6,680 results
All reviews el mercado la bastille club tower dolphin pool candy shop zen spa trade winds french restaurant rooftop pool swim up room tequila bar tacos pyramid building all inclusive resort asian fusion butler service steak
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

This will be a review for the resort. I will tell you about the concerning events that occurred in the area during our visit but they in no way reflect on this excellent resort. Stayed for a week and to be honest you need 8-9 days. Where to begin, the resort itself and the rooms are exceptionally clean. A very large gym on site. The restaurants were all excellent. Room service was excellent as well (chicken parm and the filet are recommended). The small beach is recommended as opposed to the larger one on the other side of the resort. The dolphins being inside the resort and so close you could almost touch them from your room's patio area was great.

Now the negatives. These do not reflect on the resort one bit but did give us considerable pause during our stay and altered our usual vacation plans. The BPM festival shooting in Playa del Carmen happened our first night there and the grenade attack on the state attorney's office in Cancun happened the next day. Needless to say no excursions/venturing into town happened during the week. A nice reassuring touch were the noticeably added resort security personnel and the police presence near the resort entrance for the remainder of our stay.

I'm not naive to think crime doesn't happen in foreign countries but as you can see from my previous reviews I'm not new to Caribbean vacations and these two incidents were too close to home, so to speak. Nothing remotely close has happened in such close proximity during any previous trips. I always register my trip and location with the US State Department/ Consulate office on every foreign trip and this is the first time I received an email from the State Department telling me to shelter in place at the resort (code red).

I do hope that these type of incidents can be eliminated by the government as my family does enjoy vacationing in Mexico. The Ziva is truly a superb resort and it as well as the entire Hotel Zone will be unfairly affected by the negative publicity of the two attacks, and that is unfortunate.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Pat M
HyattZivaCancun, General Manager at Hyatt Ziva Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear Pat M,

It was a pleasure hosting you and thank you for your review. We appreciate it and are glad you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt Ziva Cancun; especially your accommodation, restaurants, gym, room service and the beach.

Unfortunately, as you know, the events taking place in today’s society are somewhat unpredictable and to some degree, out of our control. The situations you mentioned were isolated cases which were handled efficiently and quickly by the local authorities. That said, our guests safety and security remain our top priority and we have increased security as a result of this unpredictability. Our security team is here to make sure that your vacation remains an unforgettable one without being overly intrusive, which I’m happy to hear comforted you during your stay. I can ensure you that our commitment to our guests is unwavering and you remain our top priority.

With that being said, we would be honored to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

This was our 2nd visit to this resort. We usually don't go back to the some place but we did with this resort. Check in was fast and smooth. We were greeted with a drink of our choice and a bottle of sparkling wine in our room. We had a dolphin view room and enjoyed watching the dolphins and the trainers. We could also see the pool area and the ocean from our balcony. The room was perfect. The beds are comfortable. The maid service was great. The food and service were all exceptional. Carmella was a very good waitress at the brewery and Aleondro was great to us at the lobby bar and the Margarita bar. We enjoyed the daily poolside activities. We had a massage at the spa and received excellent treatment. We stayed for 8 nights and did not leave the resort because there was no reason to go anywhere else!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peggysueillini
HyattZivaCancun, General Manager at Hyatt Ziva Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear peggysueillini,

Thank you for your preference and loyalty, it was a pleasure to welcome you back to Hyatt Ziva Cancun.

It is very reassuring to read comments like yours, which confirm that we are truly living up to the our Evolution of All Inclusive. Our associates are dedicated to provide our guests with Service from the. Heart, and I will make sure that Carmella and Aleondro get to know about this great review

It surely will be an enormous pleasure to host you again.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I went back in mid February of 2017 with my 21 year old daughter. We first visited the Hyatt Grand in Playa del Carmen which was also amazing. First off the beach is just gorgeous. On one side you have calm waters with virtually no waves at all. On the other side the water is rough but nice to see the waves rolling in. The color of the water is that beautiful aqua blue color.

