“Impressive As Always - A detailed review of what to expect.”
Review of Sun Palace

Sun Palace
Ranked #8 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Just a warning - this is a pretty long review (sorry), but hopefully it's useful info. I know it's all info I would have wanted for my first stay. For what it's worth, my wife and I love Sun Palace. We've stayed there numerous times and we always try to bring other couples with us to share the Sun Palace “experience”. I'm 46 and my wife is 40 we live in Vegas and travel often.

Sun Palace is located at the Southern End of the Hotel Zone, which means it's a short trip from the airport, or to Moon Palace, but you will need to take a cab or bus to the Center of the Hotel Zone if you want to experience a little more of what Cancun has to offer. Cab fare is usually around $12US to anywhere in the Hotel Zone. Also, many cab drivers will even offer up their phone number so you can call them anytime and they'll be your driver. Bus fare I believe is 8 pesos and there's a bus stop in front of the resort. The area is very clean and we have always felt safe. Everyone we've encountered in Cancun has always been very nice and helpful.

If this will be your first visit to Cancun, a quick airport note: If you have transportation provided, whether it's Sun Palace or another resort, do NOT talk to any of the people inside the terminal that come up to "help" you. They're independent drivers/tour operators. Just keep your head down until you get outside and look for your appropriate party.

A reminder that Sun is a small couples only property. No big clubs or bars. So if you're looking for nightlife or more of a "wild" time you'll definitely need to leave the property. However, it's the intimacy of the property that we love. The property is beautiful and the beach is gorgeous...even bluer than in the Caribbean Islands (it's the exact same color as Gatorade Glacier Freeze). Also, being at the south end of the Hotel Zone, the beach isn’t nearly as crowded as resorts located in the center of town. The staff is very attentive and will bend over backwards to assist you. Also, there are couples of every age at the property - from young couples and newlyweds to people our age and older couples.

Restaurants: A number of reviews have had disappointing comments regarding the restaurants. I believe this has to do with your expectations coming in. This is an all-inclusive resort...the food is not going be 5-star. And, if that's the way you look at it, I think you'll be surprised how good the food really is. The breakfast buffet is very good...mostly because they have two chef stations that will fix you whatever you want (within reason) - omelettes, eggs, tacos, tostadas, etc. The Steak buffet is the same way. The steak may not be USDA prime, but it's good, they have several different cuts and they'll give you as much as you want. The Italian restaurant, La Tratto, is a cut above the rest. It's is the one restaurant where you'll walk out going "wow, that was really good". Also, the Oriental Lounge has a fried banana dessert that is…awesome.

Since our last visit, the liquor at the bars has also been upgraded. They now carry many top shelf brands (Don Julio, Grey Goose, etc., etc.). A nice plus since I LOVE tequila and my wife and I like to drink…lol.

(On a side note, across the street from Sun Palace is an EXCELLENT restaurant called Navio’s (formerly J.C. Capitan). It's definitely a hidden gem. It's never crowded, it's inexpensive with excellent food and you can sit at one of their tables on their private dock and watch the sunset...it's a VERY beautiful setting. Best sunset in all of Cancun as far as I’m concerned. If you’re lucky you may even see their “pet” crocodile that makes appearances in the evening. It’s HUGE.)

Spa: The treatments offered at Sun Palace are on par with any typical resort. The downside, however, is that even though the treatments are great, the facility is very small. There are no separate mens and womens areas - just a small coed area with one sauna, one steam room, one jacuzzi and a few showers. There are no robes and swimsuits are required. So, if you're truly a "spa" person, you may be disappointed.

Rooms: As with all Palace Resorts, the rooms are great - spacious, a stocked mini-bar, a shower that could fit 6 and a full jacuzzi tub. All have balconies and 95% of the rooms face the ocean. Our preference is a room on the sixth floor. The room itself is a bit smaller but that's because the balconies are much larger with a full-sized day bed and no cover, roof or another balcony over your head. (If you do upgrade your room to the "concierge" level, definitely take advantage of the selection of therapeutic pillows and in-room aromatherapy.)

