“Exceeded My Expectations”

Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort
Ranked #15 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. I emailed ahead of time to request a dinner reservation on the beach. Adolfo confirmed with me (prior to my arrival) that the reservation was made. First impressions mean so much!

Upon arrival the gentleman that checked us in was very courteous. I also had the opportunity of meeting Adolfo during the check in process.

We loved our suite on the sixth floor and beach was amazing.

The GM introduced herself to me during the checkout process and was also very nice. She advised the hotel would be renovated and invited us back next year. My husband and I would love to return next spring/summer for a few days.

Room Tip: The sixth floor suite was a winner! Be sure to have dinner on the beach at the on-site restaurant.
1  Thank FELICIA W

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at this wonderful hotel. Rooms are super clean, the friendliest staff, specially:
Roberto Ucan and Javier from the restaurant at la playa, Sharim and
Fabian from Comedor Caribeño, Andres and Javier from the lobby bar and last but not least Susana from housekeeping.

There are 3 things we felt needs some attention...
Wifi (poor reception).
Entertainment..the hotel has the room by the lobby bar to have some music and a little dancing, this would make customers want to stay at the hotel and at the same time benefit the bar.

The customer service at the hotel needs to pay more attention. at customer's requests...my husband and I were waiting for friends to call us and let the receptionists know if there was an incoming call to our room to let us know (we were waiting in the lobby) our friends called 5 times and we were not notified. Other than that the hotel was great!!!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sonia F
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Only good things to say about the way this hotel is run. Great staff, nice rooms, good privileges/perks (should mention I'm part of the IHG with high status), nice property and sunbeds. If anything; the designated bathing area is too shallow. The water wIll only reach above your knees.
We only had three days here (two nights) but could happily have stayed longer.
Also free parking for your car.
Still I prefer other parts of Mexico to be vacationing but if I'm back in Cancun's hotel zone, I will return to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank great_squasher
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The staff here treated my wife and in-laws and me as if we were royalty. We loved our stay here in paradise and will return. Thanks to Adolfo the Concierge and Ruth Arias for their excellent service. Make sure to spend the extra cash and stay in the club level. Miguel cooks awesome breakfast and Gregario waits on you hand and foot. Thanks All!!

Room Tip: Club level
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Rlath82
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Fabulous couples getaway! Perfect location (beach, shopping and restaurants), two pools (even adults only), terrific food, wonderful service, executive level worth the money, ocean or lagoon view is fantastic. We honestly can't wait to go back. We also hear the hotel is undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation this fall, so it should be amazing by winter.

1  Thank Kraig P
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at the Presidente on our last night of our vacation and couldn't have asked for a more perfect end to the trip. The hotel rooms are nicely appointed and I really liked the sliding plantation shutters in the bathroom that allowed you to see the ocean while brushing your teeth or taking a shower.

The stretch of beach the hotel is home to is the best in that area and there is plenty of welcome shade if needed.

Best of all is the service, Javiar and everyone else at the Deck Bar and Smoothie Station went out of their way to be sure we were happy.

Only negatives for me were the temperature of the pools (too warm to be refreshing) and the slickness of the pool area -- saw a woman slip and hit her head.

All-in-all highly recommend a visit and would definitely would go back.

1  Thank Laura S
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Rooms were great, gorgeous views, great food. Staff was helpful and friendly but there were a few errors at check in and a billing error at checkout but nothing out of the ordinary. Great location and excellent recognition of IHG Rewards members. I would definitely highly recommend staying here. It was one of my best stays ever in Mexico.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple