“The best hotel in Cancun” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun

Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun
Ranked #8 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Ribeirao Preto, SP
“The best hotel in Cancun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

It is my third time in this hotel and always I am surprise with the beautiful place, the excellent service, the classic ambience decorated with natural flowers every day and the spotlight: tthe wounderful breakfast! Our reservation did not include it, but we bought cupons and we pay $21 each person a day. It is worth. I hope to come back in next year as i have done on the three last years.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Rachel B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This resort is located a bit from the airport but has a beach that is calmer than many others so good for swimming. The beach itself is a small but on a long strip. There is plenty of pool space and lounge chairs. The poolside service was excellent about helping you secure towels around your lounge chair. They have great drinks and service.

The breakfast buffet was fantastic every day. They have an area for local foods, Japanese foods, and so much more. The fresh papaya juice was incredible and so was the fresh tropical fruit options. The service was speedy and friendly. They remembered my name by the second morning.

The hotel rooms were spacious and had great views. Some rooms are NOT non-smoking so make sure you get a tell them you want a non-smoking room.

I spent a large amount of time in the spa each evening. The treatments were all fantastic and so was the hydrotherapy. I highly suggest it as a treat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with non-adjoining rooms if you want peace and quiet. I liked the 4th floor because...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank travellotus
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

had the most amazing week here - it is quiet, first class, beautiful, incredible staff, never feels crowded - and the service/attention to detail is amazing. There was nothing that they wouldnt help with - gracious, kind, and helpful. The rooms are gorgeous - beds so comfortable, gorgeous ocean views - couldnt rave enough about it.

Room Tip: all the rooms are amazing - dont worry about it!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Based on the reviews here, I confidently booked a 7 day/8 night trip for my family at the FAGCB and looked forward to the trip of a lifetime. The property was nice, and guests are accurate in their reports that the staff here does do their best to accomodate and please. The pool area was nice, but chairs filled up early daily. The beach was lovely, but small. Additionally, more than half of the beach is roped off for "Grand Club" members' chairs. Notably, I only saw a Grand Club member using this area 1 day out of our 8 day stay. So I felt that was a waste of beach space.

Upon check in, we were ushered to a lobby and offered food and beverage discounts for the week if we agreed to breakfast and a presentation. Needless to say, the presentation was in regards to a "vacation club membership" which was a glorified time share. After spending 2 hours of our first day here being inundated with pressure, my partner and I agreed to purchase. The next 3 days were spent worrying that we had made a bad decision, as we couldn't find any feedback from other buyers online except negative comments. There was a 5 day cancellation policy, and on day 3 we contacted the representative and told them we'd like to cancel. He asked to meet with us the following day to do this. At that meeting, the hotel manager also attended and of course started into another hour long high pressure discussion about why we should not cancel. They then asked that we attend another breakfast the following morning to discuss AGAIN and cancel THEN if we still wanted to. When we attended that breakfast and still planned to cancel, the rep left and met with us 4 hours later by the pool and AGAIN wanted to drag it out another day. I finally lost it and demanded that we submit our letter in writing at that moment with our intent to cancel.

All that to say: This vacation would have been fine, had I not spent the ENTIRE trip being pressured about this vacation club membership. I truly was unable to relax and unwind until the very last day of our trip, which was so disappointing to me. We have a medically fragile daughter and really look forward to doing our best to recharge on these trips since our home life is so stressful. I was really saddened at how robbed I felt of this opportunity. For that reason, we won't return.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank ChristyandCamille
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This time has been the best. Thanks to the whole staff close attention and excellent service.

The views from the Suite are spectacular (see pics)(I suggest this room!). the Brunch is the best way to go, I never wanted to leave the property. The beach service is outstanding, kept me hydrated the whole day :)

Always going to be coming back here, always.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David c
Oceanport, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I've worked in hotels for years so I know all the stores, complaints and things to look for. I had a very hard time finding anything wrong here! First trip to Cancun so I do t have anything to compare it to, but I think the location is great, beaches are nice and pools are perfect! We stayed in the west wing which I liked better so we didn't have to walk so far to get to the front desk, just had to go down the elevator!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pjennie16
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I'm a Sr. reviewer with 27 reviews of hotels around the world and this is the first hotel that I give a perfect 5 star rating. Service was impeccable. At least 3 maids came every day to our rooms to ensure the room was clean and properly served with food and towels. The swimming pools and the beach in front of the hotel are gorgeous. On a sunny day, it looks like God put a florescent light inside the sea! It really looks surreal! The breakfast was great too. The people working in that section memorized all my family members and were able to tell my parents whether I had an early breakfast and the approximate time I was there. This is pretty impressive considering the size of the hotel.

Besides the breakfast, I tried 5 restaurants at the hotel: the ones in the pool area were very good. The see food buffet served at night was very good too. The Mexican restaurant and the french bakery were okay at best.

3 Thank Cassio G