach areas were pristine throughout our stay. Check-in and check-out were quick and simple, and the bill was accurate.
The location is tough to beat: nestled right in the center of the action, it's a quick walk both to nightspots and to departure points for tour buses. This was a huge plus, especially with folks of a certain age as part of the group. Taxis all know the place, so getting around couldn't be easier.
The layout and architecture are last-generation (i.e., big-atrium style), so if you're looking for that avant-garde, design-hotel feel, this one may not be for you. But it's well-maintained and feels comfortable. Public spaces are inviting, and the jazz trio even made the lobby bar a congenial place to spend a few hours with the parents, relaxing and taking it all in.
My only problem with our stay was damp sheets. The high humidity simply made it seemingly impossible for the hotel staff to provide us with dry bedding. There was a slightly musty smell to the bedding (sounds worse than it was, or I'd list this as a Big Problem), and repeated changing of the sheets didn't solve the issue.
We made it work, but I'd recommend changing rooms entirely if you book here and encounter this problem (parents didn't experience it at all in their room, which was located a good ways away from ours).
Overall: recommended, especially with the *incredible* shoulder-season package deals they seem to offer regularly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel rises majestically in the heart of Cancun’s entertainment district. The 602-rooms present with all the class of a fine European hotel, combined with the warm and gracious service that has made us famous. Our full-service spa, invite you to enjoy the endless relaxation and adventure. Fine cuisine is available in our nine restaurants and bars. Guests may also use the large outdoor pool along with a children’s club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort And Spa
- Fiesta American Cancun
- Grand Coral Beach Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Cancun Mexico