Club Med Cancun Yucatan
Sun Palace(Cancun)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
6,442 results
All reviewswater skiingcircus teamcar washjade buildingcrazy signschef de villagela haciendabeach boysflying trapezeland sportstennis lessonswaterski teamjade poolwake boardinglas cazuelasaqua gymsnorkeling area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

This is our second time to Club Med Cancun in past 6 years and now, as before, the food drinks and beach are very good. Staff super helpful. Easy to use sailboats tennis snorkeling. Drinks flow freely all day. Very family friendly for all generations.

Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank JohnW2015
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I just spent a week here with my husband and parents. This was our second visit and we'll definitely be back!

Activities are the main draw for us as a family. We all play tennis and the tennis program and GOs were a highlight of the week. Group lessons were a lot of fun and the private lesson was well worth the money. Water skiing was well run and first-timers are welcome. My parents snorkeled just about every day and saw a wide variety of fish. The beach is wonderful with plenty of chairs and umbrellas.

It was a little chilly and windy one day, but there are plenty of card tables set up around the main bar/pool area. Plus new ping pong tables! And the pool table is in the bar now, instead of tucked away in a corner, which was a nice move.

The night-time entertainment was mostly great (just one not-so-good show) and I appreciated the enthusiasm of the performers.

Food was consitently good. I love that there was more Mexican food this year! We love meat and veggies and there was plenty of variety to choose from. The two speciality restaurants were redecorated nicely, but I still prefer the food at the main buffet.

The rooms are totally adequate. We spent very little time in the room during the day because there is so much to do!

The staff was always friendly and welcoming. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EmilyV280
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Went as a couple and had a fantastic time! We took in all of the activities! This resort is great for singles, couples, families and you can do as little or as much as you want. There are always activities going on. We both did waterski, sailing, snorkel, tennis lessons, aqua gym in pool & ocean, gym exercise classes, fitness room, hammocks, beach walks, pool games, and despite it being outside my comfort zone I also did trapeze (once.) The shows at night were very fun & Aziz is hilarious!!! The food is very clean & great variety! If I had to criticize I would say I am not fond of how they follow you around in the gift shop. I am sure it is what they are told to do for sales but it has opposite effect for me. Also would be nice if more convenience & gift items were on display & less clothing. And the room needs better bathroom fan option. Otherwise my husband & I will plan to go again- he now wants to buy a waterski he had so much with them waterski team.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I am used to traveling, yet the treatment I received in this Club Med was certainly incomparable to any other place! Arriving there I was greeted with drinks and treated as a princess. Aziz, the chef of village, is lovely and is always trying to accommodate you in the best way possible! He never puts on a disappointed face and instead only tries to make your experience the best that he can. Carmelo, Clement, Hassan, and Ugo are other wonderful GO's that keep a smile on their faces and are pleased to meet your needs. These are only 5 of the hundreds of other people that compose the Club Med Staff! Everyone, and I mean everyone, including waitresses and room cleaners, are extremely sympathetic and caring! At first I was even shocked and kept on repeating that they are extremely kind, attentive and compassionate.

If I had to choose from all of the hotels I saw, there is no doubt it would be Club Med. This resort is the only one that is horizontal instead of being a dull building. Club Med occupies a huge area that allows for several activities including snorkeling, windsurfing, sailing, circus, skiing and mini club. It is perfect for everyone! A family that wants to enjoy its vacation and enjoy the several wonderful beaches and the perfect weather. A single adult can interact with the rest of the club members by dancing along and enjoying the funny performances offered every night! The GO's put so much effort by training that there is no way you wont like it. With friends you can spend the day on the hotel and participate in the many activities that go on as well as get a cab to the city to enjoy the nightlife of Cancun! Everyone knows the hotel and there is no way you will not enjoy your stay!

The room was perfect, colorful, tidy and the beds were always perfectly made and the room extremely clean. When I arrived there were animals created out of towels to decorate the room and schedules of the activities that were happening!

The food is the best of all!! Every single thing that is served is made from scratch! Every cookie, every bread and all the incredible pastries!! I did not believe it when I was first told, but it is true and the taste of fresh food is truly different! Every night there is a different theme and food varies according to it. There is such a IMENSE variety that it is impossible not to each everything! Furthermore, it is important to note that there are 3 restaurants: the main one, La Estancia and another one ! You will never be hungry since as soon as one closes the next one opens. There are many opportunities for you to eat including, breakfast, late breakfast, lunch, late lunch, dinner and even several little snacks spread around the campus.

Plus, don't worry if you want a more private space or a hotel that is less family and more luxury, the 5 trident space Jade is incredible and just what you need. With a private beach, pool, bar, and sleeping area, it is the best you can ever get!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Taboaco
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We just got back from this resort, and had a nice time despite a lot of unseasonal rain and high winds. We didn't see many reviews specifically addressing accommodations for toddlers or vegetarians, so that's what I will focus on:

Toddlers
-We traveled with our 18 month old child, and were happy to see a number of other kids her age at the resort. Although the kids activities are all geared towards older children, our daughter had a good time.
-She slept very well in the provided pack n play style crib; we did pad the mattress with an extra blanket. The blackout curtains were great.
-We didn't use the provided stroller very much, since our family suite was up a flight of stairs.
-There were nice Graco high chairs available, but some were in disrepair. There was always a selection of juices at the restaurant and bar. We were worried that dinner didn't start until 7pm, but we adapted easily.
-It would have been nice if sippy cups had been provided, since we didn't have a good way to wash ours.
-The highlight for our daughter was the baby pool. It is inside the mini club area, where she was welcome as long as we were with her. The water came up to her thighs, and there was an overhead shade. There was a chest with pool toys next to the big kids pool.
-There was NOT a "baby gym" at this club, despite what it says on the website.

Vegetarians
-There was a decent selection of vegetarian food in the main restaurant, but not in the specialty restaurants. The food here was not quite as good as at some other Club Meds. There was always a large selection of bread, cheese, pasta, soup, and fruits and veggies. There was often some tofu with basic seasoning.
-The restaurants had a lot of "kid food," although a lot of it was not very healthy (pizza, fries, etc.). Both of the specialty restaurants had the same kids menu consisting of this type of thing.

Overall, we enjoyed this family-friendly resort. I think that it might be more fun to come here with older children.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our lagoon view room in the Obsidiana building, which is just next to the kids club. It is in a nice central location, but far enough from the main bar/pool area to have quiet time. Make sure you get a ground floor room if you plan to use a stroller.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family