$1,500 Resort Credit and Palace "Membership" push: First, let me say that I am a Palace member...and love it. Can't speak highly enough. (In fact, on our most recent trip, one of the couples that went with us decided to join as well.) However, I know many people feel uncomfortable regarding, what can be described as a timeshare pitch...and I'm one of them. BUT, since I ended up becoming a member, I felt it was at least worth mentioning here.
Chances are you will be asked to attend a presentation to hear about what Palace has going on. They do NOT twist your arm so if you don't want to attend simply say no thank you and you won't be asked again...and, most importantly, you will not be treated as a second class guest if you say no. However, if you do have an interest, you only give up 90 minutes of your morning, you will get an incentive to attend (usually another $200 in spa credit or $150 (basic admission for two) to Coco Bongo night club) and you'll get a better understanding of Palace. The presentations are held at Moon Palace and if you attend you will also be provided r/t taxi fare (which saves you $60). We went to the presentation and just made a day of it; Had a spa treatment, hung out at the pool, tried the wave machine, took the Dolphin Interaction tour (very cool) and ate at Moon Palace’s Brazilian restaurant…awesome.

Regarding the $1,500 credit. My wife and I have never used our entire credit on any of our trips. Being all-inclusive you already get so much and, depending on your reservation type, you may already be getting a couple of tours as part of your stay. However, take advantage of everything you can. There are a number of tours that you can use your resort credit on, including; Tulum - our favorite Mayan tour. Isla Mujeres is a must, however, the tour takes most the day. If you don't like to be stuck "waiting", we recommend going to Isla Mujeres on your own. It's $15US round trip and there are two ferry terminals in the northern end of the hotel zone. By doing your own thing you don't have the transportation or buffet lunch...but you're on your schedule not someone elses. You can also do a Dolphin interaction combined with Wet 'n Wild or a "Submarine" combination snorkel tour.

If you love golf you'll blow through your resort credit in a heartbeat. The Moon Palace has a Jack Nicklaus designed course. On our last trip I decided to take an Intro To Golf school at the Nicklaus Golf Academy...well worth it! Especially since it was "free".

If you end up with resort credit left you can also use your credits on discounts on jewelry, photography (which is very popular), a romantic dinner, upgraded wines, upgraded rooms and up to $300 on spa treatments.

Staff: All I can say regarding the staff is that Palace Resorts does a great job of customer service...and Sun Palace raises the bar even higher. From Pablo Winkler (the GM) on down to the maintenance staff, everyone seems to "care", which is rare these days. (Special recognition to Estrella; pool/beach server and George; lounge bartender). Now obviously, incidents do happen and, as far as I'm concerned, it's not necessarily the actual "issue" that's the problem, but how it's resolved. As example, we had a complication with spa appointments that we set up at Moon Palace. I was initially very frustrated over the issue, however, the customer service staff made sure to resolve the situation immediately and even exceeded my expectations in doing so.

Regarding tipping...everyone differs, especially since Sun is an all-inclusive. You will get great service no matter what...HOWEVER, a little goes a long way and tips (as you can imagine) are greatly appreciated...but not expected or asked for. We even made a pool for one of the NFL games and had employees pick squares. My wife and I awarded $$$ for halftime and the end of the game. The staff loved it.

Well, I think that about covers it. The property is great. The people are wonderful. If you go off property, a night at Coco-Bongo and a sunset dinner at Navio’s is a must. We travel to Cancun often, so any questions…about Sun Palace, Palace Resorts, Cancun, nightlife…etc. etc., please ask.

Oh…(a quick PS) If you enjoy tequila or are thinking of buying some to take home – FYI, the prices on most tequilas (whether you’re shopping in Cancun or at the Duty-Free at the airport) are just as expensive (sometimes even more so) as in the U.S. The best “value” is Don Julio. Don Julio is approximately 50% less in price compared to the U.S. (A $60-$70 bottle of Anejo can be found for $35 at Duty Free). Also, 1921 Crema de Tequila is a Bailey’s type liqueur that is tequila blended with an almond crème. It tastes like candy and it is ALWAYS a home run at any party (you can sample it at the airport duty free). Highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
48  Thank vegasjsp
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

I say, you have the talents of a travel writer. I do hope many first timers do read what you set forth. It will be really helpful.

I got a big kick out of your comment on the "pet" crocodile at this neighboring restaurant. If I didn't know better I'd be certain that crocs have their own union. Each of the lagoon restaurants have their own croc. I guess they are really territorial because when one of them sets, ah, paw (I guess) on a given property, no other one is allowed even close.

Your continued patronage and your always kind comments are a privilige to us. Never stop coming back nor writing.

With our best wishes,

Write a ReviewReviews (6,267)

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We visited 12/28-1-3-14 We have learned that in Cancun we prefer smaller hotels: Playacar Palace and now Sun Palace. (Iberostar was beautiful, but we were just a "number" & lots of kids) At Sun Palace the service is wonderful, the food at each "restaurant" and buffet is better. We loved not having to bother with reservations at the restaurants, just walk right into the restaurant of choice (or buffet) for dinner and be seated (and recognized) immediately even on New Years Eve! We thoroughly enjoyed their special NYE menu. AWESOME! The pool areas, bathrooms, rooms, corridors, restaurants, spa were immaculate. The friendly service: outstanding. Resort credits were fantastic. We enjoyed hot stone massages by Irma and Francisca. I had a fabulous 80 minute stone pedicure that I will never forget (wish I could remember her name!) Our romantic dinner on the beach was beyond my expectations. My fiance' enjoyed his Jack Nicklaus golf academy. The ocean front view -beautiful. The ocean water and beach-wonderful. Swim-up bar staff friendly... always big luxurious towels at pool and NOT hard to find pool chairs (I hate when hotels make your scrounge for chairs) We were able to do some dancing every evening after a wonderful dinner....kids are great, but it was soooo nice to not have children splashing, screaming, running around and taking over the place...peace..ahhhh. Try Sun Palace it was FABULOUS!

Room Tip: Room 731 had a nice view and very quiet. Room services/clean up were awesome.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank koala4

Your review is unique. Let me tell you why I find it so:

I get requests for "special rooms" on a daily basis. I am glad to correspond with my guests but sometimes i find that too much value is set on a given service, be it the type of room, food, drinks, etc..

You mention your room number where I take it you had a good time. And it is a beautiful room. Smaller than other types but with an impressive view.

Your overall satisfaction level tells me that you enjoy a bit of everything we have to offer. I think a vacation's success is defined precisely on your ability to find everything all right in an equitable way.

Thank you so much for sharing in a very special way.

Always yours,

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Spent an amazing 2 weeks at this wonderful hotel with my partner. We left a very cold and grey Scotland and travelled 10 hours on the flight to sunny Cancun. Well worth the long journey.

This is our 4th visit to Cancun but first time to Sun Palace. We previously stayed at the Riu Caribe and had an amazing time but Sun Palace is in a league of its own what a place!!

Like all other reviewers have said the staff really make this hotel special. Every one of them work so hard and they can't do enough for you. I was overwhelmed on how dedicated everyone was and always with a smile on their faces. I won't mention any names as that would be unfair but thanks to all of you.

We have travelled to quite a few 5 star hotels in the Caribbean and Europe and it is fair to say that this hotel was best for food. OMG what a selection and the quality and choice was superb. We did not have one bad meal. Room service brilliant too. Drink selections anything you want all premium brands.

We used our resort credits to upgrade to a suite only cost about £60 it was well worth it. Best room we have every stayed in. I just loved all the nice touches like the hair straightners, chi body lotions and shampoos they smelt wonderful.

I was celebrating my 40th birthday and on our first night a bottle of champagne and a cake was delivered to our room. It's little touches like this that make this hotel really special.

Myself and partner are two hard working professional people and just like to relax, eat nice food and enjoy the sunshine when we go on holiday and take time out to spend some quality time together. That's what we did here. I could go on forever on how amazing this hotel is and if you have booked I am so jealous you will not be disappointed. I do not know how anyone could leave negative reviews this hotel is divine. I was nearly in tears when we left and that never happens at the end of our holiday.

I'm praying we will visit again in 2014.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Helen T

When I think of your country it is indeed with overcast skies. But each and all countries of the world are beautiful in their own way. That is what makes travelling such an unique experience.

I too, pray for your return this year. For reasons I do not yet fully understand, we have a great U.K. crowd. And being a couples' resort we get very nice and personable guests from the English Isles.

Oh! And welcome to the bunch! I think for the most part we are people that work hard and deserve good vacations. Most our guests are professionals in need of some time out. It works out rather nicely.

Thank you for your very complimentary remarks on Sun Palace, which awaits you again and again.

Most cordially,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Having enjoyed stellar vacations in April and August of 2013, where we were welcomed like family and treated like royalty by everyone on the superb staff, my husband and I decided to return to Sun Palace for a third week from December 12-19th. This time, having upgraded our Palace Elite membership to Diamond the week before during a stay at Le Blanc, we experienced the best time of all, despite the unexpected 4.5 days of rain, from arrival to departure, our every need was met and request was accepted and granted with a smile by caring and professional staff. Santos, our bellman greeted us at our private car (driven by Jorge) by name and escorted us to our private check-in. On the way there, we were greeted with "Holas" and hugs by familiar staffers in the lobby. Our check-in by the Diamond Concierge was smooth. Since we had previously booked our spa appointments and Concierge Dinner,we were in our favorite room on the Concierge level within 30 minutes. Santos arrived with our luggage, opened our champagne and made sure we had extra towels and hangers. Since it was raining, he even helped us take the cushions off our loungers on the balcony to drain. Dinner that night, and every night (but the one night we had excellent room service) was at our favorite restaurant, La Trotto where Manager Omar and Hostess Marianna and waiters Jose and Victor welcomed us as family and Chef Antonio created wonderful dining experiences every night, including Omar's special Limoncello. Having beach chairs with towels and bottled water in ice chests reserved and waiting for us on the beach in the Diamond section was a real treat. When it was too windy on the beach, we retreated to the spa pool deck area loungers where Pool Servers Luis and Estrella took good care of us and helped us with our Spanish. We want to say a special "thank you" to Front Desk Manager Martin Cano, who along with Guest Services Pamela Luna became our first line of defense in the frequent absence of the Diamond Concierge, who ironically was the only person with whom we dealt who said a given request was not possible. Martin's goal was to make us happy. He and his staff succeeded beyond our expectations. Special kudos to Karla Pflug who does everything and anything she can to serve her guests, including listening to issues and resolving them before they become problems. She is one of the reasons we look forward to returning to Sun Palace. We would also give high marks to Fernanda (Guest Services). Spa treatments by Monica and Giovanni, manicure and pedicure by Gerta and her partner were wonderful. Breakfast and lunch at the Alamo were excellent. The buffet never disappointed and Jauquin provided exceptional table service. Every Housekeeper was excellent. We often found surprises like rose petals on our bed and even a towel animal or two. Norma in the Boutique made shopping fun. When the time came, Karla printed out our boarding passes for the flight home, Santos put our luggage in our private car and after bidding sad "adios" to our Sun Palace family (including the amazing General Manager Pablo Winkler), vowing to return in April, we were driven to the airport by the entertaining Jose who regaled us with stories of the prize he had just won for a drive in a Ferrari or Lamborgini. We love Sun Palace and look forward to our next stay.

2  Thank Lynne N
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

And such a charming note! You have a very easy to read, fresh style.

It is always good to know we were able to offer a happy stay. I very much welcome your comments of Pamela and Karla. These two girls, quite young, are doing an outstanding job. But of course you, my guests, are the only ones that may qualify our work.

It is always a pleasure to have you back. We are already waiting for April.

Our warmest regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I traveled to Sun Palace for a much needed vacation Dec. 8 through Dec. 15, 2013. The staff was, as always, very attentive and efficient. The room was very clean. The bed exceptionally comfortable. The Jacuzzi was welcoming. My husband and I were able to enjoy a very large balcony (room 628) with many beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Every morning, we walked on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. What a great way to start the day. Since we do not frequent the pools or sun on the beach, I cannot comment one way or the other. However, many guests we spoke with had high reviews about both.

Exceptional moments for us included specially prepared meals for us by Chef Edgar Poot and his attentive staff. Time, space, and memory does not allow me to mention all. However, I will try. The "Godzilla" sushi introduced to us by Chef Poot and prepared by Chef Filiberto was amazing. Chef Poot and Manager Mario ensured I was served sea bass in La Tratto that was not on the menu. During lunch in El Alamo my husband encountered Chef Poot. The Chef recommended a combination of shrimp and octopus which was prepared personally by him. My husband was over the moon. Once again, Chef Poot went above and beyond when we attended the Chef's Dinner on Thursday night. The menu included filet mignon which my dear husband enjoyed. Because I do not eat beef, I was spoiled with another beautiful presentation of sea bass. Once again the Chef prevailed when we dined for our last dinner at The Steak. It included a chicken kabob that he recommended. This would not have been my first choice, but I would have regretted the experience if I hadn't tried it. Delicious!! Of course, so many others made our stay extremely relaxing and enjoyable.

El Alamo: Shelia and "Virginia" were always smiling and welcoming at breakfast and lunch. Enrique and Ricardo extremely efficient and enjoyable. The manager, Ruben always going out of his way no matter where we were in the hotel.

The Steak: Arturo was above and beyond hospitable. He is a show in and of himself! Arturo, Tomas, and George are a trilogy of service!

The Chef's Dinner: A must for anyone who enjoys an exceptional meal and good entertainment. Executive Chef Edgar Poot prepares each course while the General Manager Pablo Winkler translates. A great team. The "Mentalist" provided an enjoyable show and Los Ornelas performed throughout the evening. Beautiful!

Room Service: Extremely efficient and quick. We ordered when we were too lazy to leave the room. I apologize I did not get anyone's name.

The Spa: My husband initially requested Elizabeth for his massages. Because of her busy schedule, he was able to enjoy only one with her. To his surprise, he was very fortunate that Mireya was available for the other four. He still raves about their massages!

Tours: Because we wanted to kick back and relax, we only booked the Paradise Adventure. I recommend it to anyone. A boat takes you to a submarine/glass bottom boat that tours the reef. Amazing experience observing the beautiful fish and turtles. Aqua World employees were professional, considerate, and fun.

We look forward to another visit this Spring, hoping to see happy, familiar. and welcoming faces.

Room Tip: The sixth floor offers tremendous sized balconies.
1  Thank Karen S

Your comments carry special value.

Edgar is a very talented and hard working chef who has grown enormously within the company.

Not only is he aware of the newer cooking trends but is getting better and better at what makes a chef "executive": People smarts. He has quite a number of fans.

Always an added bonus when our guests let us know they did indeed "kick back and relax". What else is there in life?

Will see you in Spring,

Best thoughts,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

After spending our honeymoon a a resort surrounded by screaming kids we decided we needed a vacation to ourselves. After reading the wonderful reviews of the Sun Palace we decided to book. It by far exceeded our honeymoon at an all-inclusive in Europe. The one thing that set the apart is that my husband requested some very authentic Mexican dishes to see if they had them because I had never tried them. ( fleur de la calabaza and huitlacoche quesadillas ) They said they didn't have the ingredients, and we understood. The next day at the pool they served us the dishes, we were so surprised and pleased, and they were delicious!!! AMAZING! If you want to be treated like a King and Queen, book the Sun Palace. Here is our breakdown:

Pros:
-Customer service is amazing in all restaurants, bars, spa, and shops, friendly and nice people, but please make sure you tip them, they work HARD
-Fresh fish grilled at the pool= AMAZING
-Mexican Restaurant and Steak Restaurant are best, My husband is Mexican and enjoyed most dishes at the Mexican restaurant, try the green salsa, yum!
-Spa was great, use your resort credits here
-Beautiful beach, great clean pools
-Top Shelf Drinks served all the time, even delivered to you while you lay out on the beach...
-Room Service 24 hours....I mean come on...
-Clean Rooms
-Always something to do in the lobby bar, even if just people watching
-Take the free day trip to Isla Mujeres and go to Palace resort there for the day, nice and relaxing
-There really is no reason to leave the resort, make do with the food and get creative, we ventured out one night and paid $200 for a sub-par meal
-Activities to do, volleyball, water yoga, Spanish lessons in pool etc.
- Very comfy beds and I am picky!
- Hot tub in room is great, we ordered some wine and cheese and relaxed in it one night

CONS:
-Guest Services employees are there to get you to buy time shares, and to upsell you things, do your research on what is included, they tried to upsell us Ricky Martin tickets for $80 a pc that were supposed to be included, then they told the people after us they could upgrade them for free...hmmmm
-Pool area is not HUGE, but good sized
-We are foodies so we gave the food at the restaurants inside a 7/10, Italian restaurant SLOW service, Asian restaurant, not too impressed, lunch is the best poolside with fresh fish and other items
-Ocean was a little rough... not great for swimming, but this is to be expected this time of year.
-We didn't use all of our resort credits, but oh well, it's not like we paid for them anyway...

PROS outweigh the cons BY FAR!
WE WILL BE BACK!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank foodieil

Ah! Foodies after my own heart.

But firstly, thank you for your very kind comments. I see you are very seasoned travellers and therefore your carry specific weight.

