“Great family stay”

Ranked #11 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
NYC
“Great family stay”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

For all the one liner reviewers

'Its great and highly recommended especially if you have a family.'

Now for detailed reviewers read on..

I visited Dec25-30

Food: I had dinner and a light snack at the Coral Cafe..the food was pretty average..nothing like a 5 star resot. I am a vegetarian so I just had limited options..but even then it was pretty crappy. The other restaurants and bars were excellent. La Joya, the Mexican restaurant and the Vina Del Mar, the breakfast restaurant were equally nice. The Swim-up bars served snacks and drinks (try the fajitas and the coconut water)

Service: This was the most amazing part of the stay. The staff was keeping the entire resort spotless and always smiling (We Americans need to learn this) No matter how many times people stepped with wet feet and sand..they always kept saying my pleasure..I mean at one point I felt bad and I decided to take another route. :)

In-room housekeeping service was extraordinary..the maids came twice a day and folded even some of my kids clothes and they didnt expect any tips in return and during the final day they even came to say thank you and how did I do type of thing? I definitely tipped them nicely and they seemed genuinely happy.
In-room dining was also hands down the best experience I ever had.

People: Always smiling and ready to help be it in the resort or outside it. Loved them. Part of your vacation experience improves because you encounter really nice people.

View: We were on the second floor sea facing but we could sea the amazing pool(s) and the sea even when lying on the bed. pretty much 90% of all the rooms face the sea and pool so just make sure you ask them if thats not the case.

Fun: I took my 7mon old kid along with us and I think even he enjoyed the water. Lots of families and kids but I didnt feel that it was too noisy or over crowded any time.
For couples if you are really looking to get away from the kid zone then please book a couples only resort. As there are only a few resorts in Cancun that take in families its pretty obvious that you will find them filled with kids.

2 Thank TheUnbeaten

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (696)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The hotel is great and the interiors are just amazing. The rooms with full ocean view are big and very nice. The hotel is very well situated at walking distance to discos (CocoBongo), good restaurants (Mextreme, Cambalache, some very nice sushi and many others), shopping. The beach is nice and good situated because we could swim even on the days on the the other side of the strip whad a red flag.
The staff is nice and friendly but some of the front desk employees made me forget that I was on holiday: The thing that I didn't like was that for the first time in my life none of my credit card worked at the front desk, while they were all working in all of the hotel restaurants. Because of this we had to pay everything on the spot, that meant that we had to carry our card or money on the beach all the time :-((( I asked them to find a solution to my problem and they replayed very rude that even though it is their system problem there is nothing to be done about my cards; they've offered me the following "solution": to pay an estimated sum of cash and if I do not sped it all they will send it back to me in one or two weeks after I get back home, CAN YOU BELIVE THIS?!!!! Of course I declined their "offer" ;-)
The staff on the beach was very friendly and kind enough to allow us to pay our bill at the end of each day.
At check out they have tried to charge us a restaurant bill, which some russian couple didn't pay, telling us that if we do not pay it their employees have to pay it.
This is the reason I didn't gave 5 stars to my rating, but even though, if I will get back to Cancun, Fiesta Americana will be my first choice.
I almost forgot, another crazy thing, if you want to have access to the indoor swimming-pool and spa area, you have to pay 85 US dollars/ person/ day :-0

Room Tip: Full ocean view room and a high floor.
1 Thank mypoview
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed at a hotel right in front of the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach. It is outrageous that the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach has been allowed to install its air conditioning pipes right in front of the properties accross the Street, which make an unbearable noise 24 hours a day: noise that you can hear in your hotel room (which in my case was facing the beach on the other side), noise that the beach when you are supposed to relax, nosie when you are walking down the Street; noise everywhere!!!!

What amazes and insults me is that the "authorities" of Cancún have allowed this situation.

It should be forbidden to have this pipes installed in such a way that disturb the peace and quiet of turists like us who have made a lot of sacrifices to be able to travel to have a relaxing and quiet vacation which was imposible because of your and the authorities lack of interest in the well-being of the tourists.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Lal6
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We went during thanksgiving '13 and found the hotel to be not that crowded. Checking in took a bit of time but make sure to ask for the bed configuration because default seems to be 2 double beds. There are 2 massive pools with 2 swim up bars EACH. The prices were amazing (except for the breakfast buffet). The French restaurant in the hotel itself is very nice as is the Mexican restaurant.

The spa was unbelievable and they guide you through each phase of the treatment. Make sure to put in your reservation early because it gets filled up fast.

There is also on-site jet ski rental (off the pool side) but you have are skiing in the ocean. my friends did not care much for it but I found it exhilarating.

The breakfast buffet is the same everyday but is quite good (not USD 30/person good though). The nightlife is just a couple of blocks away but watch out for hawkers who try to sell you tickets to venues. I found the nightlife to be ridiculously expensive for not that much.

Room Tip: Ask for a king size at check-in and make sure you face the ocean. try and avoid the floor with the s...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Komisiripala
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I just returned from another wonderful week at Grand Coral Beach. I just can't stay anywhere else and feel satisfied. This was our seventh visit to this hotel since 2004. We have vacationed here by ourselves as well as with our entire family. The last 2 years we brought our grandson and he loves staying here as much as we do. The beach is gorgeous and the hotel is impeccably clean however the people who work here make vacationing here a 5 star experience. Though we are rarely recognized as repeat guests by the concierge desk, the rest of the staff greet us as though we are family. They have the unique quality of being professional yet making us feel as though we are among friends. The stress of traveling melts away from the moment we are greeted at the door. The hardest part about staying here is knowing that we will have to leave. We truly appreciate the warm welcome that we receive and never leave without planning on coming back. We have found our paradise.

1 Thank MHWIT
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The service was fantastic, food delicious, location and beach perfect. We have travelled to many places in Europe, across the US and Caribbean, but the service at this place was simply unmatched! This place is not all inclusive, but we have upgraded to a “grand club” level and had delicious food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and all drinks for free including fantastic cocktails, beer, and excellent wine 7 am – 11 pm on the 12 th floor. You can have the same service at the beach bar reserved for grand club guests during breakfast and dinner only. The entire family loved it there, and it was worth of every penny. Therefore strongly recommend to book at grand club level for fantastic service. The only thing I wish that the whole place had a bit more of a Mexican feel, more Mexican food and more Mexican music.

Room Tip: Must upgarde to "grand club" level
3 Thank Splico2013
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 29 December 2013

the hotel beach is perfect with white sands the pool is really nice , but the suite was small while the bathroom and balcony were huge for no good reason , and the hotel didn't look good from the inside , looked really old

Room Tip: the hotel beach is perfect with white sands the pool is really nice , but the suite was small while...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family