“Fantastic Family Resort! Perfect for couples with an infant.”

Club Med Cancun Yucatan
Ranked #20 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We spent 7 nights here with our 11 month old daughter and it was perfect. They provided a pack n play that was very clean with a white sheet. The provided a graco stroller that was also in great condition and clean. We could park our stroller behind the beach and just hang out all day. The buffet was great but the mexican restaurant and argentine restaurant were better. They picked us up in Suburbans at the airport and we were there in minutes. We got a babysitter at dinner time for 3 separate nights and while we were apprehensive at first their staff was very professional and it worked out great.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This was my third visit back to this property and Im happy to say I was not disappointed. Its always a risk returning to something you loved the time before especially at a Club med when staff turnover is high.
What is very consistent there is the outstanding beachfront property, warm water and decent food. I dont got to club med for fine dining and so Im probably fairly easy to please. The new Argentina steak house is a nice addition especially if you can eat outside along the water. We had no problem with reservations even though the hotel was full. Lunch at los conzeulos (spelling) was our daily highlight. Many options to chose from but lower key than main dining area and perfect water views. It is worth the daily walk over there. I especially liked waiter Jesus who went out of his way to get us our drinks and make us comfortable.
Most of our dinners were in the main restaurant and there were so many options to chose from starting with very healthy all the way to full decadence.

Aziz is still the chief of village and it was nice that he remembered me from prior trip last year. Some of the weekly activities had changed which was good- Mexican night evening entertainment was changed out. Soap sudz beach party was new and fun to watch and I enjoyed the reggae band on the beach. Circus acts were still top notch-new GO's were equally as good as prior troupe members. Battina as always, excellent and consistent with her laugh.
I really enjoyed dance classes with Jeff and Noe. Night time dancing was hit and miss. I was surprised how few hotel guests participated in activities after 11:00 pm. Clearly a result of the resort being so highly attended by families with young children. This was the biggest difference between last year and this year. Totally dependent on the week you attend and who else is there at the same time. Some late activity took place at the main bar which I did not enjoy as much as the chizpa location.
Natage, Aziz's assistant was extremely helpful and friendly. Rodrigo was energetic in evening entertainment and Zumba class!
All in all it was another great week at Club Med Cancun and I plan to return next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was our second stay at Club Med Cancun (please see my last year review). There were 5 of us (2 adults + 3 teenagers). At reservation time I asked for the same 2 rooms we had last years in the Ametista building and got them which was nice since we did enjoy the location. Like last year our maid Oriala did a great job keeping them clean and comfortable. Both the welcome and departure experience were excellent (thanks to Joe and Myriam.) Knowing the place we really enjoyed our stay and our kids were busy either at the Car Wash or with friends they made there. We really appreciated the maintenance staff who worked hard to keep that place spotless (beach included) all day. We had dinner at both Las Cazuelas (Mexican) and Las Estancia (Steak house) both were good but the steak was a little below my expectations in terms of meat quality. For us the best place food wise was La Hacienda due to the food selection with different theme buffet everyday (French, Asian, etc.), I would advice to check the week menu when you arrive on the white board near the Car Wash. While the food was always excellent (thanks to the excellent chefs), like last year the house wine was below standard (Aziz???): the worst was the rosé which tastes like madeira followed by the sparkling wine. The red and white are very average. I assume the goal is to entice people to buy their wine à la carte which would be fine if they had them in stock. We tried twice to order a better wine and they were out. Anyway from our perspective this was the only low point with our experience this year. Last year we did Tulum (1/2 day excursion) which was great and this year we did Eco-Coba: Coba Maya site in the morning, nice lunch on Tulum beach and swim in the underground river and cenote in the afternoon which was fantastic (not for young kids though). Kudos again to the excursion desk staff (Denis and team) and to the guides (Ludovic and Adriana). My wife and I also enjoyed the fitness center and classes (kudos to Ricardo who is always smiling and nice). Like last year the beach was great and relaxing. The Beach boys were great! We did enjoyed the shows especially the Michael Jackson's one (great job from the impersonator). We also felt that there was more shows on the beach than last year (e.g. Reggae one, the Bubble one) which was great. I know there is a lot of kids but that place is big enough to find a quiet spot if you want. So overall a very relaxing and enjoyable vacation.

2  Thank PixieSam59
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We could not leave feeling other than our money was well spent. The facility is the adage of real estate to the tee, location, location, location. The amenities are all you would ask for, the food excellent and plentiful. The staff will go to any extreme to satisfy your stay. The head ski instructor, Mami, (sp?), spent over 45 minutes of exclusive time in efforts to get my 13 year old son up on skis for the first time. My 12 year old daughter was "caught" on the trapeze four different times, and skied on a wake board by the end of the week, having never skied before! The front desk was helpful in all regards, and one GO, Paula Leclair, was delightful company at lunch, and very helpful with miscellaneous room issues. Overall, it was one of the best vacations my family ever had, and we have done Cruises with Disney, Royal Caribbean, and stayed at Beaches in Turks and Caicos, all of which we too loved. Dollar for dollar, the best money we have ever spent. We will probably return, and I consider this the best indications of satisfaction possible, after all, its a big world.

Room Tip: any room 1000-4000
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Fabulous beach, plenty of opportunity to snorkel, kayak and sail..
Rooms are adequate but the food at dinner is definitely weak,
Tasteless and big quantities but no quality...Breakfasts and lunches are fine and the cheeses and breads and fruits are excellent..I am very easy to please with food but I assure you even I couldn't find anything worth eating on 4 of the 7 nites..My wife and I said we will have to go back to Colorado to get some good Mexican food...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We've never done an all-inclusive beach resort before. We chose Club Med because it advertised teenage activities and hoped for the best. They truly delivered on all fronts. Sure, my husband and I had a fabulous, relaxing, decadent experience, but what truly made this a vacation for us was that our kids were so happy, entertained and active.

There is no wifi at Club Med (unless you pay for it, and apparently it's slow), so all day was spent socializing and participating in the activities. My daughter and my son have completely different interests, but both were excited to go off for the day with the group of kids. While my daughter was on the trapeze, my son had a pick-up basketball game. While my son was playing beach volleyball, my daughter was nearby on the beach with other girls. We saw them at breakfast, had sightings throughout the day, and then they came in sometime after the evening show. I never doubted their safety or what they were up to. An added bonus was that a huge population of guests was French, so they met some international friends and my son got to use his French a bit.

Club Med is on the very end of a long strip of hotels, but it is a lovely spot with varied terrain around the tip of its own peninsula. Obviously, the water sports are on the ocean side, but they have the additional feature of a calm lagoon where the water skiing takes place. Water skiing on open ocean is quite a challenge, so I was thrilled when it felt like more like a lake.

The rooms aren't anything fancy, but we were very comfortable. Having two adjoining rooms was ideal for the four of us.

My husband and I spent a couple hours a day at the beach, where it wasn't too hard to find an empty umbrella or cabana. We walked the beach early every morning and noticed other hotels' guests staking a claim on their lounge chairs, but it wasn't a problem at Club Med.

We took advantage of one of the excursions (to the Mayan ruins at Coba and swimming in the underground river) mid-week. The bus ride was long (just over 2 hours each way), but the destinations were well worth it. Between the two, Club Med provided an excellent buffet lunch at a place on the beach in Tulum. Our kids also liked the destinations, although were anxious to get back to their friends at the end of the day.

Having gone into this vacation wondering what the heck we were going to do on a beach for 6 days, we left feeling extremely satisfied with the entire experience. We felt that we all took advantage of the activities, but also had plenty of opportunity to "chill out". With the excellent and huge variety of food at every meal and the very friendly staff, we highly recommend Club Med Cancun.

1  Thank LissaJones
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Just spent a fabulous week at Club Med, Cancun. We've gone to several other club meds and enjoyed those vacations--but this one was the best by far. The resort is extremely well-run. The service is excellent. The GOs are friendly and enthusiastic--we especially enjoyed the water aerobics in the pool--much fun!! We four travelors ate a range of dishes from vegetarian to red meat. The food was uniformly well-prepared and well presented--and delicious! I think that another reason we all enjoyed this vacation so much was that the staff--bar tenders, cleaning staff, etc--all made us feel welcome. What a difference from the Club Med in Martinique where the food was mediocre and the staff made us feel as if we were intruding. If we could wish for one thing, it would be to improve the air conditioning--but that's very minor.

We definitely will return to this fabulous resort!

Room Tip: Our room was in the 6000's--perfect location. Close but quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends