“Great location”

Ranked #21 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Club Med Cancun was a good family vacation. The location of the club is great; the Mini Club staff is amazing but we were very disappointed in the front desk and the food. We were not happy with the buffet, compared to other club meds we went to, and wanted to try the Mexican restaurant; we were told at the front desk that reservations for the week start on Thursday at noon. We went to make a reservation on Thursday at noon as they requested and the restaurant was already booked. We were told that the restaurant opened up the reservations earlier that morning by mistake. No one was able to do anything for us (we informed Ugo of the issue since Aziz was on vacation). When we were leaving, I pointed to Amira, the reception manager, that there was not enough space for the 3 of us in the van (myself, my wife and my son); she briefly discussed the issue with the person handling the airport transfers who said that he did not have our son listed. Amira just smiled and said that my wife can sit next to the driver and my son can sit on my lap in the back.

We happen to be at the club in a week where the village chief and the executive chef were out on vacation. Some of management issues we noticed probably had to do w/ the fact that Aziz was out.

Room Tip: They do not have a price list at the photo shop; the price is different based on who you talk to. Th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hicham_C_71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (856)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My partner and I spent my birthday there with a group of friends and had more fun than we ever guessed. Wakeboarding every morning, windsurfing or playing other sports all afternoon - it was heaven since all the activities are included and unlimited - best deal I've ever seen for a resort in a gorgeous location. Food was excellent throughout the property and all-inclusive means no extra fees like on cruise ships. This place is a bargain... we are going back next year.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the lagoon facing rooms closer to the wakeboarding & water skiing area - it was quiet...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Paul L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

It was my third visit to Club Med Cancun and I enjoyed it very much. Excellent cuisine, magnificent location, beautiful rooms, great shows, friendly and capable staff, all mamaged by a grest general manager, Aziz.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Sevin H
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My partner and I just spent a week and a day at Club Med Cancun Yucatan and it could not have been better. From the moment we arrived at the resort we were greeted by name and were instantly in vacation mode. We stayed in the Jade area in a suite - this is definitely the way to go. Jonathan and Alana and the other G.O.s really know how to treat you. That's not to say the rest of the resort is not amazing as well, because it is. Everything is just so darn convenient. You want to snorkel or kayak for 10 minutes or 2 hours? Go ahead. Do a few backflips on the trapeze (don't worry...you're harnessed in) and then try some waterskiing before grabbing lunch and a poolside cocktail. We don't have kids, but the ones we saw were all smiling and having a great time…the parents too. They offer excursions (at a reasonable extra cost) to the local sites. We did the full day EcoCoba excursion which brought us to some Mayan temples and swimming in an underground cenote river. We were told by other guests that if we only did one excursion that this was the one to do. I don't disagree at all. I could go on and on. I look very much forward to our next trip there…I only wish it were soon.

Room Tip: Jade is the way to go if you can. The rooms are great and there is a private, beautiful, ocean view...
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We just came back from a three night stay and had a fabulous time. The rooms and service were both excellent. The Club Med has the best spot on the beach with both a great swimming beach and a snorkeling and sailing beach. Club Med's food was excellent. We were there in May and had the run of the place. We would definitely go back there and perhaps take our kids with us next time! Note that it was a great value during the low season but prices can be quite expensive during Christmas week and other school holidays.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Topacio building which is right on the good swimming beach at the end of the Cancun...
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

The best spot in cancun s beach area! Snorkeling area, lagoon area, awesome beach! The staff is amazing! The food is very good! I would say the food is delicious! Many activities canoing, snorkeling, water gym! Awesome! The room are really average I was at the lagoon view, very far from the beach and from everything! I would suggest to spend more and take a sea view! if they had decorated the room the place would have been excellent. Anyway room are clean, so overall I would say go to this resort!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank dave19764
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was my first Club Med experience, and it certainly won't be the last. For those who are not familiar with Club Med, it's not exactly your typical all-inclusive experience. Most all-inclusives offer the same types of activities that Club Med does: water aerobics, sailing, etc. but no one does it with the same spirit that Club Med does. The G.O. team was really something....I cannot remember the last time I was around a group of such genuinely positive, happy, energetic people. It was wonderful to be around so much positive energy.

Much has been said about the location of this resort, so I won't belabor it....but it really is the best, most unique location in Cancun. Instead of being sandwiched in a high-rise resort on the busy main strip, you are tucked away on an idyllic peninsula so that you are truly getting away from it all. The resort itself, while beautiful and offering many amenities, is older. If you are looking for a flashy mega resort with multiple pools, lazy rivers, etc. you won't find it here.

We stayed in Jade, and the resort was very quiet during our week: I would say it was less than half full. So, my review is from that perspective.

1) Jade: was spectacular! It truly felt as though we were staying in a private villa of sorts, with a beautiful pool and oceanfront "back yard" just outside our door. The bar was lovely, as were the cabanas and seating areas. The rooms in Jade are the same as the deluxe rooms in other areas of the resort (unless you get a suite, which is quite a bit more money). The rooms are older, but clean and somewhat updated. Comfortable beds, good towels. Keep in mind that as nice as Jade is, this is still a moderately priced all-inclusive resort, so adjust expectations accordingly. We had nothing but wonderful, warm service from start to finish. I cannot say enough about the Jade pool staff...the bartenders, the servers, all were wonderful. We tipped well at the end of the week, but obviously would have received the same service even had we not tipped at our departure. We loved the room service menu, which they will serve to you poolside. Although the menu consists of salads, sandwiches, and a few desserts, all were delicious and well-prepared. We loved the nightly champagne aperitif. You can also have coffee and breakfast delivered to your room. The cocktails were well above those served in the rest of the resort (which were fine, but produced on a much larger scale so not quite as good). For the "resort within a resort" feeling, food, drinks, and personal service, Jade was worth every penny. Wifi was also included, which was nice.

2) Beach: beautiful. The main part of the resort (away from Jade) has the wide, sandy beaches. Not much new to say here that hasn't been said already.

3) Main pool: didn't use it. It is not the largest pool I've seen at an all-inclusive, so if you are "pool people" you may be disappointed.

4) Food: best I've had out of 4 all-inclusives I've stayed at. Don't miss the "gala" theme night at the buffet. Foie gras, duck, fresh fish, beef wellington, French cheeses. The steak house was pretty good....again, at an all-inclusive, adjust your expectations. The Mexican restaurant was my favorite. It is on the other side of the resort, so I think a lot of people don't know about it. It is in a big thatched-roof space right on the water. Don't miss the late lunch buffet from 1 to 4 p.m., the best views, outdoor seating, and tons of freshly prepared salads and Mexican specialties. At night, the menu is more "upscale" Mexican, including lobster.

5) Entertainment: I've always found the entertainment at all-inclusives to be pretty campy, and Club Med is no exception. It's amateur entertainment, but the G.O. team makes it special and thus more entertaining than your usual shows at other resorts.

6) Activities: tons of them. See other reviews. If you want, there is something to do from morning to night. The tennis program is especially good, with morning lessons for beginners, intermediate, and advanced each day. Aqua Gym with Karim in the ocean is a lot of fun, don't miss it!

We enjoyed ourselves so much that we didn't even think about leaving the resort once all week! That is the mark of a great resort, and great vacation.

4 Thank SunLvr101