“Loved this hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Oakville, Canada
“Loved this hotel”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

One of our best vacations. Hotel was spotless and excellent service from all the staff. Food was great, however I would avoid the Japonise Restaurant, due to the food being overlooked. Both the pools as well as the beach were kept clean.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Camilla C
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cancun, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your vacation experience and your impressions of IBEROSTAR Cancun.

It is for us a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the installations and the services during your stay.

We look forward to host your next vacations for you to spend with us another special holiday.

Sunny Regards,

IBEROSTAR Mexico

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,024)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
NYC
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Iberostar Cancun.

This was our third stay at an Iberostar property and third time at an all inclusive on the Riviera Maya, and the Iberostar Cancun has been by far our favorite hotel so far.

We had a room on the 6th floor- it's definitely worth it to splurge on a room with a balcony- these are set a bit further from where the nightly entertainment is, and thus quieter. We still could hear noise from the entertainment in our room, though sleeping with white noise helped in this regard. The room itself was a nice size with a separate room for the closet. The view overlooking the pool and ocean was gorgeous. And maybe as a perk of booking an upgraded room, they threw in free wifi- which worked everywhere (pools/beach/restaurants etc.).

We were traveling with our two children (4months and 3 years) and very much enjoyed our stay. Some highlights:

the pools are all pretty shallow, other than the infinity pool. This was a huge relief as we didn't have to constantly worry about our toddler jumping into pools, as she's prone to do. The kiddie pool itself is the best we've seen yet- a good size with slides and pirate ship. She loved it. The con was that people would "reserve" chairs seemingly overnight- we'd head over at 8am and many of the chairs in the shade were already taken with towels. People themselves only showed up hours later, which was really annoying. The hotel should do something about this.

the kid's club was fantastic- although at 3 we couldn't leave her there unsupervised, we stopped by for several of the activities and sometimes to get out of the sun, and our daughter loved it. Susana the Star Friend who works in the kid's room is excellent- really good with kids and great energy.

the food in the main dining hall was really repetitive- most AIs seem to atleast try out themes, here the food at every breakfast, lunch and dinner was 90% the same menu. The pro though is that the food is actually pretty good- we really enjoyed the fresh fish and tacos and salsas. And the dessert chef is really talented- the sweets were excellent!

the Staff are truly exceptional- so many of the wait staff at the dining spots/bars were super friendly, attentive and worked so hard to keep everything so clean. I wish they'd add a few more waitresses around the pools as it always took too long to get a drink.

With 2 kids on hand we didn't leave the property and yet we were able to really enjoy ourselves. We've found at some other properties that there's a lack of acitvities but here in the evenings before/after dinner the lobby bar was always buzzing and often had live music. The shows at the theatre also seemed pretty well attended- we attended the kids program daily at 8pm due to our daughter enjoying it so much.

the hotel is literally a 10 minute drive from the airport. With two kids in tow, this was very welcome! We hired the private taxi at the airport, which was 70$ including pick up which felt like a rip-off given it was a 10 minute ride. But the convenience was what we were paying for.

the beach is stunningly beatiful- the water so blue and the sand fine and white. There were always chairs/umbrellas available.

A few minor cons:

the a la carte restaurants in our experience weren't worth it- we tried the Mexican one and the steak house. The Mexican was basically the items that are served at the buffet. It was edible but nothing special. The steakhouse on the other hand was terrible- my tenderloin was leathery and inedible. The sides were stale and not appetizing. We left here and went back to the main buffet.

we had a problem with our room key card- we'd trek up to the 6th floor with two kids in tow and usually find that our key card didn't work. We had to have them "re-program" it atleast once/twice a day. They sent someone to check it out and claimed there was no issue. Wasting 10 minutes with tired/hot kids waiting in the halls while one of us rushed back to the lobby was an annoyance. We were also frustrated that the front desk staff didn't seem to think it was a big deal and never once apologized.

the property feels a little dated- the pool area, dining areas felt updated but the room was a bit outdated. There were stains and the floor/tub seemed old. The bedding also was a bit old and not as luxurious/comfortable as at other properties

Overall, we loved the property. We've tried a few and never found a place we wanted to return to. We're already planning to return here next year!

Room Tip: We had a balcony ocean facing room on the 6th floor- great view and on the quieter side.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ltowngirl
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cancun, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff at IBEROSTAR Cancun, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are honored to hear that you had a great vacation. It motivates us to continue improving to know that you have felt like a star at IBEROSTAR.

We will let our staff know about your nice comments, especially Susana since she has formed part of your fabulous vacation.

We regret the situation with chairs by the pool and beach area; please know we are working hard on creating awareness on our guests to make this a fair and accommodating situation.

Once again thank you for your preference; we will be waiting for your next vacation in this your second home in Cancun.

Woodbridge, Ontario
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had to change my room because there was red sediment in the shower water and toilet. The room I got facing the pools was better and newer than the North wing. Besides that everything was excellent. I went on this trip alone something I won't probably do again. There were many kids & family's and young couples. Not a place to meet singles or party groups. So if your looking to relax at a great spot this would be a good choice!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank hertzme
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff at IBEROSTAR Cancun, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you consider us to be a nice place to relax.

We appreciate your preference and we will waiting for your next vacation in this your second home in Cancun!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2014

If you are considering a trip to Iberostar Cancun, you will find it a little older, but a very beautiful place to stay.
Positives:
Every place is clean. Staff works hard at keeping your room, the community areas and restaurants clean. The beach is fantastic. I've stay at five other places in this area, Iberostar had absolute beast beach front I have stayed at in Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Isla Mujeres and Cozumel. The pool area is also nice. You have to be an early riser to get a chair with shade, but there are still plenty of chairs, particularly by the beach. You might not have the quickest service, but someone will come by to get your drink order and refresh them though out the day. If you get tired of the sun, there is area with a couple of hammocks in the shade. I thought the main buffet restaurant had an excellent variety of food. I also ate at the Gourmet, Japanese and Steak House. Japanese was my favorite. If you intend on taking a child between 4-12, you will find they will love the Kids Club. I don't have children that age, but I saw them walking the beach in pirates clothes and having water fights with water guns in the pool in an area away from most of the adults. The children's program hostess, Susana, seemed be a favorite. During the evening shows, the children would consistently run up to her to let her know they were there. DON'T miss the evening shows, particularly the magic show it's a Las Vegas quality show. The Broadway show was also excellent. The band and singers were fantastic.
Only negative: Rooms are small. But we were hardly in them.
Helpful hints:
FYI, you can only make two speciality restaurant reservations at a time. When we finished dinner at the first specialty restaurants, we went to the concierge and received reservation the 3rd restaurant without any problems.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and for choosing IBEROSTAR one more time.

We are honored to hear that you had a great vacation and that you enjoyed our food and facilities as well as our great shows performed by our animation team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to pamper you and provide you with another excellent stay!

Bowmanville, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Don't even know where to start, this place was so great. From Buffets-A la carte- beach -relaxation -drinks all around great. Service was very good, hotel was very clean. If you and your wife/girlfriend want to go relax and enjoy a week together this is 100% the place for you. depending on the rooms they're average. everything else is just extraordinary. the beach was so clean and so nice. room service food you can tell is just from what's left from the buffet, but still good enough for all inclusive food. workers are so kind and pleasing, they just want to make sure you're having a great time and can't thank you enough for coming. definitely coming back with my wife and kids.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with anything here, pick this place for sure! people above and beside you can ma...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We are glad to know you experienced an amazing time at IBEROSTAR Cancun.

Thank you for your comments on our food, the relaxing environment and our kind and pleasing staff members. Our main goal is the satisfaction of our guests.

It is good to know you are already thinking on coming back with your family, it will be a pleasure to have you with us again!

Kind regards,

New York City, New York

Hey Everyone,
I never ever post reviews but i have to give me review of this amazing Resort. We just got back from 5 days at this resort with my Husband and 2 Kids (10months and 2). From the moment we pulled up to the moment we got in the shuttle to leave we were treated like royalty. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. The Food was amazing, the room and grounds were so clean and again amazing. We have been to a few All Inclusive resorts but this surpassed anything else. The pools were huge and never overcrowded. We generally had the whole pool to ourselves in the mornings. Then in the afternoon it would get a nice crowd. Our kids had a great time playing in the pools. The swim up bar was grat fun and had great services. The Cocktails were really good too. There cocktail waitress was always close by to bring you a drink. There was never a shortage of pool chairs or even umbrellas. We even got one of the Lounges 1 day LOL. The Beach was so nice too but we mostly stayed by the pool as the waves were big. There is plenty to do with kids and they are very accomodating in the restaurants. We had no problem booking specialty resturaunts. We had great fun at the kids show at night and really enjoyed chilling at the lobby bar when the kids napped. Overall everything about the trip was amazing and even my husband said he wished we had have stayed longer. He is usually ready to leave everywhere aftet day 2 LOL. Iberostar Cancun please keep up the good work and we will see you next year.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor and it had a balcony. It was perfect. we even got to watch a wedding...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback, and for taking the time to share with us your experience and impressions about our resort. It is gratifying to read that you enjoyed your vacations and that our staff was able to make your stay memorable.

We hope this is just one of the many experiences you will have with us. We look forward to welcoming you back the next year!

Best regards,

IBEROSTAR México
El Segundo
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have had a lovely time at the Iberostar Cancun. Our oceanfront villa is spectacular and we are very happy that we booked that room. However, after having eaten at the buffet for the last three nights, we were looking forward to our meal at the Gourmet Restaurant. (Please note that we checked in on Saturday and Tuesday was the first night that we could get a 7:00pm reservation at the Gourmet Restaurant that wasn't 8:30pm or later.) In a nutshell, don't bother - gourmet it is not! However, three out of four of our meals were okay. My husband's lamb ribs which he requested medium was medium-well to well-done but was good. My daughter's shrimp and my son's steak were good, but my steak, which I ordered medium and which was given to me well-done and which I could hardly cut, was essentially inedible. Nobody ever asked us how our food was, so when the waiter took my plate and I told him that my steak was terrible, the waiter just said he was sorry and did not ask if he could bring me something else. So here I am sitting at the buffet again, enjoying a cup of coffee since no one bothered to ask if I wanted one at the so-called Gourmet Restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience and your impressions of IBEROSTAR Cancun.

It is good to know you liked your room and found it comfortable.

We are sorry about the inconveniences experienced at our Gourmet restaurant. Please know that our Executive Chef works hard to provide our guests with the best quality meals and we have constant training sessions with our personnel in charge of customer service. We will share your comments with our food & beverage Manager in order to make sure that everyone is working up to standard taking the correct care of our beloved guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to provide you with a more pleasant stay and change your impressions for more favorable ones.

Kind regards,