As I am sure you know, Mexican cuisine is extremely ample and as far as I am concerned, delicious. But it is not an easy sell. For instance: Mole. The queen of all sauces, comparable only to curry. I have explained, cajoled, threatened-you name it-to get my guests to enjoy it...a few get hooked. Most will give it the once over and that's it.

So are we going to get stuck in the fajitas world?

I count on people like yourselves to boost our Mexican delicacies. You are doing good. Please continue.

With highest respects,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Highlight: Very kind and friendly people in the hospitality service positions for food, drink, luggage, cleaning, beach, and spa. You will greatly appreciate their promptness, happiness to serve you, and respect you are given. When waiting for the elevator, they politely make sure guests go ahead of them.

Food: Delicious and there is always something you will like. Ice cream and fresh Mahi Mahi on grill is great. Never had a long wait to get a table at any restaurant.

Best Tip: Since the service is better than what you get in your own country, tip better or as well as you would in your own country. They are so gracious when you tip. Take tip money and if you forget, ask wait staff, bell boys, or taxi drivers if they can break larger bills. Front desk does not have enough cash to help you with this.

Several disappointments:

Three couples stayed at Sun Palace at same time and paid same price for Concierge room.

#1 We were advised we could start making reservations with Concierge as soon as full payment was made. Payment was made in early November and we were not allowed to make reservations until a few days prior to arrival.

Based on number of days we were staying, we qualified for the free Ricky Martin concert and the Holidaze show. You receive a voucher for both from the concierge and then go to Ticket Master counter at hotel to select your seats for both. Ticket Master was closed when we arrived so we went following day. We were fortunate to get seats together for Ricky Martin, but the seats were horrible and would have had better seats had we been able to select seats when we paid for our stay. Could not get tickets for Holidaze the night we wanted because show was sold out. Ended up not being able to use tickets as schedule was too tight for the day tickets were available.

#2 Requested rooms next to each other at time of reservation and payment. Notes were made on reservation requesting this. Same price was paid and ended up with two different types of rooms. One with a small balcony and one with a large balcony. Asked four times for this to be corrected (twice by phone and twice at front desk). Nothing was done. Within 4 days of our stay we found out that the room next to us with a large balcony was being vacated the next day. Went to front desk and asked for a room change so it could be assigned to couple in our group. Was told rooms could not be assigned to specific people. So I told them if it can't be assigned to specific people then the room should be available. Then they told me the room had been assigned to guests arriving the next day. I told them if they can't assign specific people to rooms, they should give the room to the couple traveling with us and assign their room to the arriving guests. Was told they could not do that because the manager "assigned" the room with the large balcony to the guests arriving the next day. They offered to move me to a room on the same floor as the other couple. I told them I should not have to downgrade my arrangements to get what we paid for. Ridiculous.

Here is what I think happened. All three couples paid the concierge package price and all three couples requested rooms next to each other. As guests arrive they ask to upgrade their room using resort credits. Those who pay the package concierge price don't get the room arrangements requested because guests using resort credits to upgrade their room bump you out of your arrangements. Hotel says they can't assign people to rooms, but they assigned someone to the room next to us that had not yet arrived. We fully paid our stay 7 weeks prior to arrival and rooms were not assigned as requested. Very disappointing and made it uncomfortable and embarrassing to discuss what rooms were like with those traveling with us as I made our arrangements.

#3 We were offered $150 off per person for Coco Bongo if we attended a membership presentation at Moon Palace. Only received $150 off per couple. Thought we would also get a gift, but did not receive a gift. If you decide to do the presentation, get your offer in writing for gift/dollars. There is a $60+tip cab ride to Moon Palace if you don't take the free shuttle. They will pay for the return transportation. Had to wait 25 minutes for table to have lunch. Moon Palace is a very large family resort, has golf, and also has swim with dolphins.

Room Tip: If traveling with a group, check in together to make sure you get rooms fairly close to each other...
2  Thank Diane S
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. Each guest teaches us something new.

Allow me, if you would to make a short comment on rooms assignements: We make it very clear that we cannot pre book a given room for a number of reasons but mainly because we know by experience that there is an infinite number of possibilities that might counter this request. And that is why we leave it as a request, not a confirmation. Especially on full dates.

I know that we all have favorite locations within the resort and it is in our best interest to try and comply. Believe me, if we could promise, we would.

Thank you so much for your choice of Sun Palace.