“What a treat!”

Ranked #14 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Oslo, Norway
“What a treat!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Only good things to say about the way this hotel is run. Great staff, nice rooms, good privileges/perks (should mention I'm part of the IHG with high status), nice property and sunbeds. If anything; the designated bathing area is too shallow. The water wIll only reach above your knees.
We only had three days here (two nights) but could happily have stayed longer.
Also free parking for your car.
Still I prefer other parts of Mexico to be vacationing but if I'm back in Cancun's hotel zone, I will return to this hotel.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank great_squasher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The staff here treated my wife and in-laws and me as if we were royalty. We loved our stay here in paradise and will return. Thanks to Adolfo the Concierge and Ruth Arias for their excellent service. Make sure to spend the extra cash and stay in the club level. Miguel cooks awesome breakfast and Gregario waits on you hand and foot. Thanks All!!

Room Tip: Club level
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Rlath82
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Fabulous couples getaway! Perfect location (beach, shopping and restaurants), two pools (even adults only), terrific food, wonderful service, executive level worth the money, ocean or lagoon view is fantastic. We honestly can't wait to go back. We also hear the hotel is undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation this fall, so it should be amazing by winter.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kraig P
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at the Presidente on our last night of our vacation and couldn't have asked for a more perfect end to the trip. The hotel rooms are nicely appointed and I really liked the sliding plantation shutters in the bathroom that allowed you to see the ocean while brushing your teeth or taking a shower.

The stretch of beach the hotel is home to is the best in that area and there is plenty of welcome shade if needed.

Best of all is the service, Javiar and everyone else at the Deck Bar and Smoothie Station went out of their way to be sure we were happy.

Only negatives for me were the temperature of the pools (too warm to be refreshing) and the slickness of the pool area -- saw a woman slip and hit her head.

All-in-all highly recommend a visit and would definitely would go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura S
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Rooms were great, gorgeous views, great food. Staff was helpful and friendly but there were a few errors at check in and a billing error at checkout but nothing out of the ordinary. Great location and excellent recognition of IHG Rewards members. I would definitely highly recommend staying here. It was one of my best stays ever in Mexico.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike E
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here June 6th thru June 13th and we absolutely loved it!! From the time we checked in until the time we checked out we were treated impeccably... First of all this is the perfect location.. It's close enough to walk to downtown (10 minutes) but far enough from all the crowds.. The beach is ABSOLUTELY beautiful. My daughter and I had to force our selves to leave the property... Both pools were clean and beautiful.. The beach area with the cabanas was clean and well kept up.. The food was very good and many times we chose to eat on the property instead of venturing out. We first checked into a garden floor room that had a patio but it had no view.. We requested to be changed and they did so with no problem whatsoever.... ALL of the staff there was so friendly and so helpful... Martin who brought my coffee to me on the beach was friendly and welcoming every morning... Jose at the bar on the beach was also incredible... He was quiet at first but once my daughter and I got him talking he was very nice and friendly.. I didn't get any other staff names but as I said EVERYONE was so helpful and friendly... I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!!! I wouldn't stay ANYWHERE else but here..
Jose I"m practicing my Spanish!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jacquelyn C
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I traveled to the Intercontinental for 5 days in late June so that I could attend some hotel industry meetings which were held there. As a hotel executive with high expectations, I must say that I can be a tough critic, but our experience was fantastic. The hotel is large enough to offer the amenities a traveler would expect from a 5 star hotel, but not so huge to be overwhelming like many of the resort hotels in Cancun. The room was simple but comfortable, (although the bedding was a bit too firm for me), and the beach fantastic with plenty of palm trees for shade, beach food and beverage service, and watersports. However, the most impressive part of our stay was the surprisingly friendly, attentive service and the amazing food from all outlets. In my 5 days there I did not come across a single team member that failed to greet us with a smile and a sincere Good Morning, Good Afternoon, etc. The food was simply delicious and far surpassed my expectations. Although not an all-inclusive resort, the prices for meals and drinks were reasonable, and the quality superior. I would recommend for business, couples, or families with younger children. If you are looking for a heavy-drinking, loud music, and party-oriented resort, you may wish to look elsewhere, but the Intercontinental is an ideal location for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple