We just returned from our second visit to FAGCB. We were so impressed with our first visit last February that we wanted to return and bring our entire family. What a superb hotel!
Location: Situated on what is most probably the best beach in Cancun, FAGCB is perfectly located within easy walking distance to shopping, nightclubs and other good restaurants.
Facilities: Immaculate. Someone is cleaning something...constantly. Everything just sparkles. The marble floors, the lavish and extravagant fresh floral arrangements in huge copper vessels in the lobby and hallways, the spotless glass and brass...everything is perfectly clean at all times.
Rooms: Airy, bright and cool. Glorious ocean views with terraces and floor to ceiling glass patio doors. They are currently renovating some rooms to equip them with glass balcony walls to the views of the ocean will be completely unobstructed. Lovely.
The beds are simply the most comfortable beds in the world. Lovely soft and cool linens, heavenly pillows. Even my kids raved about how special the beds were.
The maid service is twice daily and they do a marvelous job keeping the room spotless and well stocked with towels and necessities. The kids loved the chocolates each night at turn-down service. The water pressure in the shower is terrific. The bathhroom/vanity area is very large with plenty of counter space. 4 people easily shared this room with no crowding isssues.
Restaurants: The pool bars offer lunch menus and the service is consistantly friendly and warm. Fernando at the Bikini Beach Bar will treat you so very well. Very gracious and professional gentleman.
The service at La Joya, the Mexican restaurant in the lobby was wonderful! We only stopped by there for dessert one evening and after dinner drink on another evening but other diners seemed very imperssed with their food. Desserts and coffees were delicious with one of the best large Mariachi bands we have had the pleasure to see.
Isla Contoya...in a category all by itself. A lovely, elegant open air restaurant on the beach with tremendous service, fresh from the ocean seafood and a romantic, tropical and carefree ambiance. One of the most beautiful seaside restaurants we have ever enjoyed. Fresh fish, shellfish, steaks, gourmet soups and starters, impressive wines and liquers (try the Tequila Creme with a cup of delicious coffee for an after dinner treat).
The guava empanadas were a nightly ritual for us.
The service was perfect every single time we visited. Not stuffy. Just very relaxing and elegant. The perfect beachside restaurant for those who love excellent food, wines and service.
There is a little "sidewalk cafe" where we bought delicious coffee and fresh warm pastries every morning for our walk on the beach. Nice way to start the day. Open at 630am.
Pools: Lovely and pristine. Lots of shallow areas for our young children to safely enjoy themselves. Waterfalls, bridges, swim-up bars and unique designs made the pool area a beautiful focal point of the hotel. The grounds are immaculate with fuschia flowers, coconut trees and beautifully manicured lawns.
Beach: Probably the best in Cancun. Although it is not a long beach, the sand is superfine white sugar. FAGCB rakes every morning and every evening. Lovely for strolls and shellcombing. The palapas are a nice place to seek the shade, open a good book, order a cold bebida and just enjoy the great life!
Spa: I had the sensitive skin facial following too much sun. It was 60 minutes of pure bliss. The spa is serene and very private. My therapist gave me the best massage and facial I have ever had. My skin glowed when I walked out. What a treat.
Business Center: Clean, well equipped and friendly. A breeze to log-on and check your emails.
All in all, the FAGCB us probably the best all around hotel our family has stayed at. We much prefer it to the Ritz Carlton. The atmosphere is warmer and the staff more genuine. The clientele are more at ease and relaxed as well.
Enjoy! We can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel rises majestically in the heart of Cancun’s entertainment district. The 602-rooms present with all the class of a fine European hotel, combined with the warm and gracious service that has made us famous. Our full-service spa, invite you to enjoy the endless relaxation and adventure. Fine cuisine is available in our nine restaurants and bars. Guests may also use the large outdoor pool along with a children’s club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort And Spa
- Grand Coral Beach Cancun
- Fiesta American Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Cancun Mexico