“Very good hotel”

Ranked #13 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
New York, New York, United States
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a descent not "all-inclusive" hotel. The staff is incredibly helpful and nice. White-sand beach and turquoise ocean. Both are clean.

Relatively cheap prices. They can serve your breakfast at the beach, which was definitely a nice thing to have. They also have a breakfast buffet, which was ok. I prefered to have my breakfast at the beach though.

This hotel is perfect if you are staying with the kids, there are no waves; the ocean is extremely calm and shallow, which is ideal for the small ones.

We took a local bus (which is very very convenient) and rode to one of the public beaches (next to Iberostar), there are huge waves, lifeguard, showers, WC, etc. It is also clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Natalie K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 June 2014

While the hotel is well located, the overall look and feel of the hotel was a little jaded and needs an upgrade to come upto the InterContinental standard. The hotel was conveniently located near shopping complex, which included travel agents for booking the tours.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rajeevmadhu
Nathalie U, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Ki’imak-k’in rajeevmadhu,

I thank you for taking your time to let us know your views from your stay.

Our resort opened in 1976 as the third resort in Cancun. Being one of the firsts gave us the opportunity to have our superb location with its amazing beach. We concluded the full refurbishment of our deluxe rooms in 2010 and we will soon have great news to share!

I thank you for your visit and your loyalty to our brand. Please let me know on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when you have plans to visit Cancun again.

Peekskill, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is the second time we enjoyed staying at the InterContinental Presidente in Cancun. The staff, the beach, the location, all make this hotel an excellent choice. We particularly love the long stretch of pristine beach, and the many opportunities to exchange pleasantries with staff while ordering excellent tequila and eating some of the best ceviche in town! We will be back next year, same time, same place.

1 Thank Lori S
Nathalie U, General Manager at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Ki’imak-k’in Lori S,

Greetings from “tu casa” en Cancun!

We are honored that you have made our resort to your home in Cancun and we cannot wait to have the opportunity of welcoming you back. We will look after your spot on the beach, make sure that we have plenty of ceviche in house and hopefully some nice surprises as well!

Once again, I thank you for your loyalty to both the brand and us. Please let me know on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when you have the dates for your 2015 vacation.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is located on a beautiful stretch of white sand and waveless ocean. The water greets you with a smile as does the staff at reception. I throughly enjoyed my stay here.

The property is far enough away from the hussle and bussle of the ridiculous night life that Cancun is famous for (a big bonus for us). The rooms were a generous size and the chocolate provided during the turn down service is delicious, PS, the shower is HEAVEN!

The staff were always happy to help. There is a couple of local eateries if you turn right as you leave the hotel, there is also a supermarket. If you are a member of the IHG club, then you get free wifi which makes life a little easier when trying to research POI.

Truly, the perfect welcome to Cancun, You won't be disappointed.

2 Thank Rohan E
Ki’imak-k’in RPKE,

I thank you for sharing your experience from your stay at our resort! I am pleased to read that you had a relaxing and quiet stay at our superb beach. We take a great pride of being a non all-inclusive resort where our guests still have the possibility to find a place to disconnect.

Our deluxe rooms were renovated in 2010 and I am glad you enjoyed your room. I totally agree with your comment of the shower experience. A lot of our guests use our resort as a base to discover the Yucatan peninsula and I always recommend them to have a chat with our concierge Adolfo. He really knows a lot of POI that will take you behind the touristic scenes.

The whole staff and I thank you for your visit and loyalty to our brand. Please drop me a note on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The beach is very clean. Hotel is comfy and our room was on 3 d floor facing the gardens pools and the water. New bathroom and marble shower. Restaurants were not as good and service was not friendly. Use the gym and go for a breakfast

Room Tip: stay on the higher floor
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dalsora68
Ki’imak-k’in dalsora68,

I appreciate your time to drop us a comment from your stay. I am sad to read that you had a negative experience from our restaurants. This is not the experience that we aspire to offer our guests and I would be very thankful if you could send me a mail to nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com with more details of where we failed in our service.

I thank you for your visit and please let me know when we would have the pleasure of welcoming you back again!

Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Most hotels in Cancun have either a great beach and a so-so pool or a great pool and so-so beach. This one definately has the best of both. Very neat and clean and offers impeccable service. if you visit here, I highly recommend that you ask for Alen and or Eleazar for drink and food service at the beach or pool. Both are extremely friendly and professional. They would have our table at the beach ready and waiting with our drinks for us everyday. Housekeeping and room service were also excellent. If you need a driver, insist on Jorge at the valet. I highly advise the Lobster Thermidore for dinner. The best EVER!!

Room Tip: Get the ocean view!!
2 Thank Peter W
Ki’imak-k’in Peter W,

Sunny greetings from Cancun!

Thanks for sharing your views from your stay at our resort.

I liked the way you described our beach and pools compared to all the other resorts that are available to choose in Cancun. Our location is a real plus. When it comes to the quality of the beach, sand and calm waters, it is only our resort and our neighbor, which in 1976 was one property, which offer this experience. We are fortune to have a large plot of land, where we have the luxury of two separate pools (one adult pool and one family pool) and henceforth more space for our guests to enjoy the sun. There are plenty of newer resorts with modern acclimatized infinity pools but most of them have shadows from their own hotel and neighboring hotels. There are very few like us that offer sun from first rays to sunset. So I believe you really expressed the uniqueness of our location.

I am pleased to read that the service was to your liking and specially that you took the time to mention Alan, Eleazar and Jorge by their names. On behalf of the whole team, I thank you for their recognition. I will also let our Chef & B, Ruben Sesma, know that you approved his Lobster Thermidore recipe!

I thank you for your visit and please let me know on nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when we have the pleasure to welcome you back to our resort.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely a fantastic hotel. Its in a prime location in the hotel zone. Its not an all inclusive hotel, which is what we wanted, to be away from the trashy resorts that have drunken college
Students everywhere with terrible music pumping day and night. The beach is perfect, much more beautiful thany anywhere else along the strip, the pool and bar are also great. The restaurants have good food at very reasonable prices.We only booked a standard room but they upgraded us to a lagoon view when we arrived. The hotel service was excellent, they sent complimentary wine and strawberries to our room. Unless you pay top dollar for the club ocean rooms, all the rest dont have balconies.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SarahAmyReid
Ki’imak-k’in SarahAmyReid,

I appreciate your time to share your review of your stay.

As you rightly mentioned, our resort is non all-inclusive and we are proud to still offer a quiet and relaxing atmosphere in Cancun for people to disconnect during their vacations. The beach is famous for its soft white sand, calm waters, large amount of palm trees, plenty of thatched sun umbrellas and sunbeds and most important sun from morning to sunset.

I am glad to know that you found your room, facilities and service to your total satisfaction. Do not hesitate to contact me at nathalie_urban@grupopresidente.com when you plan your next visit.

Thank you for your visit and recommendation!