“Yep, give it a try” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Sydney, Australia
“Yep, give it a try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for couple of nights, really great place to get over your jetlag. Room Service was probably best I have ever had - recommend the steak! The pool area and down onto the beach is nice, with many staff looking to help

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank aussiekiwi_boy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here during our anniversary. The hotel was beautiful and within walking distance of several attractions. Our view was beach front and easy access to the beach. My issue was with the front desk. I made a local call to the airline because our bags did not arrive with us. I was charged several pesos for the call although the phone call price list in the hotel stated different rates. When I questioned the front desk about it I was told I should have come to the desk and allowed them to make the call for free. After going back and forth with the front desk manager he said he would take 50% off of the call price. Upon check out I attempted to pay the adjusted price and he acted as if he didn't remember then he tried to act as if he made a mistake when converting dollars to pesos as if my husband and I wouldn't notice. Other than this issue the stay was great.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Tia T
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

For a beach vacation, this is perfect. The sand is white powder. The waves are constantly washing ashore with that perfect sound but not too choppy. We had great service by Juliana at the beach (the fresh coconut was great!). The pool was warm with many height levels for swimmers of all ages and abilities. We liked that there was no blaring music at any time in the beach area. Food was fantastic ranging from breakfast, lunch at the beach, to the Mexican restaurant in the hotel. If you want a party experience, just walk down to the clubs nearby.

Room Tip: Fourth floor or higher for better ocean view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sdeadulus
Santa Barbara, Carpinteria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Contrary to its name the Fiesta Americana is not a party hotel, but it is located walking distance from the clubs.

At the airport, we got distracted by what we thought were tourist information… just ignore and keep on walking unless you wanna buy or are interested in a timeshare.

We had already ordered a "share ride" pick up by Best Day which also offers deluxe tours for all your money. I gotta say the ride was nice and we were the only ones in the van.

Both the guy from the airport and the driver offered good info about places and restaurants, but I have already looked through a Cancun guide, so it validated what I read.

When we arrived we got greeted by the staff, very friendly. When we booked the hotel we opted for the credits rather than having breakfast every day. We were two girls, so this worked out great. We didn't use all the credits of course, but the ones we could use were nice to experience.

We had a book of coupons for Hydrotherapy x4, and one dinner x2, one breakfast x2, water for 3 days x2, coffee or tea x2 for 3 days, 1 drink x2, sparking wine, and tickets for the ferry to Isla Mujeres x2. There were other coupons for discount services (rental car and spa).

The spa coupons were at a 50% discount. We could still find cheaper services for the spa treatments outside the hotel (walking distance); even when, the Cancun guide said that the Zona Hotelera was an expensive place to shop for services and souvenirs.

Yes you can find cheaper things at Mercado 28 and indeed I found some things that were cheaper, but you can still get your souvenirs a the Hotel Zone without breaking your wallet.

Fiesta Americana offers tours also, but I wouldn't buy from them because they are really overpriced and guess what? it is the same service, the same bus that will pick you up if you buy it outside the resort.

Back to Fiesta Americana, we had the junior suite and it was a very nice room. The only thing that I didn't like about the hotel was that they had recently badly painted the doors of the rooms, so we could smell the paint once we stepped on our floor.

I have to mention the service is above and beyond. I forgot my charger for my iPhone 5, I was surprised they have chargers (not to take with you but to charge your phone at concierge).

I don't think this is the place to go solo, I heard about other resorts that cater to single people or traveling by themselves. This is not a place for family with kids (there are some kids activities), but if you are thinking on seeing your kid in the morning and pick him/her up at night, this is not the resort.

Fiesta Americana is a pretty quiet place, and the ferry to Isla Mujeres is just next door… unless, it is closed because the waters are rough, then you have to ride Bus R1 to the next ferry port, Playa Tourtuga.

One more thing, Cancun is pretty safe, don't be afraid to explore and make your money last longer (exchange to Pesos). If you come from the States, they give you even more special treatment because they know we tip… which I found annoying because they would tell you that service is not included and tips are not something you have to give. Tipping is different outside the US.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank chiquibabe
Pleasant Hill, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My daughter, 6 yr. old grandson, and I stayed again at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach, as we did exactly a year ago to celebrate her birthday. Our impressions were the same: excellent accomodations, very clean, on-site security made us feel very safe, staff extremely pleasant and welcoming and helpful, beautiful views. We requested the same room and got it. Only complaint was that one night only we heard music coming up from the lobby below until about 11 PM. Otherwise the hotel was extremely quiet. Lovely glass vases of gorgeous orchids throughout the lobby and again, the most impressive, well stocked breakfast buffet we have ever seen. We ate two nights at the La Joya restaurant and the ambiance was wonderful, service outstanding, and the food was very well prepared and tasty, price was reasonable for Cancun. Our room and bathroom were cleaned promptly every day, with lovely, soft white towels in abundance and a double shower head. One night we ordered room service and it arrived promptly on a folded up table, set with white linens, napkins, covers for all the plates, a candle, a red rose in a vase, but best of all, the food was really delicious. That was my grandson's favorite night! Big screen TV but we never turned it on, preferring the beautiful view of the Caribbean from our large balcony. The pools were clean and water just the perfect temperature. Beach is all white sand that never gets hot to walk on.The spa is gorgeous but expensive and we didn't use those services. Even the doorman went out of his way to greet us and ask if he could help every time we left the hotel. "It is my pleasure" is the response that all hotel staff give guests. Likewise it was our pleasure to stay there the second year in a row and we don't hesitate to recommend the Fiesta Americana. Hope we can return next year!

Room Tip: Fourth floor or up, ocean front rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Marlyn G
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked a last minute deal through Costco Travel (4 days/3 nights). Package included: Ocean-view room, daily buffet breakfast, and $1000 "passport" with coupons.

The short review:

Excellent service: 5+ stars all the way. Special call out to Alex and Pastor (Pool/Beach); Rocio and Oscar (Gem Spa); Luis (Front desk); Benigno, Roger (Breakfast Buffet)

Beach: 5 Stars
Gem Spa: 5++ Stars
Food: 4 Stars
Relaxation factor: 5++ Stars
Location: 5 Stars

We had an amazing time and it ranks as one of our favorite vacations. We will definitely be back.

For those that like the details, read on.

As other have mentioned, this is not an all-inclusive resort and classical music is played in the lobby area. There were very few noticeably drunk people at the pool/beach and the "spring break" feel is definitely not a part of the experience. There are children/families but the children were very well behaved.

Check in: We arrived at the hotel at noon and upon check-in paid to be upgraded to a master suite (Room 1075). Gorgeous room; huge bathroom with jacuzzi tub and dual-headed shower; and a wrap around deck with two lounge chairs and two upright chair to take in the spectacular views. If you can upgrade I highly recommend. Also, we mentioned this was our 17 year anniversary trip and were very surprised to have cake and champagne delivered the first night. A very nice touch.

Food: Lunch at Contoy was excellent (grilled fish and skirt steak). Lunch on the beach was good, but not the best (ceviche and shrimp tacos). Breakfast buffet was an excellent way to start the day - great coffee and plenty of options. Dinner at Gem Spa was excellent (very romantic and private).

Beach: Splurge and spend $50 to rent a bed on the beach. Very relaxing and they bring cold waters and towels as needed. We spent two days lounging and it was a highlight of our experience.

Gem Spa: Simply amazing. I've been to spas all over the world (India, Brazil, Thailand, Malaysia, Mexico and the US and have never seen a more beautiful set up). We did the hydrotherapy session twice. One thing to note (and it threw me off the first time) is that they separate men and women at the beginning (be prepared but relax knowing you end up in the gorgeous pool at about the same time). The journey takes you through a steam room, clay room, rain shower, sauna (my husband said the men's side didn't have a sauna but he didn't mind), ice room, jacuzzi, warm dipping pool, cold dipping pool, followed by a zig-zag walk over pebbles and river rocks in varying water temperatures (a bit painful but invigorating). They then escort you to one of the most amazing swimming pools I have ever seen - I could have spent all day there. I did not get a massage, but will splurge next time we come. The prices are high but there are discount coupons in the passport and you get to use the hydrotherapy rooms/pools afterwards.

Passport: Given we only had two full days we were not able to take advantage of all of the coupons in the Passport. We did use the following:
Hydrotherapy coupons (2)
Gem spa dinner coupon (highly recommend)
Welcome drink coupon
Dessert at Contoy
Champagne on the beach
Tequila tasting
Daily water and coffee service

The ones we didn't use:
Spa discount (2 $50 coupons)
Dollar rental car savings
Dinner discounts (various restaurants located on the property)
Water sport discount (2 $25 coupons)

All in all - it was a wonderful experience and we would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing get away.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank GASwissyMom
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

The staff here create a really fabulous guest experience. The Spa is totally amazing and I highly reccomend utilizing it while there. The food was also very good. The rooms were extremely spacious, clean and well-kept. Really a great property and a first-class experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends