“All Inclusive is not What it is Wrapped to be!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Beach Palace

Beach Palace
Ranked #14 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
“All Inclusive is not What it is Wrapped to be!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

My wife and I travelled to Cancun, MX 14-23 April 2012. We spent our first night in town at the 16th ranked J.W. Marriott Resort and Spa. On the April 15 we moved to the 7th Ranked Beach Palace. We were told since we were VIP, Black Arm Band, that we would be able to check in early..(Not so Fast). We checked in and were immediately set down at the guest services table. This was the precurser to the timeshare presentation. We were not offered a drink as we didn't have our arm band yet. After hearing from guest services we were sent to the vacation planners where we were to decide how to spend our resort credits. The 1500 dolllar credit was nice but you were limited to what you could spend it on. Only up to 300 on Spa, 100 on Maui Jim Glasses that were $340.00, Golf, and up to $100.00 on overpriced cheap jewelry.

Once in the Pool and Beach Area are awesome. The drinks however not so much. The Palaces advertise top shelf liquor, but use mid shelf to bottom shelf. If you ask for a drink the first bottle they reach for is the rot gut. Ask for Malibu you get the cheap immitation until you call them on it. Anyway if you go ask right away for the good stuff. Beer-Be ready there is no Bud Light, Miller Light or Michelob Ultra. They will first try to serve draws of Sole and Doseques XX. 85 degrees on the beach the draw gets warm. We scrapped a little for cans a got Coors Light. Tip and you have a better chance of getting the Coors Light. After we figured out the drink puzzle it was all good, even though I drink Bud Light and Michelob Ultra.

Night Life needs improvement. The Sports Bar allows children and there is not really an adult get away in the resort.

Rooms are great except for the beds are really hard. I had a tough time sleeping. Make use of the Jacuzzi in the room. This was extremely relaxing.

The food was really good and the service was great. Hats off to some of the waiters and waitresses; they were great . Gilmer, Victor, and Yadi were great. Food at the pool bar and pool Buffet was really good. At the end of seven days it all kind of taste the same.

All in all I won't do all inclusive again. I will pay for what I want and won't worry that they are trying to give me what I dont want. Having to argue to get Coors Light and always having to ask for the mid grade liquor was classless.

For such a nice place they class it down by serving low grade liquor and not fulfilling request.

As comparred to the J.W. Marriott anf the Marriott Casa Magna. I will go to the Marriott Casa Magna. It was great. That's another review.

Room Tip: Our room had a great view. Room 1010. Perfect view of the resort and beach. The only drawback is...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,728)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

This hotel is well worth the trip from the UK as we discovered when we chose to holiday here to celebrate my husband's birthday. They clearly have a fantastic team of staff and it quickly became apparent that each and every one of them would do their utmost to make us as happy as possible! The hotel is so clean and well kept, and is right on the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. The food is really very good - every day, especially in Bocelli and the Wok. One afternoon the hotel manager came down onto the beach asking how everyone was enjoying their stay and was there anything he could possibly do to make it even better. He asked us if there was any particular reason why we were on holiday, and then asked us if we would let one of the head chef's show us what he could do! So we chose the Wok for our last night and were treated like royalty by waiter Guilmar and host Randolf (apologies for any incorrect spellings!). The meal was a gourmet dining experience and a half and was finished off with a delicious cake and candles. All the waiting staff at every meal were happy and friendly, and the bar staff and staff around the pools and on the beach were so willing to keep you refreshed - I don't think we went without the offer of a drink for more than 20 minutes all week! This brilliant attitude from each and every staff member was a real treat and really made the holiday for us. As a result we are thinking of making our next holiday at another of the Palace resorts - their motto is 'All incredible, all inclusive, & all yours' and I think they have got that absolutely right. It's in a great location just a stroll away from shopping malls and other non-hotel based restaurants. My tip: although we booked a less expensive Lagoon View room, we requested a quiet room on a high floor, as a result they placed us in room 1201 which was on the top floor with a balcony which wrapped right around the north side of the hotel so we could see across the lagoon (amazing sunsets), up the strip (great when lit up at night), and right up the beautiful white beach and luminous turqoise sea. Can't rate it highly enough :-)

1 Thank ALittleBitSpoiled
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

We had a great stay at Beach Palace during our 5 night stay in March. The resort was not over-crowded, the food was good, the rooms were very nice and the price was excellent. The staff is wonderful, everyone has a "can do, will help" attitude. We upgraded our room using our resort credit once we arrived. I made spa reservations 3 weeks before our arrival and was able to use our resort credit for the services there ($300 max in applying the resort credit at the spa.) I would definitely stay there again. It is a great value for the cost.

Room Tip: My only complaint is that the nightly entertainment activities and the daytime pool music are noisy...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank tmcgowen
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

1. Let me start by saying I was not gifted with the planning/detail oriented gene most brides develop during the planning phase of their wedding. I was heavily dependent on the support from my onsite wedding coordinator, Mario. I reccomend having your ceremony on the sky terrace of the hotel. Highest point of the hotel most amazing views, and much ore intimate! Mario, thank you for surpassing my expectations!!!

2. Ideal hotel for both families and single "party hoppers". While I traveled to Mexico with a large number of my family it was very important that we by within walking distance to the amazing Cancun nightlife, while enjoying the quiet and peacefulness during the day. Ideal location - not directly in the party zone, but able to walk or catch the bus within 5 minutes.

3. The SERVICE - amazing! First, while this is an all inclusive resort, money does go along way! The more you tip the better the service. We happen to be heavy tippers (when due). We have treveled extensively and I have never recieved such amazing service, individual attention, and respect. If you are a "foody"as I am, not that Gabriella makes the BEST breakfast in all of Cancun! Thank you Gabriella for remembering my order every morning, even though you serve hundreds/thousands of people per day.

4. Our hotel room was on the 2nd floor, ocean front. With the exception of having two doubles in our room, I was totally blown away by the amentities! The wine, free snackbar, TV,jacuzzi tube, and balcony just blew me away. Slept on the balcony the first night!

Have never written a review before, but felt obligated to let others know how amazing this hotel truly is!

5 Thank Dominique D
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We have owned our Palace Resort timeshare for over twenty years.We have been with them through the rebuilding process and seen the resurection of Cancun after Hurricane Wilma. We were surprised to see that the occupancy was up and lots of families had made the trip to Cancun.
The rooms are lovely and have great views on each side of the hotel. Because of the association with Palace resorts there are 3 hotels on the hotel zone that you can visit for meals. We like the dress code for the nicer restaurants and the food and service are exceptional. Many on the staff have been there for years and it is indeed like coming home and visiting friends.
We love the roof pool deck away from beach noise and is ususally very queit in the morning but the afternoon brings the younger crowd to see the lovely sunsets.We will be back in 2013.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not over the mezzanine bar area!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We travelled with two young children and the staff were execeptionally helpful. Because of the more intimate size of the resort it was convenient and quick to get to the pool or restaurants from your rooms.

The food at the Buffett had a decent variety.

The pool does get a little cold though because of the afternoon shadow from the building.

Overall I would recommend the Beach Palace.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank TLCheung
Boynton Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Friends and I went down for a wedding and fell is love with the hotel. Just by asking a simple question, we were upgraded from a regular lagoon view room to a Presidential Suite with an ocean view at no additional cost. The staff went out of their way to make sure that we were taken care of at all times. By the end of the first day they were calling us by first names at different places through the hotel. It was nice to have them remember who we were. Even if we only met them a few hours ago. They made our friends wedding day exceptional. They went over and above our expectations and i will defiantly be returning to the Beach Palace.