Sun Palace
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$528
galahotels.com
US$255
US$219
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$800
6,568 results
All reviewsthe concierge leveloriental loungesteakel alamopablo winklerla trattoitalian restaurantlobby baralamo restaurantroom serviceconcierge dinnerour honeymoonchef's dinnerresort creditactivity poolfire showdinner on the beach
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My opinion of the hotel is not so great. I find the room facility very poor specially the rooms are not cleaned properly. I've stayed for 6 nights and realised the bedsheets were not changed on a daily basis and the duvet cover was not changed at all. On one occasion I took all the covers off and left it on the floor to be changed. Also the maids did not clean the room until say around 5/6pm which is very late. The other disadvantage in the room was that it does not have any storage system to put your clothes away. All My clothes were in the suitcase.

The all inclusive is excellent and the restaurant staff were amazing. They provided excellent service.

If you want to use sauna and steam there's very little chance as it's too small to accommodate guests and you are turned away. After complaining to the manage re the use of sauna I was allowed to go in. I found sauna/steam room staff refusing entry by saying it's fully booked when it was not.
Also the credits they give you is also good but there's a catch there where you purchase any excursions you use your credits but you pay 16% tax on the actual price.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lisa H
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your comment although I must say I didn't quite understand the title.

I must assume you had rain. Yes? Why would you stay inside otherwise? Granted, there are only so many sun lounges at the pool (ca. 150) but the beach has no limit.

I do apologize for the tardiness in cleaning your room. Each maid gets 11 rooms to make during the day. They alternate doing from one point to the other and next day reversing the order, thereby everyone gets their fair share of early days. And if you ask, they usually will come by earlier. They really aim to please.

I cannot tell if you are still in the resort, but I am always more than ready to be of service.

Cordially,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I just got married last week at Sun Palace Resort. The venue was breathe-taking and all the photos that our guests took turned out beautifully. We went with the basic complementary set-up and it took my breathe away when I saw it. I don't think it's necessary to pay $1500 or more for an upgraded set-up.

Our on-site wedding coordinator Rebeca goes through several weddings per day and she is very experienced. She gave us really good advices throughout the day (eg. where to pose the officiator for the best photos, where we should have our first dance, etc). Not only that, she's extremely prepared. For example, one of our guests tossed her rose petals too soon and immediately after, Rebeca put new petals in her hand. As a result, all the small details of that day were taken care of and I could fully enjoy my big day!

The food was fantastic. We had more than 10 buffets that we could choose from for our reception. Our cheesecake wedding cake was perhaps one of the best wedding cake I have ever had.

A lot of our guests said it was the most romantic and beautiful wedding they have ever been to. We are very happy that we went with Sun Palace for our destination wedding!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Liddy_K
pwinkler, General Manager at Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Rebecca is one of our best wedding coordinators.She is very experienced and very committed.

Fortunately we do have a high number of weddings in this resort and that makes our coordinators and our staff very able to handle any situations that should arise. Thank you for noticing.

Cancun has fast become a preferred wedding destination because it is very well suited for this venue. The views are indeed breath-taking and our staff is attuned to both the ceremony as well as the pre and post days that you may spend with us so as to make you and your guests as comfortable as possible.

Thank you for your kind words. Receive our warmest good wishes.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and traveled to Cancun and this was our first time at an All-Inclusive resort. I must first stress, COUPLES ONLY! If you don't have kids than come to a place that doesn't allow kids.

The resort is clean and compacted. We arrived and went through check in. I have to say, check in was a little long. We then we're taken to our room. The room was huge, bigger than I expected. We were upgraded to the One-Bedroom Presidential Suite which was really nice of them because we were celebrating our 6 years. We were tired from the day so we ordered room service. Loved it! It was delicious for what room service can be but better than expected.

Our days:
The beach is beautiful and probably one of the best stretches of the beach in this area, from what I've been told. With the waiter service you are never without a drink or food. This is why you came to an All-Inclusive, right? The water was super warm but wavy at times.

The pool is awesome and has a great look out over the ocean. With an infinity pool with ledge to sit and a swim up bar not to far away, time just slips away as you relax in the pool. There are only 2 pools with one big one and one smaller one. We spent the majority in the big pool.

Entertainment:
So fun. The night shows are classy and funny. Not big entertainers but we did enjoy it. We went into the city and shops which we thought would be entertaining but to be honest, we wish we stayed at the resort and soak it up. Being out was an all day event and we were more tired coming back to the resort than we wanted to be. There is tons of nightlife though if you are that type of couple or person.

This trip set the standard for our all-inclusive experience and it was nothing short of amazing/awesome! A must go!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank davidewing

I would say: Come on down if you do or don't have kids. As you so aptly put it, you need a break.

I think, by your own description, we are the perfect haven for people like you who want to relax and simply forget about the everyday grind for a while. We do that well.

Thank you for such an eloquent description. We will look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The pools are small, but we never had any difficulty finding a great spot and relaxing. The beach is beautiful. Even though we don’t consider ourselves “beach people” we spent a couple of days relaxing to the sounds of the waves and enjoying the breeze off the water. If I had to identify one thing that made our trip I would say it was the service. Everyone was very attentive and polite. The pool service we received at the pool by Ivan was by far the best and is what really made our trip. Ivan was on top of everything and he allowed us to relax and enjoy the sun (without worrying when our next drink would arrive). The only complaint I had was that they were doing some minor work at the main pool area during our visit (e.g. painting, replacing steps to spa) which created some noise, but I also understand that without continuous maintenance the place wouldn’t be as enjoyable as it was. Overall, my wife and I would return without hesitation. Our previous experience with Palace Resorts was at Le Blanc, and while Le Blanc is on a level of its own we were very pleased with the Sun Palace.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian L

I would dare say that Mexico is a country that thrives on service in a way that is now a days becoming run over by technology and efficiency.

U.S.A. and other developed countries come to escape the very impersonal nature of these everyday themes. It is a bit funny how Mexicans like visiting first world countries precisely for the reasons Americans want to take a break.

The grass is greener...

On the matter of repairs I promise I don't think twice, I think 10 times before engaging on maintenance that would inconvenience my guests in the slightest. Sometimes I have no recourse.

Thank you for very kind words. They are very valuable to us.

With best regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I attended a wedding with a large group at the Sun Palace and I was so impressed by the staff and service that I promised myself that I would post my comments. Each service member went out of his/her way to help us. I tried to make note of the names of those who gave outstanding service. In particular, these are the people whose names I remember, Erika, Yusman, at the front desk. Waiters/waitresses, Ricardo, Maria, Daniel, Arturo, Consuela, Lesli and Jaquian. I am sorry I don't remember any more names, but I have to say everyone was very gracious and took pride in doing a professional job. The food was very good and the rooms were spacious and well appointed. The pools and beach area were beautiful, but since it rained while we were there, we missed out on using them. Because of the rain, we went into town just to do something. That ended up being a waste of time. At the market, the shop keepers were obnoxious and overbearing. We were glad to get back to the hotel and relax.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrice C

Thank you for your very kind comments on our service and installations.

As much as it pains me to say it, some places downtown are very much like you mention. It is simply not understandable that people would shoot themselves in the foot by being aggressive.

The city is undertaking a total reconstruction program of its downtown area. Lets hope this will solve the issue.

We will see you soon again. This time without rain. I am not crazy about 4 point reviews. And thank you in the name of all those you mention, which will certainly be recognized.

With our best feelings,