The service at this hotel is superb. When we initially arrived they tried to put us in a King size bed even though I had booked 2 separate beds. They made an adjustment, apologized for the mistake and we eventually we're able to go to our room. The room is modern clean and certainly big enough. There is a Jacuzzi outside on the balcony.

The first thing I noticed was the smell in the tower. As soon as the doors open it smells so good in the lobby.

This resort has numerous restaurants with American, French, Italian, Japanese/Asian and Mexican. I believe it may even have more than that. In any event you'll definitely find something you like! Everything was terrific. There is even a little food truck painted like a cow that serves hot dogs and quesadillas and a man occasionally comes out to server tortilla chips with shrimp, pico de gallo and all kinds of goodies. Don't leave your food at the table unattended. Gulls quickly snatched up our food when we looked the other way. It was funny though. Oh and I can't forget the candy shop. I'm into fitness and all that but I throw that out the door if I'm on a special vacation like this. The girls working there wear cute little colored wigs and there are all kinds of treats available including a chocolate fountain for strawberries and all kinds of gummy worms, runts, and pretty much any candy you can think of and they also sell about 8 different flavors of ice cream and even have cotton candy which I'd never eat but get a kick out of watching the kids order it and try and eat it. So yes I had the lemon cookie ice cream I think it was with white chocolate chips and whatever else I decided to put on it that day. It was delicious.

There are even trained dolphins in a long pool alongside the main pool if you want to ride one or play with them for an additional price. Then there is another pool on the other side of the hotel where the rougher waves are.

There is a nice red and white lighthouse where you can take pictures and so forth. It's expensive but worth it. You won't forget your experience here. It's like being on the best cruise ship but a thousand times better.

The gym is very good. I'd call it excellent if they had heavier free weights but whatever, I never see that in any hotel so I can't complain. I used the smith machine instead for shrugs instead of the dumbbells. It's a very modern, clean gym.

The location is excellent. You can walk to the Coco Bongo area and to the shops to buy souvenirs. I bought a nice little Dia de Muertos doll and a ceramic cat.

In closing the Hyatt Ziva is an amazing experience. I put the value down 1 star simply because it's not cheap and to some they may not consider it a good value. I'm sure, however, that if you ever stay here you will have the time of your life. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Get a true ocean view!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Eric L

Dear Eric L,

We are honored to receive such kind words from you, and to know that we managed to exceed your expectations fills us with immense joy.

Thank you for letting us know that you had an amazing vacation. It is sincerely gratifying to receive your positive comments regarding accommodation, food, gfitness center and our privileged location.

We will readily welcome you back soon!

Great new hotel
Food is better than most all inclusive I've stayed. Variety of entertainment . Beach is great, pools are fabulous.
Staff Is caring.
They have manage to offer a lot of choices in food and services.
Spa prices are a bit out of this planet.
I don't know who would use it. Doubt I saw anyone there

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Nodar J,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us, and for letting us know about the great stay you had at Hyatt Ziva Cancun.

I am very grateful to learn about that you liked the food quality and variety, together with entertainment, beach,pools and caring associates.

We hope to have the chance to host you again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I just wish the quality of food matched the high level of service. It seems that the chefs here figured out that Americans don't usually like really hot food and they thought that meant all spices and stopped using them. For 5 days, I kept seeing dishes that looked beautiful, presentations were artful, yet when you dig in they were as bland as cardboard. No flavor at all! i was very disappointed.
However, that is my only complaint here. The room was gorgeous, clean, and the extra touches were wonderful! the staff is friendly and helpful at every turn, even touching a hand to the heart to say "Ola" at every passing on the property.

Room Tip: Club building rooms had all day nibbles and wine as well as espresso machines in the rooms
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear gustinfs,

We were honored to host you, and are grateful for your comments, in which you are letting us know how much you enjoyed your accommodation and service provided to you by our friendly associates.

I am disappointed after reading that our food quality did not meet you expectations and sincerely apologize for that. Your constructive comment has been shared with our F&B Director, Executive Chef and their team, to look for areas of improvements.

We all hope that you decide to give us another chance during your next vacation, to improve the perception you took from Hyatt Ziva Cancun.